Marian University (MU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My status is exactly the same and I submitted around the same time as you. I sent an email to their administrative assistant so I'm hoping she'll get back to me soon. I'm wondering if it's because my physician letter didn't have a signature, but that was never in the requirements so I didn't think that would be the cause of the hold up.
I called and that's exactly the reason. They just had me fax the LOR with and official letter head or a signature straight to them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if admissions is still behind with letters of recommendation? They are showing up as incomplete on my portal...:(

Mine says the same thing but the other guy on here said it took him <2 weeks to be complete.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Mine says the same thing but the other guy on here said it took him <2 weeks to be complete.

It really just depends on who the reviewer is. Some are real quick, like 2 weeks or less, and others take longer, like up to 6 weeks.

Hi guys! I received the following email 2 weeks ago:
"At this time, your file is being forwarded to a member of our Admissions Committee who will decide if you are invited for a campus interview. This review typically takes at least 4 weeks; however, processing can take longer at certain times of the year. "
My question: Based on your experience, should I expect to be contacted in 4 weeks, really? Or should I expect more? Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi guys! I am a current re-applicant, currently in the MS Physiology program and IUSM in Indianapolis and hoping to stay here because a) I really like Marian, having an osteopathic school here in my home state and b) my husband is at the law school here! I received the following email 2 weeks ago:
"At this time, your file is being forwarded to a member of our Admissions Committee who will decide if you are invited for a campus interview. This review typically takes at least 4 weeks; however, processing can take longer at certain times of the year. "
My question: Based on your experience, should I expect to be contacted in 4 weeks, really? Or should I expect more? Thank you!

I received the email saying my application was complete on 9/28 and by 10/4 I already had an interview invite! I'm not sure if I was just really lucky or perhaps they aren't taking as long as they indicate in the initial email! They may also be busier now than they were a month ago though. Maybe someone else could be a bit more helpful than me sorry lol.

Is anyone else interviewing Friday 11/4? This will be my first ever interview so I'm crazy nervous/excited! Any advice is warmly welcomed!

Is anyone else interviewing Friday 11/4? This will be my first ever interview so I'm crazy nervous/excited! Any advice is warmly welcomed!
Just be yourself everyone at Marian is extremely nice your nerves will settle once you get into the swing of things

Further follow up I interviewed 10/7 waiting on my decision

Alt/Waitlisted via email this afternoon...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just put in my primary for this school... is that too late?

Email this morning saying I'll have my decision this week :nailbiting:

For the people that interviewed, which hotel did you guys sleep at?

So, I'm confused. I received an email to complete the secondary, then 10 minutes later I received an email saying I wasn't selected to submit the secondary. So does this mean they accidentally sent me the wrong email?

Just got put on hold. They said my application was slightly less competitive but they still want to keep it in consideration. Can someone comment on what my chances look like :(

Just got put on hold. They said my application was slightly less competitive but they still want to keep it in consideration. Can someone comment on what my chances look like :(

Just got put on hold too for my upcoming semester grades. Weird that they said my GPA was the issue when I thought it was my MCAT

"During our screening, your strong performance on the MCAT was observed. However, one aspect of your application—your GPA—is slightly less competitive than the committee would like in order to invite you to campus for an interview. As such, the committee is deferring a decision on a campus interview until it receives your most current semester grades. "

"During our screening, your strong performance on the MCAT was observed. However, one aspect of your application—your GPA—is slightly less competitive than the committee would like in order to invite you to campus for an interview. As such, the committee is deferring a decision on a campus interview until it receives your most current semester grades. "

Good luck. Hope it works out!

Mine said:

During our screening, your clear preparation for medical school, for which I congratulate you, was observed. However, your overall application is slightly less competitive than some other applicants, but the committee is still interested in your candidacy. As such, your application is on hold. The committee will review your application again in approximately one month, if not sooner.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. Thanks

Mine said:

During our screening, your clear preparation for medical school, for which I congratulate you, was observed. However, your overall application is slightly less competitive than some other applicants, but the committee is still interested in your candidacy. As such, your application is on hold. The committee will review your application again in approximately one month, if not sooner.

BEST OF LUCK! Hopefully we both hear something!

Reactions: 1 users
Mine said:

I got the same message and they got back to me in exactly 3 weeks. Good luck!!

It's nice that they gave such detailed feedback! I hope it works out for you!

Reactions: 1 users
3.5/3.1 sGPA 509 MCAT. Don't want to discourage you but my reply was not good news. Hope you get better news that I did!

There's still a chance and you can still get that II! Best of luck!
If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete and what are your stats?

There's still a chance and you can still get that II! Best of luck!
If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete and what are your stats?

501 MCAT with 3.68 cGPA. Solid ECs and LORs. I was complete 9/28. Hoping for the best

Was anyone else really impressed with the facilities? Everything is so new and shiny.

The tour guide today was hilarious and the interviews were a blast!

Great interview experience today. I really liked the facility and the admissions committee is unbelievably transparent about how their selection works. (literarily a 20 min. presentation detailing how they operate lol). The facility is very state of the art and the area is so nice... Honestly the most enjoyable interview I have been to so far, (maybe it is because I'm used to it now and not nervous, idk). If I get in here its going to be a tough call tho, and I thought I had my mind made up.

Reactions: 3 users

Really at a loss for words regarding this. All I can hope is that some good comes out of it. They clearly have some policies that need to be both put in place and adequately enforced to prevent/ reprimand anything like this ever again. My support goes out to the victim of this incident; I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to voice concern when it's a fight just to get an acceptance. That takes immense courage.