Columbia Interview was eerily relaxed - interviewer didn't ask anything

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big Bad Wolf

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has had this with Columbia or with any other school, but my interview with P&S felt really weird. It felt more like an orientation than an interview - my interviewer didn't even ask me any questions. No "why doctor?", "tell me about yourself", "what are problems facing doctors now?" or even a "why columbia?" I spent five minutes talking about some of the things I do for fun (like dancing). I tried to bring up some topics but the interviewer dominated the entire conversation and basically gave a speech about the school.

I prepared so much for this interview and they didn't ask me anything. I love the school and I wanna go, so I'm really nervous about not getting the chance to show them who I am. Did anyone else have an interviewer who just talked without asking questions?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if anyone else has had this with Columbia or with any other school, but my interview with P&S felt really weird. It felt more like an orientation than an interview - my interviewer didn't even ask me any questions. No "why doctor?", "tell me about yourself", "what are problems facing doctors now?" or even a "why columbia?" I spent five minutes talking about some of the things I do for fun (like dancing). I tried to bring up some topics but the interviewer dominated the entire conversation and basically gave a speech about the school.

I prepared so much for this interview and they didn't ask me anything. I love the school and I wanna go, so I'm really nervous about not getting the chance to show them who I am. Did anyone else have an interviewer who just talked without asking questions?

I personally didn't interview nor apply to Columbia but when I interviewed at Case Western, I had a similar experience in which we didn't talk about me at all, or hardly medicine for that matter even when I tried bring it up. Some students told me this is likely because the person was confident in your application and didn't have any worries. I got into Case. I don't think it's a bad sign--definitely an odd feeling during the interview, though.

Reactions: 1 user
thats basically how my cornell interview went. looks like we'll see come march what it means lol