-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CSU c/o 2024
Started by Sunshine in a Storm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
pizzaandpuppies
Full Member
OOS interview invite!!
also, I live in Foco 2 seconds away from campus, feel free to reach out if y'all need help getting around town/campus!!
also, I live in Foco 2 seconds away from campus, feel free to reach out if y'all need help getting around town/campus!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holy crap I got an OOS interview. I am shocked!
I am sad to hear that considering it was your third time! I’m on my third round as well for 1 school, this was my 2nd for CSU.WICHE-OOS Denied. Good luck everyone!
SBS From NJ
Full Member
It’s such a crap shoot with no rhyme or reason. Wish someone could figure the process out. Got rejected at CSU yet received OOS invites from Texas A&M, Ohio State, Tennessee, LMU, Cal-Davis, SGU and PENN. Go figure.
SBS From NJ
Full Member
Good luck everyone!!
It does seem really random sometimes for schools. I was denied by Davis (without an interview) but accepted/interviewed at the other 5 schools I applied to. I think they're all just looking for specific things and weigh things differently.It’s such a crap shoot with no rhyme or reason. Wish someone could figure the process out. Got rejected at CSU yet received OOS invites from Texas A&M, Ohio State, Tennessee, LMU, Cal-Davis, SGU and PENN. Go figure.

gianna1018
Full Member
It’s such a crap shoot with no rhyme or reason. Wish someone could figure the process out. Got rejected at CSU yet received OOS invites from Texas A&M, Ohio State, Tennessee, LMU, Cal-Davis, SGU and PENN. Go figure.
Hey at least you have options [emoji23] every single U.S. school I’ve applied to has rejected me thus far (with the exception of being wait listed at Midwestern and the other 6 I haven’t heard from yet) and I’m waiting on final decisions from SGU and Ross. I was accepted to SMU but they’re not accredited. Congratulations on all of your interviews that’s so amazing and a great accomplishment! The odds seem to be in your favor [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
SBS From NJ
Full Member
I agree and I am thankful. My natural instinct is to know why that’s all since it all seems so random.Hey at least you have options [emoji23] every single U.S. school I’ve applied to has rejected me thus far (with the exception of being wait listed at Midwestern and the other 6 I haven’t heard from yet) and I’m waiting on final decisions from SGU and Ross. I was accepted to SMU but they’re not accredited. Congratulations on all of your interviews that’s so amazing and a great accomplishment! The odds seem to be in your favor [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
OOS rejected! Good Luck everyone!!
gianna1018
Full Member
I agree and I am thankful. My natural instinct is to know why that’s all since it all seems so random.
Honestly applying to vet school is like the hunger games at this point lol I wish I could be a fly on the wall just to KNOW what they say about me to decide why or why not I’m being considered further. Maybe it’s because I’m a control freak, but I hate this whole process of letting people that are getting to know me on a piece of paper decide my future. And in some cases, they don’t even get to meet me so I feel like it’s hard to accept their decision when they don’t even really know who I am besides applicant #48582929710 [emoji854]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My longterm boyfriend and I are taking the trip together a few days before the interview as we have always wanted to visit Colorado. Any tips of locations and maybe cabins to rent with a beautiful mountain view are welcome!
I have a room at the Hilton near campus with two double beds for Saturday night. I'll be flying in from DC late Saturday. Girls, if you want to share and split the cost I think it will be $70-80 per person with fees. Let me know (can you do private messages on this thing?).
I would be interested in sharing with you! I interview on Sunday as well. I tried to private message you, but not sure you have the option available in your settings? Feel free to pm me though
Where is everyone flying into? Debating Denver vs Cheyenne and whether or not I should rent a car or try to take a bus from the airport. Also somewhat concerned about weather delays this time of year.
RMNP isn't too far away-there's tons of snow right now so snowshoeing would be a blast. If you like skiing you're only a few hours away from great ski areas. You can drive on up to WY or down to Denver. People going to school there would have better ideas of local hotspots. I only know the major things because I lived in CO until moving for vet school.My longterm boyfriend and I are taking the trip together a few days before the interview as we have always wanted to visit Colorado. Any tips of locations and maybe cabins to rent with a beautiful mountain view are welcome!
I know for sure there is a bus that does go to Ft. Collins from DIA. Cheyenne is a little closer, but you will probably find better deals on flights through DIA and in the event of weather issues have an easier time finding another flight there. Unfortunately, CO has been getting dumped on this year and DIA is actually the most affected airport because of it's location to the mountains, but they do their best to keep that airport open because it is international and fairly large hub. I25 the major interstate in the event of a dumping of snow is more likely to get shut down going to WY than to Denver because it's less populated inbetween Ft. Collins and WY than from Denver to Ft Collins. I know that's not super helpful, but things to considerWhere is everyone flying into? Debating Denver vs Cheyenne and whether or not I should rent a car or try to take a bus from the airport. Also somewhat concerned about weather delays this time of year.
Hi folks! I'm glad to see the support for ALL applicants on this page 😍 It sounds like the Class of 2024, wherever we end up, is going to be a friendly and uplifting group! For what it is worth, this was my seventh application to CSU- this school is just a hard nut to crack. I would be more than happy to chat with anyone about getting declined, changing my application, or about life in general. Know you've got a friend in me 😊
SBS From NJ
Full Member
Couldn’t agree more!! But I guess that’s life.Honestly applying to vet school is like the hunger games at this point lol I wish I could be a fly on the wall just to KNOW what they say about me to decide why or why not I’m being considered further. Maybe it’s because I’m a control freak, but I hate this whole process of letting people that are getting to know me on a piece of paper decide my future. And in some cases, they don’t even get to meet me so I feel like it’s hard to accept their decision when they don’t even really know who I am besides applicant #48582929710![]()
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
That actually sounds great! I could use some perspective, information, and a little support from someone who has gone through what I am going through. This is my 4th cycle and 4th time not getting an interview at CSU. Message me (bc I don’t know how to do it)Hi folks! I'm glad to see the support for ALL applicants on this page 😍 It sounds like the Class of 2024, wherever we end up, is going to be a friendly and uplifting group! For what it is worth, this was my seventh application to CSU- this school is just a hard nut to crack. I would be more than happy to chat with anyone about getting declined, changing my application, or about life in general. Know you've got a friend in me 😊
TiffHo1234
New Member
Hi Guys.
I am a second time applicant to just CSU and was rejected again. Just found this forum, I see lots of acronyms - 'OOS' and 'IS'. What are they definitions?
I am 30 yrs old female living in a rural town in the mountains of Colorado. Found veterinary medicine after a 3 year international business career, that I hated. I have only applied to CSU due to the cost of out-of-state tuition and my family does not want to leave Colorado. So I am very out of the loop of all the ins and outs of the vet school application. I am glad I found this fourm.
I am a second time applicant to just CSU and was rejected again. Just found this forum, I see lots of acronyms - 'OOS' and 'IS'. What are they definitions?
I am 30 yrs old female living in a rural town in the mountains of Colorado. Found veterinary medicine after a 3 year international business career, that I hated. I have only applied to CSU due to the cost of out-of-state tuition and my family does not want to leave Colorado. So I am very out of the loop of all the ins and outs of the vet school application. I am glad I found this fourm.
TiffHo1234
New Member
Hey is this your fist time applying for this program? Did you have any business experience? Also, did you feel applying to the combined programs helps with the application process? (sorry for my many questions, just trying to figure out how to approach next application cycle)OOS interview for the MBA/DVM program! Beyond excited!!!
IS - in stateHi Guys.
I am a second time applicant to just CSU and was rejected again. Just found this forum, I see lots of acronyms - 'OOS' and 'IS'. What are they definitions?
I am 30 yrs old female living in a rural town in the mountains of Colorado. Found veterinary medicine after a 3 year international business career, that I hated. I have only applied to CSU due to the cost of out-of-state tuition and my family does not want to leave Colorado. So I am very out of the loop of all the ins and outs of the vet school application. I am glad I found this fourm.
OOS - out of state
Fly inter Denver. Don’t do Cheyenne because it will not be cheaper because the Cheyenne airport is only a regional airport.Where is everyone flying into? Debating Denver vs Cheyenne and whether or not I should rent a car or try to take a bus from the airport. Also somewhat concerned about weather delays this time of year.
DIA is an hour away and the Cheyenne airport is about the same time. As Mixed said, if there is weather issues they will close I25 from Fort Collins to Cheyenne way before they would close I25 from Denver to Fort Collins. DIA will always be cheaper than the regional Cheyenne airport too.
Congrats to everyone that was offered an interview! As I said before, I’m one of the DVM ambassadors and I’m more than willing to meet any of you during the interview days since I’ll be working both days 🙂
Let me know if any of you have any other questions!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fly inter Denver. Don’t do Cheyenne because it will not be cheaper because the Cheyenne airport is only a regional airport.
DIA is an hour away and the Cheyenne airport is about the same time. As Mixed said, if there is weather issues they will close I25 from Fort Collins to Cheyenne way before they would close I25 from Denver to Fort Collins. DIA will always be cheaper than the regional Cheyenne airport too.
Congrats to everyone that was offered an interview! As I said before, I’m one of the DVM ambassadors and I’m more than willing to meet any of you during the interview days since I’ll be working both days 🙂
Let me know if any of you have any other questions!!
Thanks @danseth and @MixedAnimals77 for the advice! Booked my flights into Denver. Flying overnight Friday night, driving up Saturday morning and interviewing on Sunday. It's gonna be a whirlwind of a weekend, but I'm so incredibly excited just to have the opportunity to be there and to see the school. Would love to meet up if you're around!
I’ll be around working the interviews! They give us various jobs but I will likely be around during the lunch hour 🙂Thanks @danseth and @MixedAnimals77 for the advice! Booked my flights into Denver. Flying overnight Friday night, driving up Saturday morning and interviewing on Sunday. It's gonna be a whirlwind of a weekend, but I'm so incredibly excited just to have the opportunity to be there and to see the school. Would love to meet up if you're around!
Feel free to PM me and we can arrange something for when you’re on campus for everything!
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
I'm OOS DVM-MPH, and I think I'm going to decline my interview invitation. I have my in-state interview on the 18th and already have an acceptance to another school that I would love to attend. The huge hassle of trying to get from Blacksburg to Fort Collins by 7 am Sunday made me step back and ask if this is what I really want, and the truth is that I would probably not choose to attend. Part of me wants to go through with the interview because it's a top ranked school and it's what I "should" want, but I need to be at the right place for me.
I’m basically in the exact same position.I'm OOS DVM-MPH, and I think I'm going to decline my interview invitation... Part of me wants to go through with the interview because it's a top ranked school and it's what I "should" want, but I need to be at the right place for me.
There’s a lot of pressure to make it work - I’m hugely honored to be considered for an OOS interview at such a competitive and highly ranked school, and I really appreciate how many people would absolutely love to be in my position. I also really don’t want to be known as someone who rejected such an amazing program.
However, I am accepted to a school, that while not my absolute top choice is still ~$60,000 cheaper with an excellent program. For interviews, it’s kind of the opposite timeline but same issue - I interview in Blacksburg that Sunday so trying to navigate from Maryland to Fort Collins to Blacksburg is really difficult. There’s possibly one flight that would work but because we don’t get assigned our times until January I do not know if it would work for my interview slot.
There’s also the risk that if something happens and I’m stuck in Fort Collins because of snow or delay or anything there’s no other flights. That’s it. So I would have the risk of missing my in-state interview. This decision has been on my mind all weekend but I think I need to make the financially smarter choice and decline. I couldn’t believe it when I got that interview invite, and I’m still stunned and excited, but I don’t think it’s in my future.
I’m basically in the exact same position.
There’s a lot of pressure to make it work - I’m hugely honored to be considered for an OOS interview at such a competitive and highly ranked school, and I really appreciate how many people would absolutely love to be in my position. I also really don’t want to be known as someone who rejected such an amazing program.
However, I am accepted to a school, that while not my absolute top choice is still ~$60,000 cheaper with an excellent program. For interviews, it’s kind of the opposite timeline but same issue - I interview in Blacksburg that Sunday so trying to navigate from Maryland to Fort Collins to Blacksburg is really difficult. There’s possibly one flight that would work but because we don’t get assigned our times until January I do not know if it would work for my interview slot.
There’s also the risk that if something happens and I’m stuck in Fort Collins because of snow or delay or anything there’s no other flights. That’s it. So I would have the risk of missing my in-state interview. This decision has been on my mind all weekend but I think I need to make the financially smarter choice and decline. I couldn’t believe it when I got that interview invite, and I’m still stunned and excited, but I don’t think it’s in my future.
I just wanted to share with you both not to feel bad about declining those interviews. If you've already been accepted somewhere seriously dont sweat it-especially if its cheaper. Also rankings dont matter. If you look at how the world news report does rankings it's kinda a popularity contest in a sense. The point is you will be a DVM at the end of the day and be as good as the effort you put in no matter where you go. I always recommend going to your cheapest option unless you have a good reason not to. (Ie parent dying with cancer so you want to stay close to them). I was a CO resident and declined my acceptance because it was cheaper for me to go to OSS between tuition and COL I'm saving over 30k total not including interest. If you look at the tuition map on vin CSU is falling far behind even for IS students as the cheapest option anymore. That's not to say CSU is a bad school youd get a fine education there just like anywhere else accredited. Just trying to offfer some encouragement. Vet school is what you make of it so dont feel bad because it really is just another vet school like all the rest.I'm OOS DVM-MPH, and I think I'm going to decline my interview invitation. I have my in-state interview on the 18th and already have an acceptance to another school that I would love to attend. The huge hassle of trying to get from Blacksburg to Fort Collins by 7 am Sunday made me step back and ask if this is what I really want, and the truth is that I would probably not choose to attend. Part of me wants to go through with the interview because it's a top ranked school and it's what I "should" want, but I need to be at the right place for me.
Last edited:
Karensings2cats
VMCVM DVM-MPH c/o 2024
I’m basically in the exact same position.
There’s a lot of pressure to make it work - I’m hugely honored to be considered for an OOS interview at such a competitive and highly ranked school, and I really appreciate how many people would absolutely love to be in my position. I also really don’t want to be known as someone who rejected such an amazing program.
However, I am accepted to a school, that while not my absolute top choice is still ~$60,000 cheaper with an excellent program. For interviews, it’s kind of the opposite timeline but same issue - I interview in Blacksburg that Sunday so trying to navigate from Maryland to Fort Collins to Blacksburg is really difficult. There’s possibly one flight that would work but because we don’t get assigned our times until January I do not know if it would work for my interview slot.
There’s also the risk that if something happens and I’m stuck in Fort Collins because of snow or delay or anything there’s no other flights. That’s it. So I would have the risk of missing my in-state interview. This decision has been on my mind all weekend but I think I need to make the financially smarter choice and decline. I couldn’t believe it when I got that interview invite, and I’m still stunned and excited, but I don’t think it’s in my future.
Thank you both for the reassurance. Mom and boyfriend are both supporting my wanting to decline but it truly helps to hear it from people who have struggled with the same choice.I just wanted to share with you both not to feel bad about declining those interviews. If you've already been accepted somewhere seriously dont swear it-especially if its cheaper. Also rankings dont matter. If you look at how the world news report does rankings it's kinda a popularity contest in a sense. The point is you will be a DVM at the end of the day and be as good as the effort you put in no matter where you go. I always recommend going to your cheapest option unless you have a good reason not to. (Ie parent dying with cancer so you want to stay close to them). I was a CO resident and declined my acceptance because it was cheaper for me to go to OSS between tuition and COL I'm saving over 30k total not including interest. If you look at the tuition map on vin CSU is falling far behind even for IS students as the cheapest option anymore. That's not to say CSU is a bad school youd get a fune education there just like anywhere else accredited. Just trying to offfer some encouragement. Vet school is what you make of it so dont feel bad because it really is just another vet school like all the rest.
First time applicant, OOS Rejected. Does anyone know if they do individualized file reviews? Where they can tell you where you were lacking on your application and what they might recommend for you? Still waiting to hear from 2 schools but I’d love to know how to improve my application if I need to reapply.
TiffHo1234
New Member
I just wanted to share with you both not to feel bad about declining those interviews. If you've already been accepted somewhere seriously dont sweat it-especially if its cheaper. Also rankings dont matter. If you look at how the world news report does rankings it's kinda a popularity contest in a sense. The point is you will be a DVM at the end of the day and be as good as the effort you put in no matter where you go. I always recommend going to your cheapest option unless you have a good reason not to. (Ie parent dying with cancer so you want to stay close to them). I was a CO resident and declined my acceptance because it was cheaper for me to go to OSS between tuition and COL I'm saving over 30k total not including interest. If you look at the tuition map on vin CSU is falling far behind even for IS students as the cheapest option anymore. That's not to say CSU is a bad school youd get a fine education there just like anywhere else accredited. Just trying to offfer some encouragement. Vet school is what you make of it so dont feel bad because it really is just another vet school like all the rest.
In regards to tuition cost of Colorado residents, what does 'COL' stand for? Where do you find the tuition map? I am a Colorado resident, I have only been applying to CSU because I thought CSU would be the cheapest for me (also my partner is not interested in leaving CO). Where did you end up going to for the lower tuition cost?
In regards to tuition cost of Colorado residents, what does 'COL' stand for? Where do you find the tuition map? I am a Colorado resident, I have only been applying to CSU because I thought CSU would be the cheapest for me (also my partner is not interested in leaving CO). Where did you end up going to for the lower tuition cost?
Financial Planner SDC Access
Holds anchor text and html link that is displayed in the one-line banner at the top of the SDC page. </p><p></p><p>
Hey is this your fist time applying for this program? Did you have any business experience? Also, did you feel applying to the combined programs helps with the application process? (sorry for my many questions, just trying to figure out how to approach next application cycle)
Yep this is my first time applying to CSU. I’m a non traditional applicant, so I have around 6 years of actual work experience in the corporate world of business.
I’m not sure what you mean by “help” with the application process. I had to answer 3 more essay questions which were pretty in depth. I spoke with Dr. Delcambre from CSU as well to make sure it made sense for me to apply. That may be your best bet, reach out to CSU admissions directly to seek their guidance.
Hope this helps.
breezifer27
New Member
Is anyone going back to the Denver airport Sunday evening? I have a flight at 10:05 but the last shuttle is at 5:25 and it says we have to be at the vet school until 6. I just don’t know how else to get to the airport for my flight at a later time.
Does anyone else find it a little rude and not very welcoming the way they worded everything for interviews? Like the only way that they make exceptions to us interviewing is if the campus shuts down. AKA if the Denver airport shuts down or my flight gets delayed or canceled that is not a valid excuse for missing the interview and we are no longer considered for admission?! Also they don’t have “room” for even one family member to go on tours with us?! Not very welcoming of CSU, just saying!
SBS From NJ
Full Member
I agree completely. I’m grateful for the offer to interview, but they should be cognizant that we are flying into Denver in January, when storms routinely shut down airlines and delay flights all across the country. Considering everyone is investing over 200k OOS to attend, tours should be available to family especially considering they may be contributing to your education. Guess since getting accepted is so hard, the institutions make the rules and we as applicants need to go along. Just pray the weather is good and no one gets delayed in our out!!!Does anyone else find it a little rude and not very welcoming the way they worded everything for interviews? Like the only way that they make exceptions to us interviewing is if the campus shuts down. AKA if the Denver airport shuts down or my flight gets delayed or canceled that is not a valid excuse for missing the interview and we are no longer considered for admission?! Also they don’t have “room” for even one family member to go on tours with us?! Not very welcoming of CSU, just saying!
Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Does anyone know if we are given pen and paper for the MMIs? I know some schools allow it and others do not.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there! I’m a non-traditional student and this is my fourth cycle. I was denied an interview with WSU and denied at CSU as well. I am waiting to hear from Ross on their decision post-interview. WSU offers file reviews outright, so I plan to schedule that. I want to know if anyone in the last 2-3 cycles (including this one) have ever been successful in getting a file review with CSU. I plan to make an appointment with Dr. Delcambre to discuss improvement for the next cycle and I want to make an appointment with the dean (Dr. Stetter) to see if it’s possible to obtain a file review. With it being my 4th cycle and I’m an ISS, I’m hoping that there is some way to make an exception or petition to gain a review. Has anyone heard of a file review at CSU recently?!
Thanks!
Congratulations to all those that received interviews and offers! Wishing y’all the best of luck
Thanks!
Congratulations to all those that received interviews and offers! Wishing y’all the best of luck
Last edited:
Hey there! I’m a non-traditional student and this is my fourth cycle. I was denied an interview with WSU and denied at CSU as well. I am waiting to hear from Ross on their decision post-interview. WSU offers file reviews outright, so I plan to schedule that. I want to know if anyone in the last 2-3 cycles (including this one) have ever been successful in getting a file review with CSU. I plan to make an appointment with Dr. Delcambre to discuss improvement for the next cycle and I want to make an appointment with the dean (Dr. Stetter) to see if it’s possible to obtain a file review. With it being my 4th cycle and I’m an ISS, I’m hoping that there is some way to make an exception or petition to gain a review. Has anyone heard of a file review at CSU recently?!
Thanks!
Congratulations to all those that received interviews and offers! Wishing y’all the best of luck
I didn't apply to CSU, but I listened to this episode on Podcast a Vet last year. Dr. Delcambre gives some application tips. Her advice is very broad imho, but I hope this helps you!
Thanks for that! I have exhausted EVERY resource on their website and beyond. So glad for SDN to find random and helpful things like this! Much appreciated.I didn't apply to CSU, but I listened to this episode on Podcast a Vet last year. Dr. Delcambre gives some application tips. Her advice is very broad imho, but I hope this helps you!
