Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

Started by BB8730
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just FYI - I got an invite on the first day last year. I remember getting it on my way to work at honestly like 4:55 PM. MU-COM seems to like to send things out late!

Did they give you a set of dates to choose from, or did they provide you with a link to schedule your interview based on first come first serve.
 
Did they give you a set of dates to choose from, or did they provide you with a link to schedule your interview based on first come first serve.

There was a link to a calendar that showed you available dates and available cohorts (3 cohorts a day that start at different times).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Emails containing interview invites should start coming anytime withing the next hour.

I'm nervous. It's a similar feeling to the one I had when I was waiting my MCAT score.
 
This is my top choiceee... and I'm so nervous about hearing back. I'd be devastated if I didn't get some love from here.
Stats cGPA3.7 MCAT 25 (9/6/10). IL resident with ties to IN.
Completed App : Aug 15th.

I shouldn't expect to hear back for at least another week or two, should I?

Same stats as you and we completed our apps at similar times. good luck my friend.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got nothing either. I THINK i was complete on the 4th. I got the complete email on the 4th and then on the 8th I got an email saying that my LORs were added to my application which I thought was weird because they were in on the 4th.

Edit: What time did the email come out?
 
Screening is complete.

Interview decisions have started--and will continue throughout the weekend.

MU-COM Admissions
 
You guys are brutal, lol. Surprised you're not holding MU for ransom if you don't hear today.

Haha.

I wasn't expecting to hear anything today anyways because I just barely missed the completion date.

For those who were complete a few days after the fourth can we expect to hear next week sometime?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think I made the first cut as I was not complete until 8/13. Hopefully I will garner an interview next week! Congrats to all of you recipients this weekend!
 
Please wait to schedule your interview until you receive an email inviting you to do so. We are still making some edits!

Interview decisions are official when you receive an email from MU-COM, not before.

MU-COM
 
So if we did get the interview tab, it still means we were (unofficially) invited to interview, right?

If you wait, please, the portal instructions will be updated with this year's info so you will understand the blue and gold groups.
 
Congrats to everyone invited. Hopefully back5 and I will get iis sometime next week! 🙂
 
Wow, I'm glad I don't work for a med school's admissions office. Pre-meds be foaming at the mouth on here.

Happy to say though I just received an II at 8 pm, complete on 8/1. Good luck all 🙂
 
ii!
What's the ratio to interview:acceptance for MUCOM?

I believe the color code is just for different times.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an email, I'm on hold, post secondary. At least it's not a rejection. Has anyone been accepted at MU-COM with holds on post-secondary?