Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an interview invite today through email. I was complete on September 1st. I'm OOS. I have a 4.0 science/3.92 cumulative. MCAT was poor and unspeakable. :) I selected the 4th of November.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
ahh I can't take this wait any longer!! o_O:dead:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II! Complete around Sept 1st as well, sGPA 3.44, cGPA 3.56, MCAT 516. OOS, but strong ties to the region (grew up there and my whole family still lives in IN).

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew II. Good luck to everyone!

do you know their interview/acceptance ratio? thanks

They interview roughly 600 and accept low to mid 300 and then 162 enroll. So if you get an interview you have around 50-55% of acceptance.

They interview roughly 600 and accept low to mid 300 and then 162 enroll. So if you get an interview you have around 50-55% of acceptance.
just out of curiosity, where did you get these numbers? you can DM me if you would like. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeahhh I'm going to assume I'm not getting good news since I was also complete on the 1st and haven't heard anything :/

Yeahhh I'm going to assume I'm not getting good news since I was also complete on the 1st and haven't heard anything :/

I wouldn't assume the worst yet. It takes some of the reviewers longer to read LORs than others. Last year it took 6 weeks from the time I was marked complete until I got a response.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my secondary here about a week ago. Will I receive an email indicating they have my complete app at some point?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

I submitted my secondary here about a week ago. Will I receive an email indicating they have my complete app at some point?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

I did receive a complete e-mail 3 weeks after I submitted my secondary, so I assume you will too.

Do I need to have my application verified before i can submit the secondary application, or do I just go on to the Marian.edu site and complete the secondary application on my own?

I submitted my primary application a while ago, but I only just got my MCAT score earlier in the week and submitted it to AACOMAS the same day.

I've had the secondary essays completed for a while now, but I thought that was because I received a secondary invite a while ago. I just checked my email inbox and as it turns out I have no received an invitation to submit the secondary application. So I guess that means that i just found the essay prompts here on SDN.

Hi guys, for those that interview here in the afternoon (1:50 pm slot), what time do you get out? I'm thinking of booking a flight leaving at 7:45pm. Do you think there's enough time to catch this flight?

I was wondering if there was any current students who wouldn't mind me messaging them. Just looking for some information on mucom!

I was wondering if there was any current students who wouldn't mind me messaging them. Just looking for some information on mucom!

I'm a first year at MUCOM; feel free to shoot me a message with any questions you have.

Reactions: 3 users
There's really no way to prepare for the MMI other than to know the setup, which they go over beforehand. Just be a normal articulate human and show you're able to critically think. I think it went fine

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does Marian have a dress code? Could any current students give us an idea of what a typical week is like for year 1 and 2?

Does Marian have a dress code? Could any current students give us an idea of what a typical week is like for year 1 and 2?
No dress code. The schedule changes every week but for first semester of first year we have lectures M-F and anatomy lab 3 days and that all happens between 8-12ish. Then Mondays and Tuesdays we have OMM and ICM, which depending upon what group you're in and/or the activity, could have you there until 5. That's at least the schedule until Thanksgiving when we transition to the first systems course and continue with ICM and OMM. Second year follows the same format, systems course + ICM & OMM, except you have ICM and OMM on Wednesday and Thursday.

Anybody complete 8/31 and still waiting to hear back? Definitely hoping for some love from this school!

Reactions: 4 users
I'm going to hit the 4 week mark since the "your application is complete" email. Anybody had a similar scenario? Did you email admissions regarding your status?

Thanks a lot :)

I'm going to hit the 4 week mark since the "your application is complete" email. Anybody had a similar scenario? Did you email admissions regarding your status?

I completed my secondary in late July and didn't hear anything until 09/16. That's approx 6/7 weeks. Never emailed admissions; figured it best to sweat it out.

Reactions: 2 users

Im past the 4 week mark as well, my guess is they're probably busier than expect. Im gonna wait another week or two then inquire.

After looking through last years threads this seemed to happen around this time as well

Just got an II!! complete end of September so really quick turnaround, LizzyM 65-67, from an adjacent state. :)

Does anyone know how quickly they get back to you if you get accepted and how long you have to put the deposit down?
Last year they were providing responses as soon as the next week and within 3 weeks, and they follow the deposit guidelines recommended by AACOMAS.

Whats up guys... Current 2nd year here. Just wanted to throw out that I am open to any questions you guys have! Feel free to PM me with anything y'all are curious about.

To those on the alternate list keep your head up and just be patient, I was in your shoes. Also, enjoy the ride guys. It goes by way too fast.