Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You say this, but we all know future Finn is going to loom at present Finn and face palm.

But that's only near future finn. Slightly further future finn will be cool with present finn.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
History doesn’t repeat itself, it rhymes.

Repeating words technically rhyme.

Here's an awesome poem I wrote for you:

Her name was SkiOtter, she was very clever,
never was there ever another otter so clever.

And it rhymes! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
NO.
You can’t even do a proper ellipses so why should I listen to you...
It's called an exact rhyme and it's real! :rage:

I swear my degree was good for something. All those classes and I can't even win an argument about ellipses . . . :rolleyes::p

A really expensive piece of wall art is the one thing we can contribute to our parents houses. It’s the most expensive thing they’ll ever get from me.
My dad was convinced that vets make bank and I was going to buy him an expensive sports car to thank him for raising me.

There might be just a few things wrong with his thinking. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
A really expensive piece of wall art is the one thing we can contribute to our parents houses. It’s the most expensive thing they’ll ever get from me.

My dad was convinced that vets make bank and I was going to buy him an expensive sports car to thank him for raising me.

I can't give my DVM to my parents! I need something to burn for warmth after I graduate. :flame:

Reactions: 2 users

My dad was planning on not working again and just have me pay for everything after I become a DVM

We started Musculoskeletal Block today! Thankfully I've heard nothing but nice things about anatomy here so I'm looking forward to it!

Interested how schools do different things...have you not had anatomy yet?

Interested how schools do different things...have you not had anatomy yet?
Nope! This is our first class about anatomy :D I'm super excited. I don't know how other schools do it but we have 6? weeks of musculosketel and then we go through systems blocks such as urinary and anatomy of the kidney with be covered there. Davis is weird but super cool!

Nope! This is our first class about anatomy :D I'm super excited. I don't know how other schools do it but we have 6? weeks of musculosketel and then we go through systems blocks such as urinary and anatomy of the kidney with be covered there. Davis is weird but super cool!

Super interesting. We had canine anatomy first semester and equine anatomy this semester. We also have a musculoskeletal systems course this semester and then all of the other systems courses are second year.

So then do you do both canine and LA anatomy in those 6 weeks?

We do canine, equine, and bovine. All. Year. Long. All. Together.

We do canine, equine, and bovine. All. Year. Long. All. Together.

Us too. It’s torture. The dogs we’ve had have been sitting round since September and they have been getting more and more gross. Tomorrow is our first dissection of the term And I’m not looking forward to the smell.

So how do you do this dissection wise?

Their ponies can't have started rotting as quickly as ours...

Us too. It’s torture. The dogs we’ve had have been sitting round since September and they have been getting more and more gross. Tomorrow is our first dissection of the term And I’m not looking forward to the smell.

We have dissection groups of 8 people and we dissect all three at the same time. The first 4 weeks is the forelimb, the second 4 weeks the hindlimb. Then they go into the freezer from mid-October to mod-January. Then 4 weeks in the thoracic cavity, 4 weeks in the abdominal cavity, 4 weeks on repro/renal, and 4 weeks on the head.

Last year a pony rotted completely. Our pony was pretty pink in its deep glut. So hopefully it hasn't disintegrated by the time they pull it out next week....

Oh god that's awful

You can see why I was displeased with repeating. I get two years of anatomy. Two. Years. Granted, anatomy is why I'm repeating. So obviously it didn't really stick the first time.

But I'm going to maintain my "saltier than Crait" status because of anatomy.

Reactions: 1 users
The very thought of enduring anatomy hell again (especially second semester) makes me stomach curdle. Ugh.

Third quarter was the best quarter for me last year. So hopefully the same happens again this year. We have a whole new professor for fourth quarter, so that will be a crap shoot.

I am so not ready for this. Our physiology professor started the physiology II class with a little bit of lecture and then switched over to having us retake the final from physiology I. I thought that horror was done with before break!

* It wasn't for points, just some research on student learning outcomes or something.

I am so not ready for this. Our physiology professor started the physiology II class with a little bit of lecture and then switched over to having us retake the final from physiology I. I thought that horror was done with before break!

* It wasn't for points, just some research on student learning outcomes or something.
That is the stuff of nightmares. :scared:

Reactions: 2 users
Seriously considering getting some pet mice. Somebody stop me.

(Vet school has considerably lowered my resistance to fluffy things.)

Seriously considering getting some pet mice. Somebody stop me.

(Vet school has considerably lowered my resistance to fluffy things.)

I’m getting a hamster Friday, you should do it!

I used to have a hamster because I had mice! He was a good hamster. Whenever the mice in my mouse-infested apartment would wake me up I would say to myself, "Oh, that's just Sir Cornelius, I don't need to worry about that" and go back to sleep.

In his old age (and out of the mouse-y apartment) he became quite adept at escaping his tank and he would spend his nights hiding banana chips in my shoes. I would catch him by putting his wheel down on the floor and waiting for him to hop in so I could return him to his cage.

Reactions: 4 users
I used to have a hamster because I had mice! He was a good hamster. Whenever the mice in my mouse-infested apartment would wake me up I would say to myself, "Oh, that's just Sir Cornelius, I don't need to worry about that" and go back to sleep.

In his old age (and out of the mouse-y apartment) he became quite adept at escaping his tank and he would spend his nights hiding banana chips in my shoes. I would catch him by putting his wheel down on the floor and waiting for him to hop in so I could return him to his cage.
Sir Cornelius sounds like an awesome hamster! What an amazing name, too!

Sir Cornelius sounds like an awesome hamster! What an amazing name, too!
I believe it was, in full, Sir Cornelius the Not-So-Great, since he was rather small.

Reactions: 1 users

Totally sympathize. Our physiology started with a “practice test” of stuff from last term (different prof this term). I got 10/30 and hadn’t heard of several things on it. And I did well in the class last term.

Don't do it. It's a trap. Obviously.
Crisis averted. For now.
I’m getting a hamster Friday, you should do it!
You must send me pics on Friday of the cute little guy/girl! :love: The cage options are holding me back on the mice right now. I’m obsessed with my home decor and want it to mesh. Rainbow plastic will stick out like a sore thumb. But I don’t want to get a tank due to ammonia/respiratory issues.

This is one of the best stories I have ever heard. Oh my goodness.

Crisis averted. For now.

You must send me pics on Friday of the cute little guy/girl! :love: The cage options are holding me back on the mice right now. I’m obsessed with my home decor and want it to mesh. Rainbow plastic will stick out like a sore thumb. But I don’t want to get a tank due to ammonia/respiratory issues.

This is one of the best stories I have ever heard. Oh my goodness.
Check Amazon! I got mine on Amazon and followed Dr. B’s recommendations for housing.

Survived my first 8 am day of the semester. Definitely wanted to fall asleep several times though. Also this personal statement for my summer research application is killing me. At least I got to pet a horse for awhile.

Reactions: 4 users
Well... I cut myself in anatomy lab today... had to go to urgent care and got a few stitches. Scalpels scare me:eek::oops: