DREXEL DPMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who are scheduled to interview, when are they starting with the interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who are scheduled to interview, when are they starting with the interviews?
They are holding interviews next week Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
None so far, I am not sure if they will notify us over the weekend or else we will have to wait until Monday.
It will probably be a little longer realistically. If someone just turned in their app on Friday, I think they will review that along with the rest of ours. In short, I think there is only one more round of interview invites!

Reactions: 1 user
Are next week's interviews the first round of interviews?

It will probably be a little longer realistically. If someone just turned in their app on Friday, I think they will review that along with the rest of ours. In short, I think there is only one more round of interview invites!
one more round of interviews only? sounds kinda hard to believe tbh cause they sent out interviews on multiple days consistently based on previous threads but regardless no point in stressing too much about it

For people receiving interview invites for other programs at Drexel's Graduate School of Biomedical sciences, I've heard from people in my year that they received an invite to join other programs that they didn't even apply for, or that they were accepted into DPMS after being accepted into IMS or IHS, or that they didn't apply for IMS or IHS but got accepted into DPMS. Try not to take an acceptance or non-acceptance (?) to another program as a declined DPMS application :)
Hey do you have any advice or tips for the DPMS interview?

Hey everyone, current DPMSer here. I thought I'd make myself available as I remember the stress being in y'alls positions this time last year. Lmk if you have any questions either here or PM :)

I guess I should start off with things I liked to see in every past dpms'ers opening remarks lol.

My stats coming in were 3.4 cGPA, 3.0 scGPA, 495 mcat, loads of extracurricular. There were multiple waves of interview invites but I submitted my application like March 11 ish and got an invite on April 30. Interviewed on May 6th and I just remember the most stressful thing was the fact that they had 2 waves of acceptances and when they released the first one, I wasn't in it so I thought it was over. But like one of my colleagues mentioned earlier, the timing of when they send II and A's is very random and has nothing to do with when you submitted an application/interviewed so don't over think it.

Tips for interview: obviously know the obvious like "why medicine" and related variations. Do your research on the school! Drexel is a very community-based school that you can learn a lot about just from the website and Wikipedia. Have answers for like general questions because they all play off themselves in a way. I remember a question I got was "For people that like you, what would they say about you?" and "For people that don't like you, what would they say about you?" Those definitely caught me off guard but remember it is literally a conversation with faculty, most of whom are very cool people. Here's a website I used to practice questions:

I believe in all of you. Good luck!

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Invited to interview today :), 3.4 GPA, 507 MCAT, good research, 300+ hours clinical experience

Reactions: 8 users
I know that I'm stressing, but is anyone else still waiting to hear back?

Reactions: 5 users
I know that I'm stressing, but is anyone else still waiting to hear back?
me too pal, its ok we're hanging in there! this is the first week of interviews for them as they were already behind their typical schedule so keep your hopes up! i totally understand the stress and im right there with you but keep your head up and it will be ok!!

Reactions: 3 users
me too pal, its ok we're hanging in there! this is the first week of interviews for them as they were already behind their typical schedule so keep your hopes up! i totally understand the stress and im right there with you but keep your head up and it will be ok!!
Thanks, it's hard because every day I hope is the day I get a good email and then I end up waiting for the next day to arrive.

Reactions: 1 users
good luck to the people who interview today! lets us know how it went!❤️

Reactions: 10 users
Interviewed today! Went super well I think... I fell even more in love with the school and program.... Fingers are crossed. Now the wait for a decision begins!

• Care
Reactions: 18 users
Interviewed today! Went super well I think... I fell even more in love with the school and program.... Fingers are crossed. Now the wait for a decision begins!
Who are you Bluezcluez I'm sure my username gives my name away lol. My interview went well too today. Hopefully we are classmates soon!

• Haha
I’m happy your Interview went good! I hope you hear some good news soon!

any tips?
I'm sure everyone's experiences are different so I don't want to speak for them but treat it as a medical school interview and you should be fine. Know your app in and out. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. You'll do great.

Reactions: 3 users
^^ second that. environment was definitely welcoming and very very friendly. personally, my interview was really conversational but still asked the common med school interview questions. I would def say the same intreating it as a medical school interview, as it essentially is one. be yourself, know your app, and youll be fine!

Anyone know who we can talk to if we are waiting to hear back?

^^ second that. environment was definitely welcoming and very very friendly. personally, my interview was really conversational but still asked the common med school interview questions. I would def say the same intreating it as a medical school interview, as it essentially is one. be yourself, know your app, and youll be fine!
How far in advance did you receive the zoom link? Mine is tomorrow 😬🤗

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if anyone that applied in April received an interview yet?

For those who completed interviews, how long were they?

For those who completed interviews, how long were they?
Mine went about 40 minutes because we were chatting about random things. I had a really great interviewer and really enjoyed our conversation. Didn’t feel like an interview at all!

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations!!!!! I remember you from earlier in the thread and seeing your name in an info session and I was ALWAYS hoping you got an interview!
oh man, thanks! I've really needed some good news. Its been a hard week...

Anyone who has had an interview, how many people also interviewed with you?
Really starting to lose hope :/

My congrats!! Do u mind sharing when u were complete and ur stats?
Sure, Completed application 03/01/2021. MCAT 506, cgpa 3.2 (thats with a second bachelor's degree of 3.6) and sgpa i think is 2.9. Unfortunately all of my cumulative stats are much worse than my second degree stats alone. Non-trad. Current CMA, with research experience. :)

Anyone who has had an interview, how many people also interviewed with you?
Really starting to lose hope :/
I'm right there with you. Today has been the first glimmer of hope ive had in soo long. Don't give up!!

I got a II at 11:09 today!!!! completed by 1/22!

don't lose hope!!!!!