Midwestern University - Arizona c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know it is still early in the game but I am curious...Does midwestern have a dresscode?

I know it is still early in the game but I am curious...Does midwestern have a dresscode?
Yes it does. We wear business casual Monday - Thursday with most fridays just being casual.

Yes it does. We wear business casual Monday - Thursday with most fridays just being casual.

Friday casual still having some restrictions. You can wear jeans on fridays but should still wear nice shoes and a business casual shirt (like a blouse) or a Midwestern shirt (from the bookstore or clubs).
No scrubs outside of anatomy lab/surgery, and for other labs it’s dependent on species (I.e. coveralls and boots for cows only...and jeans/t-shirt or scrub top/scrubs for horses).

The business casual isn’t campus wide and only applies to two programs. Dress code isn’t really that bad; current students will have skits and activities dedicated to helping the incoming class learn these things in more depth during orientation.

Hi guys! I haven't heard from Midwestern yet and wanted to make sure there wasn't a issue with my profile. What documents do you have listed under your Application Checklist? Let me know, thanks and good luck with everything!

Hi guys! I haven't heard from Midwestern yet and wanted to make sure there wasn't a issue with my profile. What documents do you have listed under your Application Checklist? Let me know, thanks and good luck with everything!
I just have my LOR, haven’t heard anything either.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone still waiting for invites, make sure to check your portals! I did not receive an email but logged on and was able to pick a time today!

Reactions: 1 users
Still nothing for me :dead:

For those of you who have decided to attend midwestern, are you able to find vet med apparel on midwestern's website?! I want to celebrate and buy a sweater, but for the life of me I can't find any veterinary-related sweatshirts.

Just got an email putting me on a waitlist for an interview. Kinda nervous because I feel like if I didn’t get an interview for midwestern, I’m not going to get one for other schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email putting me on a waitlist for an interview. Kinda nervous because I feel like if I didn’t get an interview for midwestern, I’m not going to get one for other schools

Don’t preemptively stress about it! Each school looks for different things and while to one school you may be a bronze, to another you may be a gold!

Reactions: 4 users
I was also put on the interview waitlist this morning. Does anyone have any insight as to what time in the cycle they tend to pull people off/reject people? Or is it typically random?

I was also put on the interview waitlist this morning. Does anyone have any insight as to what time in the cycle they tend to pull people off/reject people? Or is it typically random?
While you theoretically can be pulled off at any time, I wouldn’t expect any more news until closer to the end of the cycle. Midwestern runs through the accepted applicants first, then the post-interview waitlist, and then they will start interviewing and accepting people off of the interview waitlist until all vacancies in the class are filled.

Reactions: 2 users
Does this mean anyone who hasnt heard a thing or even made it the wait list is just getting a straight rejection? :nailbiting:

First time applicant submitted 9/10 , I received an invitation for interview EARLY this morning. Interview set for 12/12/18!

Last edited:
I did not receive an email but I just checked my portal and I have an interview to schedule! I checked it this morning and nothing was there so they are definitely rolling them out as we speak! :)

Reactions: 2 users
I did not receive an email but I just checked my portal and I have an interview to schedule! I checked it this morning and nothing was there so they are definitely rolling them out as we speak! :)
Same! no notification and no message waiting but when I clicked on interview scheduling I had an invite!

Still nothing on my portal :(

To those who have already interviewed - What time were you finished with all of the planned activities? My portal just notes it as a Morning interview with no schedule emailed to me yet. I would like to start booking a return flight for the same day before prices go up! :)

To those who have already interviewed - What time were you finished with all of the planned activities? My portal just notes it as a Morning interview with no schedule emailed to me yet. I would like to start booking a return flight for the same day before prices go up! :)
When you confirm they send you an email saying that you should expect to stay until 3 pm.

When you confirm they send you an email saying that you should expect to stay until 3 pm.
Hmm odd, I never got a confirmation email! -- Thanks for letting me know :)

Hmm odd, I never got a confirmation email! -- Thanks for letting me know :)
Do you have an email listed on the confirmation page? Email I got is attached

Attachments

• BCFE7013-C2FB-45E5-A1E5-25C99F9FF2CC.png
    BCFE7013-C2FB-45E5-A1E5-25C99F9FF2CC.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 103
Do you have an email listed on the confirmation page? Email I got is attached
Hmm I do, it says it will send, guess it just never did. I’ll send them an email to retrieve it. Thanks for sending it though!!

Anyone know what it means for the admissions committee to "put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation"

Does this mean I am on the waitlist? The email read like that but the word "waitlist" was never used.

Anyone know what it means for the admissions committee to "put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation"

Does this mean I am on the waitlist? The email read like that but the word "waitlist" was never used.
It sounds like you are on the waitlist for an interview.

Yep, I got one too. The dreaded “interview waitlist”. It’s pretty much a “we like you so try again” rejection. I’ve never heard of anyone coming off an interview waitlist and getting an interview. Has anyone?

Yep, I got one too. The dreaded “interview waitlist”. It’s pretty much a “we like you so try again” rejection. I’ve never heard of anyone coming off an interview waitlist and getting an interview. Has anyone?

Several of my classmates have. I was also on the accepted student waitlist (they call it the “alternate” list). No reason to take it as flat out rejection!

Several of my classmates have. I was also on the accepted student waitlist (they call it the “alternate” list). No reason to take it as flat out rejection!
Thank you for this sliver of hope! :)

Did any of the people who interviewed on 10/29 or 10/30 get a response yet? I'm trying to figure out when they will get back to me on a decision since they said they usually meet about every 3 interview dates.

Did any of the people who interviewed on 10/29 or 10/30 get a response yet? I'm trying to figure out when they will get back to me on a decision since they said they usually meet about every 3 interview dates.
I interviewed on the 29th and haven’t heard anything but I was told to expect to hear something in 3 weeks, which would be next week.

I too interviewed then, haven't heard either.

Approximately how many other candidates will be there interviewing on each day? And what are opinions on bringing a guest or not?

Approximately how many other candidates will be there interviewing on each day? And what are opinions on bringing a guest or not?
There were 18 of us the day that I interviewed and very few of us had a guest. It was definitely acceptable, but I wanted to get to know other candidates, so I chose not to bring a guest.

I think it definitely is more than okay to bring a guest. I brought my husband because the vet school I decide to go to is a decision I want to include him in. From experience bring your guest at 12, or else they’ll be sitting around all day.

It’s not that common to bring a guest with you but it is acceptable to do so. Midwestern provided free lunch to guests that came and they were able to come on the tour. It’s a lot more common for international school interviews to have guests come (even when they are held in the states). The only thing with bringing a guest in my opinion is that it’s more difficult to speak with other applicants since you’re with your parents or whoever.

Just letting everyone know I checked my portal on a whim, and it was updated with an accepted student checklist! I interviewed on 10/30, so 10/29, 10/30, and people who interviewed a couple of dates after that should be getting news soon if not already! I have not received a call or email from Midwestern yet. I am IS, WICHE certified btw.

Just letting everyone know I checked my portal on a whim, and it was updated with an accepted student checklist! I interviewed on 10/30, so 10/29, 10/30, and people who interviewed a couple of dates after that should be getting news soon if not already! I have not received a call or email from Midwestern yet. I am IS, WICHE certified btw.
Congratulations!! Do you have all your perquisites completed by the way? My portal updated that I needed to complete biochemistry, which I’m currently taking, for my application to be completed. I already interviewed but I’m confused as to why it would update with this new information.

Congratulations!! Do you have all your perquisites completed by the way? My portal updated that I needed to complete biochemistry, which I’m currently taking, for my application to be completed. I already interviewed but I’m confused as to why it would update with this new information.
I do not have all of my prereqs completed. I am taking physics currently this year, and my portal has an "x" next to it, indicating that I have not completed it yet. I believe it means that as long as I complete that requirement by spring 2020, I will be good to start in fall 2020! There are also X's next to a couple of forms that need to be completed for matriculation (an Agreement form and Technical Standards form), as well as one next to my transcript from my undergrad (completed transcript).

I do not have all of my prereqs completed. I am taking physics currently this year, and my portal has an "x" next to it, indicating that I have not completed it yet. I believe it means that as long as I complete that requirement by spring 2020, I will be good to start in fall 2020! There are also X's next to a couple of forms that need to be completed for matriculation (an Agreement form and Technical Standards form), as well as one next to my transcript from my undergrad (completed transcript).
Cool thanks! Btw what is the tuition you pay through WICHE for midwestern if you don’t mind me asking. I wasn’t aware that Midwestern accepted WHICHE.

@jenjen2020 Should everyone who got interviewed on 10/30 have gotten a response today? My application portal has nothing updated on it.

congratulations!!!!!!! where in your portal did you see this update?

@jenjen2020 Should everyone who got interviewed on 10/30 have gotten a response today? My application portal has nothing updated on it.
I am also curious about this. I interviewed on the 29th, and I don't know if anyone who interviewed on that date has heard anything either? The waiting is driving me nuts.

I am also curious about this. I interviewed on the 29th, and I don't know if anyone who interviewed on that date has heard anything either? The waiting is driving me nuts.
I interviewed on the 29th and the only thing that updated was my applicant checklist telling me I had to finish biochemistry. Nothing under the accepted checklist tab.

Cool thanks! Btw what is the tuition you pay through WICHE for midwestern if you don’t mind me asking. I wasn’t aware that Midwestern accepted WHICHE.
So because WICHE including Midwestern is so new, I'm not sure! I have heard WICHE for public schools basically allows students to have IS tuition if they are OOS, and for private schools students would receive discounted tuition, although I am not sure by how much.

congratulations!!!!!!! where in your portal did you see this update?
On the first screen after I logged in, the right-hand column's second box is titled "Accepted Student Checklist" and has a bullet point list of things I still need to do (mentioned in another reply above).

I have no idea if everyone on those dates will receive anything or have changes reflected on their portals today only. I also still have not been contacted by admissions, so maybe they are finishing up the process of sending out acceptances in the next few days. I was originally told on my interview date (10/30) that we should be hearing back in 3 weeks, and this Wednesday is 3 weeks from that date.

Nothing on my portal has changed at all yet. Here's to hoping I get some sort of notification tomorrow.