Columbia vs. Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eeeeee

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
JHU blew me away, but I've always loved NYC. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

mm... JHU is just too good to pass up, in my opinion. I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but I've never heard extremely good things about clinical training in NYC. It seems there are too many good schools fighting for the best training grounds. You will never have that problem with JHU.

How was Baltimore? Could you live there?

hopkins! live in nyc when you're a doctor and can afford it :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Go where the money is. The difference between the two is negligible unless there's something really specific at one school or the other that is especially vital to your research/field, etc.

cost would be similar (i'd get a car if i moved to baltimore). i'm not interested in one field in particular, though i'm less researchy and more into clinical stuff. most of my friends are in NYC, and my boyfriend will be there for at least a year.

Last edited:
cost would be similar (i'd get a car if i moved to baltimore). i'm not interested in one field in particular, though i'm less researchy and more into clinical stuff. most of my friends are in NYC, and my boyfriend will be there for at least a year.

nyc > bmore. but the cost of living in nyc is much higher. i think the tuition at jhu is sub 40 as well, im guessing columbia is around 45?

other than that id say use the 2nd look weekend. 4 yrs in nyc would be awesome imo. i have a very hard time believing the clinical training at columbia is anything less then excellent. but i dont know!

Im in the same position, trying to choose between JHU, Columbia, UPenn or UChic

This is tough.

I would probably go with Hopkins, unless Columbia ended up a bit cheaper. NY is very expensive and you'd probably get more for your money in Bmore.

Definitely check out second looks. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.