Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Shout out to my lurking classmate :lurking:

You know, I've noticed a ton of schools are represented by basically the same 3ish people, almost one per class. Then there are a ton of lurkers for a bunch of places.

Join the madness, lurkers!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
You know, I've noticed a ton of schools are represented by basically the same 3ish people, almost one per class. Then there are a ton of lurkers for a bunch of places.

And then you have my school, which is represented by...me.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And then you have my school, which is represented by...me.

If it makes you feel better, PP and I are the bastion for our school. And she may disappear in March for clinics.

Reactions: 2 users

I've seen a couple people on here in lecture, but I don't think anyone is really active. They should stop watching Spy Kids in the front row of class and join us!

That’s exactly the case with OkState! I’ve been slowing working on @Emily Faith joining the masses and not be as much of a lurker.

I think she needs to play WW, but that’s just me.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Plot twist on the mouse thing. A male box turtle has been under my teenage sister's care for the last five years of its life and has not been doing well. Let's just say that box turtles are not a good first pet for someone like my sister, though I love her. I jokingly mentioned to my mom about how taking him would stop me from getting a mouse and I was enthusiastically met with "Take the turtle!" by all of my family members. So here I am with a turtle and not a mouse.
That’s exactly the case with OkState! I’ve been slowing working on @Emily Faith joining the masses and not be as much of a lurker.

I think she needs to play WW, but that’s just me.
Sign me up for the Lurkers Anonymous group because I need help. :ninja: I occasionally try to read through a WW thread and, yeah, I have no idea what's happening.

Reactions: 6 users
Plot twist on the mouse thing. A male box turtle has been under my teenage sister's care for the last five years of its life and has not been doing well. Let's just say that box turtles are not a good first pet for someone like my sister, though I love her. I jokingly mentioned to my mom about how taking him would stop me from getting a mouse and I was enthusiastically met with "Take the turtle!" by all of my family members. So here I am with a turtle and not a mouse.

Sign me up for the Lurkers Anonymous group because I need help. :ninja: I occasionally try to read through a WW thread and, yeah, I have no idea what's happening.

Got it. Signed you up for Lurkers Anonymous (AKA Spectator Chat) :)

Reactions: 4 users
These 8 am-5:30 pm days on Thursdays and sometimes Wednesdays are going to be the death of me :hungover::boom:

Reactions: 1 user

Oh wow! Awesome that you have a turtle now! I’ll have to come over one day and play with it!

I’ll take you under my underdeveloped wing and teach you the soul sucking void that is WW

You know what solves those long day problems?

You don't go to class ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
They are trying to kill us first week back! The brain, the ear, and the eye all crammed into 3, 45 minute lectures, but then we have a 2 hour lecture just on sheep raising!

Why do we get more lecture time on the sheep industry than the brain?? Who is making these decisions? :bang:

They are trying to kill us first week back! The brain, the ear, and the eye all crammed into 3, 45 minute lectures, but then we have a 2 hour lecture just on sheep raising!

Why do we get more lecture time on the sheep industry than the brain?? Who is making these decisions? :bang:

That's the UK for you! :laugh:

Got it. Signed you up for Lurkers Anonymous (AKA Spectator Chat) :)
YES. I’m official!

Oh wow! Awesome that you have a turtle now! I’ll have to come over one day and play with it!

I’ll take you under my underdeveloped wing and teach you the soul sucking void that is WW
Ooh, you should! The poor thing could use some extra socialization. He’s a bit lazy at the moment, but once I get his tanked warmed up more I’m hoping he’ll be a little more active.
And I can use all the help I can get. :laugh:

My arguably 2 best friends failed out of the program (we had a bad semester, 11 students failed out, 5 dropped out). We start today, and I’m still in denial that I’m going to see both of them tomorrow and it’s all been a big misunderstanding. :cryi:

My arguably 2 best friends failed out of the program (we had a bad semester, 11 students failed out, 5 dropped out). We start today, and I’m still in denial that I’m going to see both of them tomorrow and it’s all been a big misunderstanding. :cryi:

That's rough. I'm sorry to your friends. :-( It's also rough losing that support system. Are they able to come back with the next year?

Wow. What school are you at??

I'm really sorry to hear that @cdoconn. I hope they are able to come back next year if they want to. Is that amount of students whom fail/drop typical for OSU? I can't even imagine losing my 2 vetschool bffs :(

I'm really sorry to hear that @cdoconn. I hope they are able to come back next year if they want to. Is that amount of students whom fail/drop typical for OSU? I can't even imagine losing my 2 vetschool bffs :(
It’s a lot higher than usual. C/o 2020 had 0 fails first semester, we had 11. They have to reapply to vet school/ would be c/o 2023.
Wow. What school are you at??
I’m at OKState
That's rough. I'm sorry to your friends. :-( It's also rough losing that support system. Are they able to come back with the next year?
yeah it’s really rough. :(

I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating. In a class as small as OkSU's, 16 attritions in one semester is crazy and I would hope that the school is looking into that. I get that this professor and course are notorious, but still.

I'm so, so sorry about your friends. That sucks so much.

Isn't it basically 105 or so? More or less the same as UMN where I went to school? I mean... geez... 15% attrition in one semester? That's huge. :(

Reactions: 5 users
Isn't it basically 105 or so? More or less the same as UMN where I went to school? I mean... geez... 15% attrition in one semester? That's huge. :(
It was 106 to begin with and now it’s 90. We expanded the class this year, and now we’re essentially back to the original size of 88.

It was 106 to begin with and now it’s 90. We expanded the class this year, and now we’re essentially back to the original size of 88.

That's ridiculous.

It actually was 82 for many years, including mine. Also, I am pretty sure there were some other classes taking people out as well, so while the hate for that prof has its place, it certainly isn't the entire picture. OK has had an attrition problem for years also because the applicant pool is not always as strong as other schools. It is why academics are a large part of acceptance consideration, however OK's population is only so big for IS applicants each year.

It actually was 82 for many years, including mine. Also, I am pretty sure there were some other classes taking people out as well, so while the hate for that prof has its place, it certainly isn't the entire picture. OK has had an attrition problem for years also because the applicant pool is not always as strong as other schools. It is why academics are a large part of acceptance consideration, however OK's population is only so big for IS applicants each year.

Understandably, and even without the one prof doesn't change the fact that vet school is tough. Didn't mean it as hate! It just seems like the one has been a long time recurrent issue that has to have been difficult to contend with.

Understandably, and even without the one prof doesn't change the fact that vet school is tough. Didn't mean it as hate! It just seems like the one has been a long time recurrent issue that has to have been difficult to contend with.
I think it is additive certainly to how difficult year 1, especially semester 1, is here. Having three classes that are difficult for most people all at the same time has dire consequences. It was certainly my lowest GPA semester.

I think it is additive certainly to how difficult year 1, especially semester 1, is here. Having three classes that are difficult for most people all at the same time has dire consequences. It was certainly my lowest GPA semester.
For sure, I know my first semester of professional school was a swift quick in the teeth.

Yeaaaah definitely need to bring up my GPA if I want to do a residency. Trying to not think of that. :(:cryi:

Yeaaaah definitely need to bring up my GPA if I want to do a residency. Trying to not think of that. :(:cryi:
You can do it for sure. Second semester is fun with the addition of parasitology. Or at least, I really liked that class. Immuno and path are also good fun.

What are the three difficult classes that OK has first semester? Just curious, since IL does stuff so differently.

Renal and respiratory phys, but the renal is the one that everyone likes to talk about. lol

Renal phys used to be our killer subject too. I totally understand.