Cornell C/O 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know how much the OOS waitlist moved last year?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the donors who read the Student Statement of Personal Interest, the essay to be eligible for scholarships, also see our VMCAS essays and applications?

I think this may have been asked before but is Cornell planning on allowing tours of campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
The newsletter sent out today said that accepted students were welcome to send transcripts if needed, does anyone know where to send them? or just the general email address is ok?

Did anyone get a physical letter of their acceptance offer or just the virtual? When I got the phone call from Cornell the person mentioned I'd get mail from them but I never did and I'm not sure if anyone else has!

Did anyone get a physical letter of their acceptance offer or just the virtual? When I got the phone call from Cornell the person mentioned I'd get mail from them but I never did and I'm not sure if anyone else has!
Hi!
I never got a physical letter!

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a way to find out an approximate spot you are on the waitlist? Is it frowned upon to email and ask?

Any current students here know if Cornell has specific computer requirements for incoming students

Did everyone receive an email about the Dean’s leaders program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone sign up for the in-person tours? I didn't receive a confirmation email.

are we supposed to get our financial aid package this week if we submitted all the information on time?

Is there a group chat just for the incoming class ? I feel like the Class of 2026 Facebook page has so many upperclassmen students that it's hard to find potential roommates that are specifically in our class.

Do alternates get those also or just accepted students?

Do alternates get those also or just accepted students?
I think I read somewhere that they asked alternates to send all of their info and necessary materials by February 15 so that if you get pulled from the list they can make one for you but I'm not sure.

Two questions:
Does anyone know where I could find info on a typical schedule for the week? Just curious how many hours classes are each day etc.?
Also, what is a normal studio/1BR cost in the Ithaca area? Thanks!

Two questions:
Does anyone know where I could find info on a typical schedule for the week? Just curious how many hours classes are each day etc.?
Also, what is a normal studio/1BR cost in the Ithaca area? Thanks!
I'd also be curious to know this! I might ask on the APVMA Facebook page since I think that has more current students on it than this forum

If anyone hasn't yet joined the class of 2026 Facebook page please do!

Cornell Vet Class of 2026

Also I'm a member of the CUCVM class of 2025, happy to answer any questions for prospective students!

If anyone hasn't yet joined the class of 2026 Facebook page please do!

Cornell Vet Class of 2026

Also I'm a member of the CUCVM class of 2025, happy to answer any questions for prospective students!
Hi! Would you be able to share screenshots of your calendar schedule of classes for your first fall and spring semesters? I’m just trying to get an idea of what the typical start and end times are.

Hi! Would you be able to share screenshots of your calendar schedule of classes for your first fall and spring semesters? I’m just trying to get an idea of what the typical start and end times are.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1647921664918.jpg
    FB_IMG_1647921664918.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 140
Here is the schedule breakdown for your class.

In terms of day to day schedule, it varies greatly week by week. Expect to start most days around 8 or 9. Most class days end by 12 or 1, but you will have additional physical exam labs after those fairly often.

Here is the schedule breakdown for your class.

In terms of day to day schedule, it varies greatly week by week. Expect to start most days around 8 or 9. Most class days end by 12 or 1, but you will have additional physical exam labs after those fairly often.
Is there a lunch break? Do you have an example week you could share?

do y'all think its ok to wear jeans on the campus tour? not sure if it's okay to wear casual or if I should go business casual

do y'all think its ok to wear jeans on the campus tour? not sure if it's okay to wear casual or if I should go business casual
I wore black jeans and a nice plain sweatshirt with a button down just in case. Others were wearing hoodies and jeans.

Anyone want to post a block 1 weekly schedule?
I know it changes every week every block etc etc but no one has given me a clear cut answer. Literally just hoping to see a one week example. Thanks!

Are there any current students that know if Cornell has opportunities to do international research over the summer? I know they probably haven't been able to do anything for the last couple of years due to covid, but if there are any international opportunities Cornell offers I'd love to hear about them, thanks!

Does anyone know if cornell is allowing final prerequisites for accepted students to be online? I am taking my last prerequisite online through a four year university and it is for a letter grade, it's just online - I emailed them but haven't heard back yet

Are there any current students that know if Cornell has opportunities to do international research over the summer? I know they probably haven't been able to do anything for the last couple of years due to covid, but if there are any international opportunities Cornell offers I'd love to hear about them, thanks!
I can't speak to research opportunities specifically, but there are several international opportunities. For example, on breaks we have FarVets, where students and faculty travel to various countries to provide sterilization clinics, which all years are able to participate in.
Also SAVMA; which is the student AVMA, your student government, and much more, has international opportunities for externship and conferences. There are also many ways to receive funding through SAVMA. I beleive this includes research opportunities as well. We will give a presentation on SAVMA at orientation.

I can't speak to research opportunities specifically, but there are several international opportunities. For example, on breaks we have FarVets, where students and faculty travel to various countries to provide sterilization clinics, which all years are able to participate in.
Also SAVMA; which is the student AVMA, your student government, and much more, has international opportunities for externship and conferences. There are also many ways to receive funding through SAVMA. I beleive this includes research opportunities as well. We will give a presentation on SAVMA at orientation.
Hey speaking of SAVMA, I completely missed the Instagram post with all the new Merch. Says can't be ordered online, but I NEED some apparel.

How can I get? 😳

Hey speaking of SAVMA, I completely missed the Instagram post with all the new Merch. Says can't be ordered online, but I NEED some apparel.

How can I get? 😳
Most of the CVM apparel is sold in person at the school, there will be lots of opportunities to buy when you're here!

sorry if this was asked earlier but does anyone have any leads on housing? I'm in the cornell c/o 2026 Facebook group but didn't see anything that might work for me (looking for private bathroom/parking/cat friendly). I'm not familiar with the area at all so I'm not even sure where in Ithaca to start looking😅

Do you guys have a listserv yet? Once a certain % of the class has accepted you get added to the class list serv. Most people find housing from the ads that get posted to the listserv around this time each year, but of course there are the regular apartment complexes around town too. There are a ton of houses that stay in the vet school community that are pet friendly and that often works well but feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions.

So I'm waitlisted and I just got an email that said they needed me to fill out financial aid information to be able to review my application eligibility. Is that because they want to pull me off the waitlist or they just want the general information? it said "we are currently missing the following items from your tracking page eligibility review" with a link to financial aid

So I'm waitlisted and I just got an email that said they needed me to fill out financial aid information to be able to review my application eligibility. Is that because they want to pull me off the waitlist or they just want the general information? it said "we are currently missing the following items from your tracking page eligibility review" with a link to financial aid
Not sure but I got the same email