LMU CVM c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an acceptance email at 9:22 am CT yesterday. I am really glad that I also got accepted to UT because I definitely don’t have over 1,000.00 to save my spot. Do they not realize not everyone’s parents pay for their schooling?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone comment on what the clinical year looks like? I have the impression it’s a fully distributed model. How far away from campus do people typically travel for these rotations?
 
Can anyone comment on what the clinical year looks like? I have the impression it’s a fully distributed model. How far away from campus do people typically travel for these rotations?
I worked for a vet in LMU’s first graduating class and she loved the clinical year. She chose to stay relatively close by (like within neighboring states) but you can go pretty much anywhere in the US and I believe there are international options as well. She opted to put her furniture and stuff in storage and lived in extended stay hotels with her dog. She set it up so she had 2 rotations in the same city at a time so she could stay put for 4 weeks at a time. You also get to pick the majority of your rotations. Upon graduation, she had 3 job offers from hospitals she had rotated through 🙂
 
Do we know if they are sending snail mail letters to some and emails to others (trying to be hopeful I’ll get a letter in the mail) or if we didn’t get an email we missed the first round Of acceptances completely?
 
Do we know if they are sending snail mail letters to some and emails to others (trying to be hopeful I’ll get a letter in the mail) or if we didn’t get an email we missed the first round Of acceptances completely?
I’m pretty sure if you got accepted you got an email first and will get something in the mail. I interviewed in September and didn’t get anything. Apparently they only send out about 50 invites which means another 75 will be sent out in February.
 
Do we know if they are sending snail mail letters to some and emails to others (trying to be hopeful I’ll get a letter in the mail) or if we didn’t get an email we missed the first round Of acceptances completely?
Don’t stress if you didn’t get an early acceptance ... there are many more acceptances coming in February (or March?). And many will likely turn down their acceptance offers for more established and/or less expensive schools. It’ll be ok 🙂
 
People that have already interviewed... where did you stay?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I stayed at Sleep Inn & Suites in Middlesboro KY. It was nice and across the street from the Walmart (convenient). It’s about 10-15 mins from the vet school.
Same. It was quite nice and fairly close. Decent breakfast which is good because there’s not a lot of restaurants local
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who’s gotten accepted gotten the snail mail yet? I got the email same day and time as y’all but haven’t gotten the other yet.
 
That states that fall transcripts need to be sent by 2021 which is strange considering we just hit 2020. I think that’s for the next application cycle, not ours. Best thing to do is contact them.
 
That states that fall transcripts need to be sent by 2021 which is strange considering we just hit 2020. I think that’s for the next application cycle, not ours. Best thing to do is contact them.
Yeah, I just saw that....I will call them in the next few days
 
Per the acceptance letter,
Please note: All acceptance offers are conditional based on meeting the LMU-CVM pre-requisite requirements and submitting all required application materials. Official winter/spring transcripts are due by June 30, 2020. All pre-requisite courses must be completed by the end of the spring 2020 semester/quarter with a final grade of a C- or higher. Applicants who do not meet the above deadlines and/or pre-requisite requirements may forfeit their seat in the class.
 
I think they updated their website for the next cycle already since VMCAS is opening in Jan? Since I haven't heard about an interview from them yet I was going to have my transcript from Fall sent to the address they listed on their website (below). Maybe it's worth emailing them to confirm and save myself $10...

LMU-CVM Office of Veterinary Admissions
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
 
I think they updated their website for the next cycle already since VMCAS is opening in Jan? Since I haven't heard about an interview from them yet I was going to have my transcript from Fall sent to the address they listed on their website (below). Maybe it's worth emailing them to confirm and save myself $10...

LMU-CVM Office of Veterinary Admissions
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
I sent an email today, but since it is a holiday I don't expect a response anytime soon. I didn't see anything in the information packet either. I will most likely call and confirm just to save a little money. I'll try to update with info later.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they updated their website for the next cycle already since VMCAS is opening in Jan? Since I haven't heard about an interview from them yet I was going to have my transcript from Fall sent to the address they listed on their website (below). Maybe it's worth emailing them to confirm and save myself $10...

LMU-CVM Office of Veterinary Admissions
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
So they said they do need Fall transcripts. Posted the info below
DC543ED9-E3F4-47F2-BC8B-36E052C6722E.jpeg
 
I received an email this morning from Holly saying that fall 2019 transcripts are due January 31st. But I have not heard anything regarding an acceptance yet. Does anyone know if they are asking for transcripts to be sent out to everyone who interviewed?
 
I received an email this morning from Holly saying that fall 2019 transcripts are due January 31st. But I have not heard anything regarding an acceptance yet. Does anyone know if they are asking for transcripts to be sent out to everyone who interviewed?

I interviewed already and I received the email as well. I also already sent my transcripts two weeks ago so I emailed Holly back and she said they have received them so I think it was just a mass email to everyone in the applicant pool


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
Anyone know if they’re sending out more interview invites? It seems like it’s been a while. I still haven’t heard from them at all but I also applied right before the deadline if that makes a difference.