Liberty University COM (LUCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school silent reject pre-secondary? I submitted my app here several months ago, but never got a secondary. I'm wondering if this was an oversight and if I should call? Thanks
I would contact them. Their admissions office is filled with wonderful people that are really understanding.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
accepted students, how long after the call did you get the official letter by mail?

Gave up my acceptance a few weeks ago. Hope you guys hears good news quickly and good luck on the rest of your app cycle!!

I just canceled my interviews with LECOM and VCOM to come to LUCOM.. IDK.. did I just make a huge mistake or what..? I really like LUCOM because I think the school's mission really aligns with my goal and it will prepare me to become a good medical missionary. But, Im a bit worried about it's establishment and residency options.. any thought? (Well the decision is already made, but I still would like to hear some thoughts)

I just canceled my interviews with LECOM and VCOM to come to LUCOM.. IDK.. did I just make a huge mistake or what..? I really like LUCOM because I think the school's mission really aligns with my goal and it will prepare me to become a good medical missionary. But, Im a bit worried about it's establishment and residency options.. any thought? (Well the decision is already made, but I still would like to hear some thoughts)
They know what they're doing according to rotation sites. I wouldn't worry at all about giving up LECOM. I mean. It's LECOM. That's basically the Caribbean in the US. LUCOM is a fantastic school, and I think you made an excellent choice

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II invite this morning! First of the cycle for me!

Why did you give it up? @Stephanie906

LUCOM was very impressive. I was truly grateful that they were the first school to be interviewed at and they were very accommodating. I was the only female in the group of interviewers and the staff paid special attention to make me feel more comfortable. Even though I was very focused, it made it even a better experience becuase it was so relaxing. The building is amazing, the anatomy lab is the best I have seen compared to all the schools I interviewed at. Quite amazing with the air filtration system, I felt like I could spend days and days in there. The scenery was great, the building was new and the faculty seemed to be there for the reasons that they were supposed to be. To teach and inspire students to be the best people/physicians. Although I interviewed when the students weren't present, the student ambassadors were very open and great in giving you all the feedback you need to make the best decision for you.

Now for ... why did I give it up? The location, my family situation isn't the most ideal and VA is a bit farther from NJ than I would like. I was also very interested in Research and although the research faculty was great, there wasn't a program in place. The labs were being built with the best equipment and I have no doubt that they will be amazing research facilities, but I did not know how long this would have taken and when I would be able to participate during my first two years. It was mainly the location and the distance from my family. LUCOM is great and will provide an exceptional education as it provides an osteopathic medical education PLUS you have access to EVERYTHING (well almost) at the undergrad campus, which was also a huge plus.

Please message me if you have any questions!

They know what they're doing according to rotation sites. I wouldn't worry at all about giving up LECOM. I mean. It's LECOM. That's basically the Caribbean in the US. LUCOM is a fantastic school, and I think you made an excellent choice

I'm afraid you have LECOM and LUCOM mixed up here.

Reactions: 2 users
Seriously? PM me if you're actually confused about the two. No need to overload this forum with our conversation.

LECOM is no where close to the carribean. I have my problems with LECOM but your statement is hilarious.

Tagging @j4pac for the lols

LECOM is no where close to the carribean. I have my problems with LECOM but your statement is hilarious.

Tagging @j4pac for the lols

DS...I spent all my energy up arguing you. It was a worth while argument...this on the other hand, I'm not going to waste my time with. :)

DS...I spent all my energy up arguing you. It was a worth while argument...this on the other hand, I'm not going to waste my time with. :)

LECOM gets the most unwarrented attacks. Atleast when I go after it I try to legitimately criticize it. I feel like every couple months we have this same argument!

LECOM gets attacked? I have people telling me that LUCOM is like a Carribean school and that I should only go there if I have no other choice. I'm so confused now. Not that it matters. I like LUCOM a lot and I am hoping to interview at LECOM

I don't think you made a mistake at all! I have not yet confirmed my acceptance here, since I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools post interview, but I think this is a great school. I previously had some hesitancies regarding third and fourth year clinical rotations here, as well as being accepted into residencies, since we currently don't have any stats to go off of, but after talking with some current LUCOM students through SDN and speaking with some physicians at my work, I no longer have any concerns! LUCOM has established rotation sites for third and fourth years, and their options for sites are growing. I know doctors who attended new medical schools as well, as they said I shouldn't have concerns with getting into residencies graduating from a new medical school. LUCOM seems established, and their faculty definitely care about their students' success, so I wouldn't worry at all!

Checking my email/waiting by my phone everyday since my interview the week of Thanksgiving. Ah, the suspense!

Same^^ I really want to know. This school was awesome! Does anyone know if we get all the privileges to enter the gym, football games, etc. as the undergrads?

Yea after our interview they took a couple of us to the student union building (gym and other things) and gave us a tour. They said we get access to everything undergrads get access to.

Yea after our interview they took a couple of us to the student union building (gym and other things) and gave us a tour. They said we get access to everything undergrads get access to.

Exactly. You are a Liberty student so expect to have access to all facilities and amenities that Liberty students are granted.

Hey guys,

Can any current/future students comment as to which stethoscope is good for medical students. There are so many different options, but I wanted to know which would likely be most beneficial?

Thanks in advance! :)

Littmann Cardio III

accepted peeps-anyone else not receive the official letter yet? it has been almost a month for me :( Got just the email confirmation ....:(

accepted peeps-anyone else not receive the official letter yet? it has been almost a month for me :( Got just the email confirmation ....:(

Still waiting as well. I think I was accepted about the same time you were.

I wouldn't be sad. If you've been told you're accepted, then you're accepted.

Don't even worry about it! Accepted is accepted is accepted!

Don't worry! Just login to myLU account and start completing the acceptance check list! (If you have decided to attend)

Accepted today! Interviewed 11/23

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

JUST GOT THE CALL!

LUCOM 2020

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call from the dean today after interviewing less than a week ago... I'm in! :)

Seems like Dr. Martin was making a lot of calls today. I got one too! :)

1rejected :( got the email this morning....really dejected right now because I thought this place was right for me :( looks like it's back to calling schools and bugging them to interview me, this late in the cycle too...