DREXEL DPMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a II at 11:09 today!!!! completed by 1/22!

don't lose hope!!!!!
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, so my portal status changed from “your application is under review” to “thank you for submitting, please check back later to view more information about what is required to complete your application.” I feel like that’s a lowkey rejection.
The hope is there but it definitely ebbs and flows everyday. I wish everyone who has interviewed good luck and for those still in the waiting game, good luck as well.

• Love
Hey everyone, so my portal status changed from “your application is under review” to “thank you for submitting, please check back later to view more information about what is required to complete your application.” I feel like that’s a lowkey rejection.
The hope is there but it definitely ebbs and flows everyday. I wish everyone who has interviewed good luck and for those still in the waiting game, good luck as well.
Hi! I don’t think its a rejection, mine has been like this since the application was completed, which was early January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Mine says, "Thank you for your application. Your file is currently complete and under review. A decision has not yet been made on your application to Drexel University. If additional materials are required before an admission decision can be rendered, we will contact you." Is this what yours said before the one you have now? If so, it probably means you're going to hear about a II soon! They likely reviewed your information already.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who has had an interview, how many people also interviewed with you?
Really starting to lose hope :/
I interviewed today (5/6) and there were 11 other people. They mentioned they’ll continue interviewing through the end of May so don’t lose hope!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I interviewed today (5/6) and there were 11 other people. They mentioned they’ll continue interviewing through the end of May so don’t lose hope!
Any tips for the day?

Hi! Mine says, "Thank you for your application. Your file is currently complete and under review. A decision has not yet been made on your application to Drexel University. If additional materials are required before an admission decision can be rendered, we will contact you." Is this what yours said before the one you have now? If so, it probably means you're going to hear about a II soon! They likely reviewed your information already.
I was thinking the same thing! so dont lose hope!!

Congrats on your interview!!

Were there 11 other people in the interview with you? Like a group interview? Or were you 1 on 1, and they just said 11 people total for that day?

Any tips for the day?
Honestly just be yourself and stay confident. It was super chill in my opinion and the host (Vanessa) did a great job at keeping the atmosphere calm. The traditional interview was just the common questions and you have so many opportunities to ask your questions to faculty or students.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats on your interview!!

Were there 11 other people in the interview with you? Like a group interview? Or were you 1 on 1, and they just said 11 people total for that day?
Thank you!

There were 12 of us total but you don’t interview together. You are broken out from the group when it’s time for your 1:1.

Quick question, what do you do if there are no casper test dates available?

Yes, that’s what it said before and when I saw the new one, I was like “it’s over, they don’t like me”. As you can tell, I’m hella dramatic.

I really hope this is the case, but I’m going to keep calm, cool, and collected.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed today too! I hope we both get that acceptance soon💙

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi, everyone -

Congrats to those who've interviewed and have received an invitation!

I submitted my application SUPER late (4/28/2021) and just found this thread. Any advice on how I should gauge my expectations? URM, lots of extracurriculars/service, MCAT: 508, cGPA: 3.3, sGPA 2.9. Anyone else apply mega late?

Hi, everyone -

Congrats to those who've interviewed and have received an invitation!

I submitted my application SUPER late (4/28/2021) and just found this thread. Any advice on how I should gauge my expectations? URM, lots of extracurriculars/service, MCAT: 508, cGPA: 3.3, sGPA 2.9. Anyone else apply mega late?
The good thing for those who applied late is that there is no rolling admissions. So if you applied the first day, versus the last, it does not make a difference. Acceptance will come in June for anyone at the same time. Sound like you have good stats for the program. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, that’s what it said before and when I saw the new one, I was like “it’s over, they don’t like me”. As you can tell, I’m hella dramatic.

I really hope this is the case, but I’m going to keep calm, cool, and collected.
LOL tbh, I read your name and connected with you immediately.

But yes, keeping calm, cool, and collected during this process is key!
(easier said than done though, ugh)

LOL tbh, I read your name and connected with you immediately.

But yes, keeping calm, cool, and collected during this process is key!
(easier said than done though, ugh)
Thank you, I was really trying to pick a username that really told the essence of who I am.
I’m setting boundaries with my email. I have to tell myself that by 5 pm, I need to stop looking, but alas, it’s been a hard habit to break.

Thank you, I was really trying to pick a username that really told the essence of who I am.
I’m setting boundaries with my email. I have to tell myself that by 5 pm, I need to stop looking, but alas, it’s been a hard habit to break.
Definitely tough. I've been refreshing and checking my spam every few hours

Is there anyone that got an interview that did not take a casper yet?

gurl why is this so relatable LOL im super dramatic too if it makes you feel better

Is there anyone that got an interview that did not take a casper yet?
I believe the website states all material needs to be received by April 30th. Did you get a chance to take CASPER? I know it is a requirement.

at my interview I asked when they needed casper by as drexel only had may 4 and may 20 dates during may. vanessa told us casper must be taken by may 20! might be good to ask (for those interviewing) if there are no dates left. I took it may 4, nothing to stress about.

Reactions: 2 users
I believe the website states all material needs to be received by April 30th. Did you get a chance to take CASPER? I know it is a requirement.
No, because when I went through the application requirements on the website I did not see it listed and only saw it when I received an email today.

at my interview I asked when they needed casper by as drexel only had may 4 and may 20 dates during may. vanessa told us casper must be taken by may 20! might be good to ask (for those interviewing) if there are no dates left. I took it may 4, nothing to stress about.
Thank you, because I tried signing up today and I could not find any dates.

No, because when I went through the application requirements on the website I did not see it listed and only saw it when I received an email today.
What email did you receive today that stated it was a requirement? It wasn’t stated when I applied either.

What email did you receive today that stated it was a requirement? It wasn’t stated when I applied either.
I received an interview invitation and in the email it said that all interviewed applicants needed to complete a casper exam.

It never said anywhere in the requirements to take a Caspar exam... I didn’t take that

It never said anywhere in the requirements to take a Caspar exam... I didn’t take that
I didn't take one either. The only reason I bring it up is because it was mentioned in the invitation email that they wanted interview applicants to complete a casper exam.

Same actually. My application says that its fully completed and it also doesn't have it in the list of requirements, as everyone else is saying.

hmm...now that i search, i dont see it anymore. So it would definitely be a good idea to reach out. Maybe they changed things...

Ugh now another thing that is fueling my anxiety LOL so did I need to take this Caspar test before possibly receiving an interview? Or nah

If it helps, I was able to sign up for a CASPer exam today for 5/20. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that in their interview, they were told folks need to have taken the CASPer exam by the 20th of May.

Also-- Hello! new to the thread (and also filled with a bit of anxiety)

If it helps, I was able to sign up for a CASPer exam today for 5/20. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that in their interview, they were told folks need to have taken the CASPer exam by the 20th of May.

Also-- Hello! new to the thread (and also filled with a bit of anxiety)
I tried to sign up twice but no dates came up. When you clicked the admission cycle, did you choose 2020-2021 or 2021-2022?

There was nowhere on the application or the website that said we needed the CASPer exam as a requirement. Can someone please clarify this!! Is it just for those that get interview invites?

There was nowhere on the application or the website that said we needed the CASPer exam as a requirement. Can someone please clarify this!! Is it just for those that get interview invites?
When I received my interview invite it stated Casper had to be taken. When I interviewed the host told us it had to be taken May 20th. I already took it for this med school cycle so I just used the one I had from last year.

But if they are wanting the people who take the interviews to do it I’m assuming it’s something we need to do but I wish this was stated earlier. Hmmm

I tried to sign up twice but no dates came up. When you clicked the admission cycle, did you choose 2020-2021 or 2021-2022?
I had to go back and do 2021-2022. There was nothing for 2020-2021

But if they are wanting the people who take the interviews to do it I’m assuming it’s something we need to do but I wish this was stated earlier. Hmmm
Yeah, I do think that this is something that should have been stated ahead of time

I think they only mention CASPER if you're offered a II? But I agree - wish this were mentioned even before that because dates are filling up/already full.

I think they only mention CASPER if you're offered a II? But I agree - wish this were mentioned even before that because dates are filling up/already full.
looks like it. I also didn’t know I had to take it till I received an interview invite. it’s in the interview email. so it looks like they want you to take it before a decision is made after your interview (aka, a requirement).

So, if they are saying in the email that you have to take it before May 20th, does that mean after then there will be no more interview invites?

So, if they are saying in the email that you have to take it before May 20th, does that mean after then there will be no more interview invites?
I believe they’re interviewing through the end of may. i’m assuming that all interview invites will go out by may 20

I believe they’re interviewing through the end of may. i’m assuming that all interview invites will go out by may 20
But like even if the last interview invite goes out May 19th, can we even guarantee that there will still be a May 20th Casper opening?