Midwestern University c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just went on interview waitlist, I feel like that is so late in the game.
Me too, just received the email. The good thing is they told me that if I get an invitation it will be via email, now I won't have to log in to that portal every day😅

Members don't see this ad.

Me too, just received the email. The good thing is they told me that if I get an invitation it will be via email, now I won't have to log in to that portal every day😅
same, just got the email 🥲

I just went on interview waitlist, I feel like that is so late in the game.
Me too! I hadn't heard a thing from them since I submitted my application in August, so I just assumed I wasn't being considered any longer. I agree it feels so late.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got the waitlist email too😭 so many people are on the waitlist for interview… does that mean we are at the end

Reactions: 1 users
I know this is a different year, but a recent Midwestern vet graduate I work with said she didn’t get an interview until March. Looks like the most recent interviews are set for the beginning of February, so if it’s anything like the last few years, there’s still time!

Is it possible to still be removed from the alternative list and offered a spot?

Is it possible to still be removed from the alternative list and offered a spot?
Yes it is. I am also on the alternate list and when I called them they said it’s possible to be pulled anytime from now till even 2 weeks into the school year.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed on 11/30 heard anything yet?

Yes it is. I am also on the alternate list and when I called them they said it’s possible to be pulled anytime from now till even 2 weeks into the school year.
That givens me some hope. When was your interview? Mine was in October

I was waitlisted and received an interview invitation today via email! Finally!

Members don't see this ad :)
How much time do the interviews take? And do we have to participate in the different events during that day? I just saw the "Virtual Interview Day Schedule" but it's for the 21-22 cycle, so I don't know if they're doing it like that for this cycle.

Does anyone know roughly how many people are currently on the alternative list?

Do we think that the class is full since people have now been placed on the alternative list? I was really hoping I’d have a chance at an acceptance but with each day passing I lose more and more hope 😫

Do we think that the class is full since people have now been placed on the alternative list? I was really hoping I’d have a chance at an acceptance but with each day passing I lose more and more hope 😫
Have you tried calling them ?

Do we think that the class is full since people have now been placed on the alternative list? I was really hoping I’d have a chance at an acceptance but with each day passing I lose more and more hope

Not necessarily. There are people with multiple acceptances who are still waiting for a couple more schools before making their final decisions!

I have a Midwestern and Colorado acceptance but my interview at my IS school isn’t until next week so I have no idea where I’m going yet. The alternative list should see some movement but probably not until closer to the April deadline for most schools when people start accepting their seats elsewhere!

Oka guys my fingers are crossed for this week since when I called for an update a couple of weeks ago they told me the committee would be meeting on the 17th .! 😬😬😬

How much time do the interviews take? And do we have to participate in the different events during that day? I just saw the "Virtual Interview Day Schedule" but it's for the 21-22 cycle, so I don't know if they're doing it like that for this cycle.
Can someone who has interviewed answer this? Pleaseee and thank you!! <3

Me too! I hadn't heard a thing from them since I submitted my application in August, so I just assumed I wasn't being considered any longer. I agree it feels so late.
Can someone who has interviewed answer this? Pleaseee and thank you!! <3
My interview was around 35 minutes, very relaxed and conversational. I had the worst MMI interview moments from LMU so I was super nervous, but I felt like they loved listening to my words.

I think for the first 2 hours you watch their school presentation followe by a Q&A session. Then you break out into a room to wait for interviewers to come.

Once finished, you're good to go and you can exit zoom.

So just called to get an update and the most recent meeting was canceled and it’s unsure when the next one will be 🫠 Could be looking At February for the next set of decisions 😑

• Wow
So just called to get an update and the most recent meeting was canceled and it’s unsure when the next one will be 🫠 Could be looking At February for the next set of decisions 😑
Omg I’m going to lose my mind 😫 this is so stressful!!!

My interview was around 35 minutes, very relaxed and conversational. I had the worst MMI interview moments from LMU so I was super nervous, but I felt like they loved listening to my words.

I think for the first 2 hours you watch their school presentation followe by a Q&A session. Then you break out into a room to wait for interviewers to come.

Once finished, you're good to go and you can exit zoom.
Thank you!! But this is not a MMI, right?

Does anybody know the acceptance rate for those who got interviews? Looking at the past couple years’ threads, it seems like most people who got interviews got accepted, if not all. I’m just trying to prepare for mine and worry I’ll screw it up

Does anybody know the acceptance rate for those who got interviews? Looking at the past couple years’ threads, it seems like most people who got interviews got accepted, if not all. I’m just trying to prepare for mine and worry I’ll screw it up
The way it was explained to me is- for each interview for their 120-person class, they will interview 160 people. So I think after the interview, you have around a 25% chance.

Midwestern just emailed me and offered me a transfer application into another program 😭😭 like what I hate that

that’s what i’m wondering… but i mean wouldnt they need to send an actual email
updating us of our personal status?
Mine said “ Although you haven’t received a favorable response in the program” makes me feel like I’m rejected 😅

Midwestern just emailed me and offered me a transfer application into another program 😭😭 like what I hate that
Same! I was thinking I'd like to be a vet but I guess podiatry or pharmacist will work out. :rofl:

• Haha
for those who interviewed, was it behavioral based questions or ethical based ?

was it very conversational? or very strict and formal
Mine was a bit ago, but it was probably the most formal interview I’ve had so far. Most of my others were more conversational. But, I think others had varying experiences depending on who they were interviewing with! Overall it wasn’t bad though.

Mine was a bit ago, but it was probably the most formal interview I’ve had so far. Most of my others were more conversational. But, I think others had varying experiences depending on who they were interviewing with! Overall it wasn’t bad though.
i have mine next week and i just have no idea what to expect ! any group interviews or just one on one?

was it very conversational? or very strict and formal
Definitely more formal "ask and answer". No input from the interviewers until the very end. One of my interviewers appeared to be in a poor mood which was very intimidating. The other was inviting enough, but it was certainly not conversational. I also had technical difficulties the first few minutes (lost connection twice ) so I was pretty rattled, but I received an acceptance so don't fret too much if anything goes wrong out of your control.

Definitely more formal "ask and answer". No input from the interviewers until the very end. One of my interviewers appeared to be in a poor mood which was very intimidating. The other was inviting enough, but it was certainly not conversational. I also had technical difficulties the first few minutes (lost connection twice ) so I was pretty rattled, but I received an acceptance so don't fret too much if anything goes wrong out of your control.
thank you so much for this input !! 😊