Midwestern University - Arizona c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you know if we were interviewed in september when we will hear back about acceptance?

Depends on the block you were a part of, in the past they’ve done every 4 weeks of interviews as groups and assessed and sent out info thereafter.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year I submitted my app in the middle of August. I was initially placed on an interview waitlist by mid September. Received an interview invite st the beginning of October. Interviewed on Halloween and was offered a position around thanksgiving. Just be patient guys! I also have friends who applied around the same time as me and got interviewed in January/ February and were also offered positions a few weeks afterwards!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
do you know if we were interviewed in september when we will hear back about acceptance?

You’ll probably hear within a month or so. They do rolling admissions so they wait until they get through an entire interview cycle (about 4 interview days) before they release decisions for whichever group is in question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for all the responses! for all of those who were wondering I contacted admissions and they said decisions will be posted tomorrow. October 1st for those who interviewed in September. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for all the responses! for all of those who were wondering I contacted admissions and they said decisions will be posted tomorrow. October 1st for those who interviewed in September. Good luck!
did they say what time?

Around how long on average does the interview last?
The interview itself took 30 minutes but the day we went to interview was a full day from 7-3 consisting of a student panel, campus tours, the interview, lunch, hospital tours, and then a financial aid session!

Reactions: 1 users
The interview itself took 30 minutes but the day we went to interview was a full day from 7-3 consisting of a student panel, campus tours, the interview, lunch, hospital tours, and then a financial aid session!
Thank you so much for the information! That sounds like a pretty fun day :)

Hey I’m so sorry I guys but I contacted admissions again today and the lady said they did meet but they gave me wrong information and that they still have to meet with the dean to approve. And that lady didn’t give me answer sorry about that I think I spoke to someone there that gave me wrong information. But hey! The admissions committee did meet so that’s a plus the dean just has to sign off. Good luck!!

You guys, my portal just got updated and I interviewed in September! Everyone check :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Its an amazing school! I am so glad i chose Midwestern.

I hope I give some good advice to people: I could swear I had the worst interview when I went to midwestern. I stumbled around a lot and wasn’t sure about a lot of questions. Don’t get down if you don’t have the best interview my portal was just updated with accepted and I couldn’t be more happy!! Don’t give up a lot of it is in your head because you would have never made it this far if you weren’t amazing just be the best person you can be and best of luck

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I hope I give some good advice to people: I could swear I had the worst interview when I went to midwestern. I stumbled around a lot and wasn’t sure about a lot of questions. Don’t get down if you don’t have the best interview my portal was just updated with accepted and I couldn’t be more happy!! Don’t give up a lot of it is in your head because you would have never made it this far if you weren’t amazing just be the best person you can be and best of luck
Congratulations!!!

Wow what a great day!!! So happy for you and everyone else!!!

How long did it take for some of you put on interview waitlist to be invited for a interview? I was waitlisted 9/20 and I am just getting anxious ;w;

I still haven’t even gotten a response haha. Which makes me even more anxious.

Reactions: 6 users
I still haven’t even gotten a response haha. Which makes me even more anxious.
Me neither! I need to stop compulsively checking my email :whistle:

Has anyone gotten interview invites or any response from midwestern this week? Not sure when to expect to hear, my app has been submitted for a while.

Just got notified today that I got accepted! :)

Submitted VMCAS application 8/10/19
Interviewed 9/25/19

Congrats agra9982! So excited for you. Has to feel amazing - ENJOY IT!!

Anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be sent out? Should know better by now, but I’m still constantly checking my emails and sdn haha.

Anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be sent out? Should know better by now, but I’m still constantly checking my emails and sdn haha.
I received an invitation to an interview first one being 10/16 and last date 10/30. My application was verified 9/3.

I just got a wait list interview email. I'm a little sad but I wonder if it's because I'm missing a prerequisite and I don't have it shown anywhere as a planned course

Still waiting for any sort of response haha.

Reactions: 5 users
I just got interview waitlisted as well. So at least I have heard from them now although it's not the news I was hoping for. For anyone familiar with the process could we truly be taken off the interview waitlist at anytime or is it more likely for it to be towards the end of the cycle?

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I also received an interview waitlist. I am pretty disappointed to hear this because I was interview waitlisted last year and never heard from them again.

I just got interview waitlisted as well. So at least I have heard from them now although it's not the news I was hoping for. For anyone familiar with the process could we truly be taken off the interview waitlist at anytime or is it more likely for it to be towards the end of the cycle?

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
As a disclaimer, when I applied to Midwestern several years ago, I wasn't personally placed on the interview waitlist but I knew applicants who were. But from what I understand and what they relayed to me, while you theoretically can be called off anytime, it is most likely to happen more towards the end of the cycle. Unfortunately, some people just don't get called off at all; I believe that it's contingent upon there still being vacancies in the class after admissions has already gone through the accepted applicants and the post-interview waitlist first.

@FrostySparrow can probably confirm or correct me if I am wrong.

I also received an interview waitlist. I am pretty disappointed to hear this because I was interview waitlisted last year and never heard from them again.
Same here. Last year I never heard from them again... definitely felt like wasted money *sigh*

For those who were waitlisted when did you submit your app?

Still waiting for any sort of response haha.
Don't worry, I haven't gotten any sort of response either! When were your applications submitted and did you receive an email?

Don't worry, I haven't gotten any sort of response either! When were your applications submitted and did you receive an email?
Submitted and verified mid August.

As a disclaimer, when I applied to Midwestern several years ago, I wasn't personally placed on the interview waitlist but I knew applicants who were. But from what I understand and what they relayed to me, while you theoretically can be called off anytime, it is most likely to happen more towards the end of the cycle. Unfortunately, some people just don't get called off at all; I believe that it's contingent upon there still being vacancies in the class after admissions has already gone through the accepted applicants and the post-interview waitlist first.

@FrostySparrow can probably confirm or correct me if I am wrong.

Totally correct! Some of my classmates were pulled off the interview waitlist and then offered acceptances. I was interviewed and placed on the alternate list and was still offered a seat. Not a reason to lose hope imo.

For those still waiting for a response, don't worry! Last year i submitted August 26th and didn't hear anything until Thanksgiving when i was offered a interview!

I’m so tempted to give them a call and ask, but at the same time I don’t want to come across as pushy. The waiting is honestly the worst part. I just don’t know if no news is a good thing or is that just false hope talking.

The waiting is honestly the worst part.

I didn’t even apply to Midwestern but I’m stalking y’all’s thread because it’s active. That’s how much the waiting is killing me :rofl:

Reactions: 6 users
I didn’t even apply to Midwestern but I’m stalking y’all’s thread because it’s active. That’s how much the waiting is killing me :rofl:
I can so relate!

They ghosted you?
Somewhat? They had sent me a few emails just as a reminder that I was still on the interview waitlist... then eventually I just never received anything anymore and classes started :hungover:
I was heavily debating reapplying here because of that/it’s expensive but I got good grades and got some new experiences so I figured why not... hopefully this year goes a bit better though! :xf: