DREXEL DPMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you :) 3.3cGPA/3.01sGPA and 501 MCAT! Complete 2/11. Hoping those in waiting hear something soon, the day is apparently not over yet!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone :) I got a II today!!!
Stats: cGPA 3.78, sGPA 3.64, MCAT 502
Completed 03/12

Reactions: 7 users
checking my emails every millisecond cuz I AM DESPERATE 😭

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if they are going to send rejections at the same time or wait after until all II's have been sent out? Has anyone been considered for another program yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if they offer interviews in order of completion of application? have all fall/early winter completed apps already been reviewed?

does anyone know if they offer interviews in order of completion of application? have all fall/early winter completed apps already been reviewed?
I don't think they do that. I just saw someone get an interview invite who completed on March

Hi everyone! I finally decided to make an account after keeping up with this thread for literally the longest. I've been just as anxious as everyone here and I felt my blood pressure go up as soon as the first person on this thread said they received an invite. Within minutes after, I received my interview invite!! I was ready to cry.

Here are some details about my stats and when I uploaded my app:
cGPA : 3.65
sGPA : 3.50ish
MCAT : 497

Marked complete : 2/18/21
Interview email : 4:24 pm on 4/28/21

- I did not apply to any of their additional programs or received emails suggesting

I'm actually re-taking my MCAT this Saturday so if everything goes well and I end up with an acceptance, I hope to go from Track 1 to Track 2 (non-mcat) as I will have my score before the program's classes even start. Fingers freaking crossed.

Guys, we'll get there. One way or another. Don't lose faith!!

Reactions: 13 users
I got an interview and completed my application this month so I don't think order matters. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: 4 users
Just for clarification from their website, they will not accept MCAT scores older than Jan 2018, correct?

They haven't sent me an email and I hope I get a good one soon. Is anyone else still waiting?

Reactions: 5 users
They haven't sent me an email and I hope I get a good one soon. Is anyone else still waiting?
I am! I messaged two of the alumni to see how the next rounds go, I’ll let you know what they say!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi friends! Current DPMS student here. Congrats to everyone that got interview invites! The interview invite is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself and we're rooting for you come interview day! As for those that have yet to hear back - DO NOT WORRY! There is still time, so as Sanjeev mentioned before, be patient, have faith, and breathe!

Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns and I'll do my best to get back to you!

You Got This Mental Health GIF by YouTube
Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Hi guys, quick question for those offered interviews the email says to send our Casper test results if we have already taken it. I took it last July for this cycle. I contacted Casper because the website won't let me send it over and they let me know that the deadline for sending it over to DPMS is April 26 however the first round of interviews went out yesterday so that makes no sense. They told me DPMS has to request my results themselves. Should I contact the office of DPMS or does anybody else have any insight? thank you.

Hi guys, quick question for those offered interviews the email says to send our Casper test results if we have already taken it. I took it last July for this cycle. I contacted Casper because the website won't let me send it over and they let me know that the deadline for sending it over to DPMS is April 26 however the first round of interviews went out yesterday so that makes no sense. They told me DPMS has to request my results themselves. Should I contact the office of DPMS or does anybody else have any insight? thank you.
I had the same exact question. I took mine in August 2020 since I was applying for the 2020/2021 application cycle. DUCOM already has my results since I applied there previously.

When I responded to the email to schedule my interview, I included my question on there. Since I haven't heard back, I'm thinking of just emailing someone different today. I'm actually already scheduled to take the casper again on 5/20 but if my score from august is valid, then hopefully they can just get it from DUCOM & that's it.

Side note: the CASPer is awful lmao

I had the same exact question. I took mine in August 2020 since I was applying for the 2020/2021 application cycle. DUCOM already has my results since I applied there previously.

When I responded to the email to schedule my interview, I included my question on there. Since I haven't heard back, I'm thinking of just emailing someone different today. I'm actually already scheduled to take the casper again on 5/20 but if my score from august is valid, then hopefully they can just get it from DUCOM & that's it.

Wait why is it awful?

Thanks, let me know if you get a response please! I feel that retaking it would not make a difference because it's still closed for us to send the score for this cycle is it not? Hopefully you hear back soon. I'm not trying to retake Casper again either :/ lol

Update: just received email from Casper and they let me know they will accept my score from July and have extended their deadline I will now be able to add it on Casper as should all of you be able to. Great :)

Reactions: 3 users
Wait why is it awful?
The test itself is easy! You are just responding to dilemmas and scenarios with your opinions. I just hated the timing and how I couldnt even formulate my thoughts properly before proceeding with answering. You dont get points off for spelling, just as long as you have a decent idea down you're fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks, let me know if you get a response please! I feel that retaking it would not make a difference because it's still closed for us to send the score for this cycle is it not? Hopefully you hear back soon. I'm not trying to retake Casper again either :/ lol
I was hoping it would still be valid because we are technically still in the same cycle it was taken for! Also, it takes WEEKS for those scores to be processed so i'm not sure when in the DPMS timeline they are expecting CASper scores from people who haven't even taken it yet...

Hi everyone! I finally decided to make an account after keeping up with this thread for literally the longest. I've been just as anxious as everyone here and I felt my blood pressure go up as soon as the first person on this thread said they received an invite. Within minutes after, I received my interview invite!! I was ready to cry.

Here are some details about my stats and when I uploaded my app:
cGPA : 3.65
sGPA : 3.50ish
MCAT : 497

Marked complete : 2/18/21
Interview email : 4:24 pm on 4/28/21

- I did not apply to any of their additional programs or received emails suggesting

I'm actually re-taking my MCAT this Saturday so if everything goes well and I end up with an acceptance, I hope to go from Track 1 to Track 2 (non-mcat) as I will have my score before the program's classes even start. Fingers freaking crossed.

Guys, we'll get there. One way or another. Don't lose faith!!
That's amazing congrats!! and welcome to the forum lol

Still waiting but extremely disappointed already even though I’m trying to convince myself there is still a chance. It’s really hard because I’ve been applying to Med school for multiple cycles now and finally saw a light at the end of the tunnel with DPMS. Finally a guaranteed admission for URM with similar stats and nothing (yet).

This feels like the only way I’ll get into medical school after a poor undergraduate performance but great grad school grades. But that’s the issue with having so many credits now that even getting A’s in several grad level science courses, moves your GPA 0.001.

Reactions: 7 users
Still waiting but extremely disappointed already even though I’m trying to convince myself there is still a chance. It’s really hard because I’ve been applying to Med school for multiple cycles now and finally saw a light at the end of the tunnel with DPMS. Finally a guaranteed admission for URM with similar stats and nothing (yet).

This feels like the only way I’ll get into medical school after a poor undergraduate performance but great grad school grades. But that’s the issue with having so many credits now that even getting A’s in several grad level science courses, moves your GPA 0.001.
Hang in there! It’s so hard. I’m currently waiting to hear back and I applied in December. Sending you encouragement. You are so dedicated and deserving. Good things will happen! It only takes one yes.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! Just a heads up, the application review and IIs are so random. Last year I knew people that applied as early as possible and only got their invite the last week before interviews were over and others who applied the very last day and got an II the next week. So until you have received something saying you are no longer being considered then don't count yourself out! And also the II tend to go out in just random waves. And don't forget to check your junk folders and other inboxes too, never know where an II might end up!

I just heard back from Kareem and was told that my previous CASPer test was good to go (they already had it since I sent it to their med school when I applied there this cycle). I'm going to assume it should be the same for you since you took the test around the same time :) Hope that helps!

Hey guys! For those who scheduled their interviews already, did you guys receive any type of confirmation back from Kareem yet?

Hey guys! For those who scheduled their interviews already, did you guys receive any type of confirmation back from Kareem yet?
Yes, he responded to me a couple of hours ago. Also, my portal is updated with the date I chose for the interview.

Yes, he responded to me a couple of hours ago. Also, my portal is updated with the date I chose for the interview.
Ahhh I see. Thanks for sharing! I scheduled mine this afternoon so maybe he'll confirm with me soon!

Don’t be discouraged! From what I’ve seen gpa is important but the MCAT can offset that by a lot along with your experience. I have an extremely low undergrad gpa (too ashamed to share) and no grad school, but I have some decent experience and a decent MCAT score. So far this year I’ve been accepted into a program with linkages and interviewed for an MD program. Even this program focuses more on your DPMS essay than anything else as long as you meet the minimum requirements. You’ve done the work, now let the chips fall where they may.

Sending you good vibes, good luck!

• Love
I was marked complete 4/22. Odds I hear back during this round of interview invites?