Pre-Veterinary

FrostySparrow

c/o 2022
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2017
Status
Veterinary Student
Yes it does. We wear business casual Monday - Thursday with most fridays just being casual.
Friday casual still having some restrictions. You can wear jeans on fridays but should still wear nice shoes and a business casual shirt (like a blouse) or a Midwestern shirt (from the bookstore or clubs).
No scrubs outside of anatomy lab/surgery, and for other labs it’s dependent on species (I.e. coveralls and boots for cows only...and jeans/t-shirt or scrub top/scrubs for horses).

The business casual isn’t campus wide and only applies to two programs. Dress code isn’t really that bad; current students will have skits and activities dedicated to helping the incoming class learn these things in more depth during orientation.

Sep 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Hi guys! I haven't heard from Midwestern yet and wanted to make sure there wasn't a issue with my profile. What documents do you have listed under your Application Checklist? Let me know, thanks and good luck with everything!

Sep 16, 2019
Anyone still waiting for invites, make sure to check your portals! I did not receive an email but logged on and was able to pick a time today!

Reactions: wustlprevet2024
Oct 28, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
For those of you who have decided to attend midwestern, are you able to find vet med apparel on midwestern's website?! I want to celebrate and buy a sweater, but for the life of me I can't find any veterinary-related sweatshirts.

Sep 4, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Just got an email putting me on a waitlist for an interview. Kinda nervous because I feel like if I didn’t get an interview for midwestern, I’m not going to get one for other schools

Reactions: zoogrl29

EngrSC

7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2012
Right Coast
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Just got an email putting me on a waitlist for an interview. Kinda nervous because I feel like if I didn’t get an interview for midwestern, I’m not going to get one for other schools
Don’t preemptively stress about it! Each school looks for different things and while to one school you may be a bronze, to another you may be a gold!

Apr 15, 2018
I was also put on the interview waitlist this morning. Does anyone have any insight as to what time in the cycle they tend to pull people off/reject people? Or is it typically random?

Elkhart

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2015
Status
Non-Student
I was also put on the interview waitlist this morning. Does anyone have any insight as to what time in the cycle they tend to pull people off/reject people? Or is it typically random?
While you theoretically can be pulled off at any time, I wouldn’t expect any more news until closer to the end of the cycle. Midwestern runs through the accepted applicants first, then the post-interview waitlist, and then they will start interviewing and accepting people off of the interview waitlist until all vacancies in the class are filled.

Oct 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Does this mean anyone who hasnt heard a thing or even made it the wait list is just getting a straight rejection? :nailbiting:

Oct 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
First time applicant submitted 9/10 , I received an invitation for interview EARLY this morning. Interview set for 12/12/18!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gal2015

chris2090

7+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2011
Status
Pre-Veterinary
To those who have already interviewed - What time were you finished with all of the planned activities? My portal just notes it as a Morning interview with no schedule emailed to me yet. I would like to start booking a return flight for the same day before prices go up! :)

Jul 23, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
To those who have already interviewed - What time were you finished with all of the planned activities? My portal just notes it as a Morning interview with no schedule emailed to me yet. I would like to start booking a return flight for the same day before prices go up! :)
When you confirm they send you an email saying that you should expect to stay until 3 pm.

Sep 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Anyone know what it means for the admissions committee to "put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation"

Does this mean I am on the waitlist? The email read like that but the word "waitlist" was never used.

zoogrl29

2+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Anyone know what it means for the admissions committee to "put your application on hold pending possible future interview invitation"

Does this mean I am on the waitlist? The email read like that but the word "waitlist" was never used.
Yep, I got one too. The dreaded “interview waitlist”. It’s pretty much a “we like you so try again” rejection. I’ve never heard of anyone coming off an interview waitlist and getting an interview. Has anyone?

FrostySparrow

c/o 2022
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2017
Status
Veterinary Student
Yep, I got one too. The dreaded “interview waitlist”. It’s pretty much a “we like you so try again” rejection. I’ve never heard of anyone coming off an interview waitlist and getting an interview. Has anyone?
Several of my classmates have. I was also on the accepted student waitlist (they call it the “alternate” list). No reason to take it as flat out rejection!

Dec 6, 2017
Status
Pre-Veterinary
Did any of the people who interviewed on 10/29 or 10/30 get a response yet? I'm trying to figure out when they will get back to me on a decision since they said they usually meet about every 3 interview dates.

Jun 6, 2019
Did any of the people who interviewed on 10/29 or 10/30 get a response yet? I'm trying to figure out when they will get back to me on a decision since they said they usually meet about every 3 interview dates.
I interviewed on the 29th and haven’t heard anything but I was told to expect to hear something in 3 weeks, which would be next week.