Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just because you're bitter about never having had real fun before doesn't mean you have to make Bear suffer too

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think my ideal road trip would be one where I not only visit a bunch of national parks but also a bunch of the big zoos in the country. Basically would be the best trip ever.
This sounds fun! Although I feel like a national park trip and a zoo trip should be separated just because they tend to be in such different areas (with zoos tending to be nearer to cities).

If I did a zoo road trip I would combine it with a museum road trip and visit some amazing science/history/art museums in addition to the zoos.

Members don't see this ad :)
This sounds fun! Although I feel like a national park trip and a zoo trip should be separated just because they tend to be in such different areas (with zoos tending to be nearer to cities).

If I did a zoo road trip I would combine it with a museum road trip and visit some amazing science/history/art museums in addition to the zoos.
Man now I need two trips...

So much yes to the museums though. I miss having the various Carnegie museums so easily accessible (and free!).

Speaking of, DOES ANYONE WANT TO TAKE ME TO WASHINGTON D.C. AND LET ME FREAK OUT IN THE SMITHSONIAN AND ALL OF THE OTHER HISTORICAL LOCATIONS FOR LIKE A MONTH?!

That whole city is on my bucket list because I love history, but I know I would need a week minimum there to feel even remotely satisfied.

Reactions: 3 users
Do it! My friend once found an authentic typewriter from the 1920's that still worked perfectly.
I WANT THIS SO BAD
I was just saying when we were watching the shining that I would love to have an old, working typewriter

I want to do a museum road trip!

I'd rather pick one national park to explore really thoroughly than do a road trip with 3+.

Speaking of, DOES ANYONE WANT TO TAKE ME TO WASHINGTON D.C. AND LET ME FREAK OUT IN THE SMITHSONIAN AND ALL OF THE OTHER HISTORICAL LOCATIONS FOR LIKE A MONTH?!

That whole city is on my bucket list because I love history, but I know I would need a week minimum there to feel even remotely satisfied.
Take me with you, I've never been

Man now I need two trips...

So much yes to the museums though. I miss having the various Carnegie museums so easily accessible (and free!).
Once went to Chicago and did the zoo, field museum, aquarium, science museum, and art museum in the span of a few days. I was in heaven.

Reactions: 1 users

I would.

I could kind of spend all day in the Natural History Smithsonian though... we may need an entire month.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd love to go visit a big city (like New York or San Francisco or London) and go to the ballet and feel like a fancy, big-city person. And visit museums and art galleries and stuff, but really I'd go just to see a big ballet production.

Also, Broadway specifically and NYC in general are totally on my "I want to go to there" list.
I saw Les Mis on Broadway a couple years ago :love:

Also went to a weird reading/performance of some Lovecraft story that night.

And on a different trip spent an entire day at the Met, which was fantastic.

VMH come visit me then. I'm 30 minutes to a fairly safe metro station. Been to almost all the museums. Except Spy bc you have to pay. Then we can take Naptown by storm and ogle the midshipmen

I'd love to go visit a big city (like New York or San Francisco or London) and go to the ballet and feel like a fancy, big-city person. And visit museums and art galleries and stuff, but really I'd go just to see a big ballet production.
I've only seen little productions because I apparently like to support local theater and arts. :p

In Denver every year around Christmas they do a free rendition of The Nutcracker that I've heard is good, but I never want to drive down to Denver and fight the crowds to get in.

Yea, more fun on a river though

Tubing on the Shenandoah or white water rafting on the Nantahala. Also plan on going hiking the week between finals and graduation here. There's a lot of neat places in upstate SC

Reactions: 2 users
Can't forget to hit up some local breweries

Reactions: 2 users
I saw Les Mis on Broadway a couple years ago :love:

Also went to a weird reading/performance of some Lovecraft story that night.

And on a different trip spent an entire day at the Met, which was fantastic.
When my mom was younger her work had her commute to NYC all the time and she used to just buy Broadway tickets when she was there and see a different show every night. Her love of musicals is where I got mine from and if I ever have the money I want to surprise her with a trip to NYC to see musicals again because she hasn't been in years.

I've only seen little productions because I apparently like to support local theater and arts. :p

In Denver every year around Christmas they do a free rendition of The Nutcracker that I've heard is good, but I never want to drive down to Denver and fight the crowds to get in.
I've seen a lot of student performances. I support local stuff! It's just, my local stuff is way less cool.

So we all crash your aunts while she's away? Bc I don't think my parents will be down for strangers coming over
I mean, 2/3 of her kids are away at college (though it's Georgetown so like right down the street) so she's got space. IM SURE SHED LOVE TO HAVE RANDOM STRANGERS CRASH IN HER HOUSE.

My brain won't slow down enough for sleep so I'm here until I crash

We've got tons of craft breweries all over Colorado. Plus it's always fun to go to a restaurant and realize they also brew their own beer, so you can just say "Surprise me" and see what happens.

Best thing I ever got was Jalapeño beer.

We've got tons of craft breweries all over Colorado. Plus it's always fun to go to a restaurant and realize they also brew their own beer, so you can just say "Surprise me" and see what happens.

Best thing I ever got was Jalapeño beer.

There was a good sweet potato stout I tried once. The Bay Street biergarten is good... as long as you can actually pour beer and not get 7/8 head like me

Hey class of 21 pilots: I'm making a prevet bucket list of things to do before vet school, and I'm looking to add some ideas. What are you all wanting to do before you go off into the wild blue yonder
Well... I turn 21 this summer, so I think y'all all know my summer bucket list. ;)

eLjpo_s-200x150.gif

tumblr_obkcqib9F11sxr2d1o1_500.gif

You drink anyway. It might actually be more of a shock to your system to take a sobriety day. ;)
Hey now, I've been sober for like 10 days now (not that my sobriety is ever an issue for me- I promise I'm not a raging alcoholic). My body needs a drink after this week.