This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rlewis18

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey SDN,

I'm writing because I received a call from someone in the admissions office at NOORDA on 2/25/2022 and the person I spoke to was a male, had a monotone voice and informed me that they received my application and that it would be moved onto the admissions committee for review. They said I would hear back within 4-6 weeks on whether or not I am offered an interview. I thought this was odd because I've never had any other school call me, just email to confirm they got my application but I just thanked them for calling and went on my way. I wish I could remember their name but I can't.

Fast forward to today... I got an email saying, "We regret to inform you that your application will not advance through the admissions process for this cycle, as the February 1 primary application deadline has passed. Unfortunately, the Office of Admissions is not able to grant exemptions for this deadline." I submitted my application on Feb. 1st at 10:26pm and received an email from AACOMAS confirming my submission.

After reading this email, I called admissions and they told me if I didn't have my application verified by AACOMAS by 5pm on Feb 1st, then I missed the deadline. That's understandable. However, what I am confused about is why would someone call me to tell me my application is moving forward and then I get an email saying it's not.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Thanks!