Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I cleaned my whole room for six or seven hours after I finished finals. Partially because I hadn't cleaned it in ages (hence the six or seven hours) and partially to get sickness stench out of it after I recovered from my stomach flu

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I cleaned my whole room for six or seven hours after I finished finals. Partially because I hadn't cleaned it in ages (hence the six or seven hours) and partially to get sickness stench out of it after I recovered from my stomach flu
We still need to make pie hahahahahah

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Day 0 someone looked at me and asked if I’m from SDN.

I really need a better online name
I've been figured out several times. I don't really try to conceal much on this account and even then knowing the program I'm in and my class year gives you an option of about 4 people I could be lol

Reactions: 2 users
I am serving as a juror on my last week of winter break. Like, I understand the importance of civic duty buttttt I really wanted to be a bum this week since I worked a ton in the ICU while clinical students were sparse.

Everyone ready to start second semester of first year?!?!?!

Yep we start Monday! I'm excited, but I'm sure it will go away once I'm sitting in class for hours straight :rolleyes:
I just don’t want to have to leave my husband and pups again. I actually don’t mind school itself (except maybe sitting for hours in class, lol). I guess I should have clarified.

Members don't see this ad :)
We started back at 8 am today with large animal anatomy, it was rough.

We started back at 8 am today with large animal anatomy, it was rough.
I’m sorry you already started, but I’m a little jealous, I can’t wait until LA anatomy.

Started back today and now I'm hoping that we get enough of a winter storm to cancel classes on Thursday or Friday.

Ew the rest of campus doesn’t start until Thursday

We were all pretty salty about the heavy handed reminder of this when places weren't open for food at lunch, haha.

We start the Tuesday after MLK day. I need more break!!!

Not ready for my five hour physiology class!!!! :cryi:

Is that five hours of straight lecture?!?!? Sheesh.... It'll be interesting for us... we start at 8:30/9:30 every day and end at 5:30.. except for Friday with is 3:30... starting later will be super nice but I'm not sure I'll like being there until 5:30 every day haha

Is that five hours of straight lecture?!?!? Sheesh.... It'll be interesting for us... we start at 8:30/9:30 every day and end at 5:30.. except for Friday with is 3:30... starting later will be super nice but I'm not sure I'll like being there until 5:30 every day haha
Just an hour a day, every weekday for the entire semester.
We start at 8am and end at 5 every day except Friday where we get out at noon! :soexcited:

We start the Tuesday after MLK day. I need more break!!!

Not ready for my five hour physiology class!!!! :cryi:

Our physiology class last semester was 6 credits and it’s five credits this semester so I definitely feel your pain!!

It feels like I had just started to enjoy lectures in bed and now I get morning labs. But I actually am ready to start again. I've reached the point of my break where doing nothing is starting to become not so fun.

Day 0 someone looked at me and asked if I’m from SDN.

I really need a better online name

I feel you.

We don't start until the 16th and I'm not showing up til the 20th because of the birth of my niece on the 18th. All you starting today break my heart.

Our physiology class last semester was 6 credits and it’s five credits this semester so I definitely feel your pain!!
Our phys class last semester was 7(?) credits
I mean, ours was kinda 7 hours? They broke it into two separate classes though so you had physiology 1 (4 hour) and physiology 2 (3 hour) in one semester. But this is good ‘ol fun with GI, metabolism, and endocrinology. :barf:

lol sorry I'm so spacy I can't even finish my sentences, I'm applying for a summer research thing with my school. I think someone else mentioned about it before maybe on a different thread? It's called STAR!

Oooh fun. I'm considering applying to do summer research at my school again but I don't know if I have the references so maybe not. Our apps are due at the end of the month so I am also sort of behind here.

Oooh fun. I'm considering applying to do summer research at my school again but I don't know if I have the references so maybe not. Our apps are due at the end of the month so I am also sort of behind here.
I am here with a message from past finn: don’t do it, it’s a trap

That is all, goodbye

I came in over break to help receive the cadavers for LA anatomy and it was just one more reason to go SA.
Lol, to each their own. At least we won’t be competing for jobs when we graduate ;)

I mean, ours was kinda 7 hours? They broke it into two separate classes though so you had physiology 1 (4 hour) and physiology 2 (3 hour) in one semester. But this is good ‘ol fun with GI, metabolism, and endocrinology. :barf:
As long as its not kidneys. I never thought I could feel so much hatred for an organ.

Our phys class last semester was 7(?) credits
Maybe our pie will get made by graduation maybe that should be the tradition lol plan to make pie during semester 1 actually make pie by graduation day

Maybe our pie will get made by graduation maybe that should be the tradition lol plan to make pie during semester 1 actually make pie by graduation day
This sounds like every plan in my life so I can get behind this. Maybe we can mail a pie to Chloe before she finishes her residency lol

As long as its not kidneys. I never thought I could feel so much hatred for an organ.
I looked at the syllabus/ my friend was explaining it to me. 15 weeks (not including spring break or finals). 3 organ systems (GI, metabolism, endocrine). It’s the #1 fail out course, from what I’ve heard.

tenor.gif

I looked at the syllabus/ my friend was explaining it to me. 15 weeks (not including spring break or finals). 3 organ systems (GI, metabolism, endocrine). It’s the #1 fail out course, from what I’ve heard.

tenor.gif
Have some optimism, my friend! :biglove:

lol sorry I'm so spacy I can't even finish my sentences, I'm applying for a summer research thing with my school. I think someone else mentioned about it before maybe on a different thread? It's called STAR!

It was me! I got a mentor, but haven't started my application...but we'll get there!

Did my first two cat neuters ever today and it was super fun:love:

Reactions: 13 users
It was me! I got a mentor, but haven't started my application...but we'll get there!
Saaaaame. I just started the background research she gave me before starting the application. There are key words that I have to have lol. Across-breed genome-wide approach. Yup that's definitely needed :laugh:. Good luck!

tenor.gif

Iiiiiiit's balls. Hairy donkey ballsacks. And if you shave the ballsacks, they very strangely remind you of a shiny bald head...

But that's all I have to say about that.

Good luck!

Can’t believe second semester classes start tomorrow already. Break was super fun. It was really cool to get to spend my break working at the clinic I did in undergrad...my boss kept handing me blood work and asking what I thought about this case or that case. She’s a pretty fantastic mentor. Plus, she gave me a raise, which I super appreciated. Can’t wait to be back this summer!

Reactions: 8 users
I am here with a message from past finn: don’t do it, it’s a trap

That is all, goodbye

I should have responded to this and I'm sorry that I didn't.

I'm also sorry that I'm not listening to past finn. Please forgive me past finn. Also, please forgive me future finn.