You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017
Started by AlteredScale
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you know their interview/acceptance ratio? thanks
They interview roughly 600 and accept low to mid 300 and then 162 enroll. So if you get an interview you have around 50-55% of acceptance.
II on 10/15. Completed on 09/01/16!
just out of curiosity, where did you get these numbers? you can DM me if you would like. Thank youThey interview roughly 600 and accept low to mid 300 and then 162 enroll. So if you get an interview you have around 50-55% of acceptance.
https://www.marian.edu/docs/default...ent-library/mu-com-class-of-2019.pdf?sfvrsn=0just out of curiosity, where did you get these numbers? you can DM me if you would like. Thank you
Complete on 9/5 and the wait is killing me 🙁
Yeahhh I'm going to assume I'm not getting good news since I was also complete on the 1st and haven't heard anything :/
I wouldn't assume the worst yet. It takes some of the reviewers longer to read LORs than others. Last year it took 6 weeks from the time I was marked complete until I got a response.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
when were you complete ?
I submitted my secondary here about a week ago. Will I receive an email indicating they have my complete app at some point?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
I don't recall. I submitted my verified primary in the second half of June and completed the secondary within 2 weeks of receiving it, whenever that was.when were you complete ?
Sent from my SM-N910P using SDN mobile
II this morning!
What were your stats and when were you complete ?II this morning!
What were your stats and when were you complete ?
3.8; 3.8; 503. Complete 09/21; CA resident 🙂
wow 5 days ? that was quick3.8; 3.8; 503. Complete 09/21; CA resident 🙂
I submitted my secondary here about a week ago. Will I receive an email indicating they have my complete app at some point?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile
I did receive a complete e-mail 3 weeks after I submitted my secondary, so I assume you will too.
7
779663
Do I need to have my application verified before i can submit the secondary application, or do I just go on to the Marian.edu site and complete the secondary application on my own?
I submitted my primary application a while ago, but I only just got my MCAT score earlier in the week and submitted it to AACOMAS the same day.
I've had the secondary essays completed for a while now, but I thought that was because I received a secondary invite a while ago. I just checked my email inbox and as it turns out I have no received an invitation to submit the secondary application. So I guess that means that i just found the essay prompts here on SDN.
I submitted my primary application a while ago, but I only just got my MCAT score earlier in the week and submitted it to AACOMAS the same day.
I've had the secondary essays completed for a while now, but I thought that was because I received a secondary invite a while ago. I just checked my email inbox and as it turns out I have no received an invitation to submit the secondary application. So I guess that means that i just found the essay prompts here on SDN.
Hi guys, for those that interview here in the afternoon (1:50 pm slot), what time do you get out? I'm thinking of booking a flight leaving at 7:45pm. Do you think there's enough time to catch this flight?
I was wondering if there was any current students who wouldn't mind me messaging them. Just looking for some information on mucom!
I'm a first year at MUCOM; feel free to shoot me a message with any questions you have.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was the interview? Any tips?
There's really no way to prepare for the MMI other than to know the setup, which they go over beforehand. Just be a normal articulate human and show you're able to critically think. I think it went fine
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does Marian have a dress code? Could any current students give us an idea of what a typical week is like for year 1 and 2?
No dress code. The schedule changes every week but for first semester of first year we have lectures M-F and anatomy lab 3 days and that all happens between 8-12ish. Then Mondays and Tuesdays we have OMM and ICM, which depending upon what group you're in and/or the activity, could have you there until 5. That's at least the schedule until Thanksgiving when we transition to the first systems course and continue with ICM and OMM. Second year follows the same format, systems course + ICM & OMM, except you have ICM and OMM on Wednesday and Thursday.Does Marian have a dress code? Could any current students give us an idea of what a typical week is like for year 1 and 2?
Anybody complete 8/31 and still waiting to hear back? Definitely hoping for some love from this school!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did you just get an invite?
Did you just get an invite?
No, sorry, I was invited on 09/16 but was just now able to arrange my plans for the interview.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm going to hit the 4 week mark since the "your application is complete" email. Anybody had a similar scenario? Did you email admissions regarding your status?
Thanks a lot 🙂
Thanks a lot 🙂
I'm going to hit the 4 week mark since the "your application is complete" email. Anybody had a similar scenario? Did you email admissions regarding your status?
Thanks a lot 🙂
I completed my secondary in late July and didn't hear anything until 09/16. That's approx 6/7 weeks. Never emailed admissions; figured it best to sweat it out.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm going to hit the 4 week mark since the "your application is complete" email. Anybody had a similar scenario? Did you email admissions regarding your status?
Thanks a lot 🙂
Im past the 4 week mark as well, my guess is they're probably busier than expect. Im gonna wait another week or two then inquire.
After looking through last years threads this seemed to happen around this time as well
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone interviewing on Oct. 7th? 🙂
Me too! Arriving Oct 6 as well 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year they were providing responses as soon as the next week and within 3 weeks, and they follow the deposit guidelines recommended by AACOMAS.Just got an II!! complete end of September so really quick turnaround, LizzyM 65-67, from an adjacent state. 🙂
Does anyone know how quickly they get back to you if you get accepted and how long you have to put the deposit down?
Last year they were providing responses as soon as the next week and within 3 weeks, and they follow the deposit guidelines recommended by AACOMAS.
Great to know!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone interviewing on Oct. 7th? 🙂
i am : )
will be arriving October 6
Me too! Arriving Oct 6 as well 🙂
I get in on the 6th too! Where is everyone staying?
@bobaphilic @Cal827 @BooHoooo
I am getting in on the 6th as well!
I am staying at the Inn at the Villa. About 3 miles away from Marian.
I am getting in on the 6th as well!
I am staying at the Inn at the Villa. About 3 miles away from Marian.
Whats up guys... Current 2nd year here. Just wanted to throw out that I am open to any questions you guys have! Feel free to PM me with anything y'all are curious about.
To those on the alternate list keep your head up and just be patient, I was in your shoes. Also, enjoy the ride guys. It goes by way too fast.
To those on the alternate list keep your head up and just be patient, I was in your shoes. Also, enjoy the ride guys. It goes by way too fast.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 187
- Views
- 48K
D
- Replies
- 338
- Views
- 89K
- Replies
- 447
- Views
- 98K
- Replies
- 200
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 502
- Views
- 131K