Fall Reading WWeek Short/Small Game - Interest/Signup thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm no longer happy after seeing that reaction from Mutts :/

ETA: or that message from Mixy since she ninja'd me.

Members don't see this ad.

save me from this waffle hell

57319ad1cfd6a.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really glad that I didn't die, and I hoped I did the role reveal early enough to get this off me and onto an actual wolf.

That said, I'm baffled how we got this result.

Okay. I'm going to repeat my spiel I do every game.

Tomorrow is mylo. Treat it as lylo. Vote in a group. I don't want to see 3 people up for lynch near EOD.

Reactions: 1 users
Is 11 minutes considered a long time now? Because that's how long it took me from unlynching Cray to lynching Lawpy.

I meant why did you wait until XX:59 to vote? You unlynched at 8:47 Correct Standard Time and didn't drop a lynch vote or even say "welp was going to vote for Lawpy" until 8:59?

Day 1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (1) - Cray
Lawper () -
Capri (3) - Dandy, shelter, Paws
Cray (1) - Lawpy
shelter (4) - AM, mutt, Stagg, capri
AM (1) - Mel

10/10

Day 2 Lynch Tally

Mutts (4) - Mel, Stagg, Lawper, Paws
Lawpy (3) - AM, Cray, Capri
Paws (1) - mutt

8/8

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Day 1 Lynch Tally
Stagg (1) - Cray
Lawper () -
Capri (3) - Dandy, shelter, Paws
Cray (1) - Lawpy
shelter (4) - AM, mutt, Stagg, capri
AM (1) - Mel

10/10

Day 2 Lynch Tally

Mutts (4) - Mel, Stagg, Lawper, Paws
Lawpy (3) - AM, Cray, Capri
Paws (1) - mutt

8/8

Damn it Paws

I'm a bit confused as to why Cray lynched me, but given that she said you and I were who she read as wolfy I'm guessing it was a knee-jerk defensive act. She's definitely not off my radar, but for now I think it's within her meta and am willing to give her more opportunity to defend herself. I would like her to actually catch up on thread before lynch though seeing as there's only about 2 pages of actually game to read through...

Also, is the bolded true? Again, I thought AM was an okay wolf as I keep reading in recent games things like "if AM is a wolf, she's significantly improved her wolf play". Idk since I've never seen AM wolf, but just curious where this sentiment is coming from.

What is this?

As I said above, I'm willing to give Cray a chance to catch up more and for now she seems within her meta even with some things that make me uneasy. I'm not opposed to switching back to her though. I moved to Shelter because she still only has 3 posts total and 2 were just "AM isn't participating much" when you had been one of the most active players at that point. Could just be a mistake. But I'd like to hear more from @sheltermed .

I'm still very willing to move my vote, but right now I'd like to get some more participation.

I had to jump in to say that AM is an amazing player. I shouldn't continue to spread this propaganda about her, for many reasons. Like, don't fall into the trap of putting her on a pedestal, because like any villager she could be wrong about stuff, and if a wolf...

She's a good villager and a good wolf. Do not underestimate her ever. This is coming from people who have spent the last couple years playing with her over and over. Her and I actually noobed the exact same game, but she has a bigger number under her belt now. So yeah, a lot of us have witnessed her "getting better" but it's for the reason that we've had a chance to watch her play evolve. That's not because her wolf game hasn't been pretty strong for a while now.

Yes the bolded is true, AM and I did a pretty good job in after party and only lost it because we let coffee (chaos) live.

Mel never votes willingly or without a reason D1, he hates it.

I am also comfortable with a shelter lynch
Side note, but I never caught why you guys let Coffee live?

Reactions: 1 users
Side note, but I never caught why you guys let Coffee live?

It's because I think the concept of chaos is funny much to Paws' chagrin.

Because AM didn't seem concerned and I was freaked out we weren't going to make it and thought we needed her to get to parity. I just don't understand mechanics well enough so I do stupid things or make assumptions that are incorrect because I have n=2 experience about some mechanic. I really thought we could just win alongside chaos

Reactions: 2 users
Unlike you, as others have said. Not even so much as a check-in until a few hours before lynch close.

AM has definitely upped her posting after this, but at the same time and as Lawpy pointed out, this is directly contrary to what Dandy said, so not sure who to squint at here.

Would you mind elaborating? I can't defend against "mild feels." And tbh I get at least 1-3 "mild feels" votes early game, at least one of which usually turns into a tunnel.

You're lookin' at it.

I'm curious about this. Granted, I have only a marginally better memory than a goldfish, but the only game I can remember wolf!Cray lying low we had figured out she was an alpha wolf but there was still another wolf alive we were trying to find (actually MOOSE's first game IIRC).

Just so we're clear, this isn't like someone in-game froze you right? Like I wouldn't expect someone to be able to use their ability this early but…just checking.

Maybe Cray. Also slightly everyone mentioned above by Shelter's quote.

That was a good example in the sense that everyone had caught me out as the alpha wolf: therefore there was no point defending or trying to implicate anyone for a mislynch. At that point as well, continued participation would have just upped the likelihood that I would out the pack members left that had to be lynched before I could die.

The other game that people frequently think of, is the game that I call the "game that shall not be named," because when it comes up I literally lose my stuff in a way that is spectacular, even for me. I had a lot of apologies to make later. That game I had a lot of IRL stuff going on AND I was furious and checked out for #reasons. I don't want to say more about it, consider it rage quit game for me, and that if we continue with this "Cray is a quiet wolf" nonsense BASED ON THAT game, the possibility of rage quit now is real.

I will not argue with anyone that says my posting is just #different as wolf vs villager. But the analysis based on # of posts and when (kay guys, I didn't wake up until 4:30 pm PST today, for reference) is just silly and a point of rage for me.

Here's the thing, I think my first wolf out with LIS, Pip, and Paws, that Paws was still semi-newish, and it might have been her first wolf out?

It's led to this sort of bias where I'm like holy hell, where is Paws coming up with this stuff??

What was the last game where she won as wolf?

She's gotten pretty good. She might even look like a better villager as a wolf than when she is a villager (this is true of me, and often true of wolves in general)

It seems to me like her style has evolved alongside AM's in the vein of questioning and challenging players. Now I'm wary of her.

I wolfed with her once and she definitely has trouble spewing when nervous. The problem I have with voting her today is that she frequently doesn't spew til 1am, I always tunnel her so I don't trust my instinct there, and she always says wifom etc things
I will say that I find it hard to manufacture Cray cray rage (TM)

Here's the thing, I think my first wolf out with LIS, Pip, and Paws, that Paws was still semi-newish, and it might have been her first wolf out?

It's led to this sort of bias where I'm like holy hell, where is Paws coming up with this stuff??

What was the last game where she won as wolf?

She's gotten pretty good. She might even look like a better villager as a wolf than when she is a villager (this is true of me, and often true of wolves in general)

It seems to me like her style has evolved alongside AM's in the vein of questioning and challenging players. Now I'm wary of her.
It was my first wolfing and my third game. I got AM lynched that game, I'm glad she's forgiven me

Contingency lynch Cray

I'm still feeling nervous about AM which is abnormal for me.

Mel is null because not enough content. Stagg I'm feeling good about right now. Im going to read through again a bit later and think on the others, just wanted to get a couple thoughts in before night close
Here's some thoughts

You were voting me... but feeling off about AM. If you were wolf, all that would make sense for you to say. As a villager, I wonder what you're doing there.

So a lack of content from Mel reads null? That's less sketchy than AM or me?

Let's say you're village. I'm almost reading opposite here. Mel's lack of content has me worried about him.

Stagg.... that one game where he wolfed, well, this feels very similar. He had a lot to say, it all sounded reasonable, he made an enemy out of me or others, backtracked on that.... in fact, I can only recall one game where he was such a "voice of the town" and he was wolf. Keep in mind while I rely heavily on meta, I often remember it wrong too. Think one time I mentally invented a wolf meta for someone who had never wolfed.

382.jpg
By the time bedtime rolled around, SAR was very especially fueled on caffeine. Maybe an all nighter was in store? After all, it's not like she got much done during the day. She went back to her pile of textbooks and pulled out one of her consults, cracking it open on the table to learn some things about Diabetes in dogs. It didn't take long for the caffeine rush to wear off and she was face down in the textbooks, snoring. And drooling. Drooling enough, in fact, that when she woke up to go to bed she tossed the slightly damp textbook under the bed with Plumb's. Oh well, there's always tomorrow, right?

Discarded is @Dandelion18, Blackwell's Five Minute Veterinary Consults, and Town Seer

It is now D2. Lynch closes at 8pm, MST

Studying Hard?

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @muttmanager
3. @Stagg737
4. @Crayola227
6. @capri1722
7. @StayingPositive2017
9. @Lawper
10. @Melchizedek

In the Discard pile
sheltermed - Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook
Dandy - Blackwell's Five Minute Veterinary Consults

OK, now that I realize Dandy was Seer and was NK, it's quite possible that she did seer me last night, and I got the notification. I've definitely seen games where the seer gets to go down with results. If I modded a game, I would do the same, because it's sadistic for them to die with the knowledge.

I don't trust AM right now but, I also think that too obvious. If she's a wolf, why contingency lynch someone then kill them the same night, weird.

I'd like to hear some sober, well read thoughts from Cray

and more from @Melchizedek what are your AM feels now?

I don't know if lynching absentee people is the right move this game.

To make you ask the question. It's pure WIFOM and a great wolf move.

Also, sobriety with me is always a relative term, even though I don't drink all that often. Also, well read thoughts? I laughed out loud.

I think lynching absentee people is the exact wrong thing in this game. I think that works better in larger games where losing a few quiet villagers in the hunt for quiet wolves isn't as damning. Plenty of wolves wolf by hiding in plain sight.

I think if we want to look at less activity, than Mel is suspicious, but that's true no matter what he does.

Stagg has proven to be a vocal wolf. He's also pulled the whole "let's go for Cray and then when that looks like a push for easy mislynch back off" as a wolf. He's therefore hard to read and a great threat.

AM will run village as a wolf. I sometimes detect a change in her posting, not always. I don't feel wolf from her this game. However, as soon as I say that, when she's a wolf, she'll do a 180 and come at me HARD.

Paws has also proven that she will "run" village as a wolf.

PBC did this too.

I haven't seen Lawper play many games. He did coast as a noob wolf before, however I absolutely would not expect that from him now, if a wolf.

Honestly, the most suspicious people to me right now are the ones calling for the deaths of more quiet players.

Plenty of wolves will do this, especially as we get to parity and their voices are sounding out as much as the villagers' are.

I already said, but I'll add the fact that you were starting to get on Dandy's case last night and then Dandy got wolf-killed and I think that would be a bad wolf move to draw attention to yourself to like that.
This makes no sense to me. For a wolf move it's just dandy. I don't know if AM would do that, my sense is that she's generally conservative as a wolf, just as she is as a villager.

So you were saying that Wolf-AM has trouble freezing up and acting on anything, but now you're saying that she is also nimble enough to make up a convoluted plan like that?

Pick a stance, is Wolf-AM a scaredy cat or a show-off?
false dichotomy on AM, this totally reads to me as wolfy Mel

Waffling in general is a red flag to me
Doesn't matter that you're dead, it's worth stating, that it is FAR FAR easier for wolves not to waffle to please the crowd. Villagers truly being in the dark, unless they tunnel which isn't good play, will be FORCED to waffle, there's no other way to play. They will have thoughts and they will be wrong, and they will need to backtrack and adjust as needed.

This is different than EOD waffling. I dunno, waffling is a complex topic, but I think it's fair to say that lack of waffling may be more affiliation indicative than the presence of waffling.

Lol, I did and I'm pretty sure Bryndy will never trust me again after that. However, we were also able to PM in that game and I had previously been PM partners with BJ multiple times, so pocketing was easier. Idk how to pocket only on thread yet, my wolf-fu is not that strong yet. Life goals though...

Can you clarify what you meant by this? I feel like I'm misinterpreting that statement.

Depends on who is waffling and when. Certain people commit to votes pretty heavily while others could be nicknamed IHOP. Just wait until you play a game with @PippyPony , you'll have so many flags you can create your own United Nations...
you should know how to do that, as you've done it to me before

but I'm too easy to placate

Wait wait wait what do you mean by this? I originally read this thinking you were saying you were wrong on your read of Shelter, but I went back and ISO'd you and you didn't hardly mention her at all (before this point anyway)? You pointed out that she and Dandy had directly contradictory statements, but you didn't indicate whether you thought that was wolfy or villagey. You also didn't vote for her either.

I don't really follow the jump from Shelter was village --> there must be power wolves. Also this is the first time you explicitly say that you thought Shelter was wolfy, which wasn't even really necessary? because you didn't have her blood on your hands. I guess I mean, why did you vote Cray when you thought Shelter was wolfy? IMO it kind of sounds like you wanted to push a mislynch but didn't want the blood on your hands.

Hi.

Not game related: the fact that the parentheses are bolded on Cray and Stagg but nothing else bothers me immensely.

What's the hmmm for?

What about the reverse? If Cray flips wolf/village, then what does that mean for Mutts?
like this post from capri, +1 village points