Mizzou c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone else get the second reminder email today about interviews this weekend? Do I need to respond or anything, or are they just reminding all of us again as a courtesy? Just wanna make sure
I also got a second reminder, I think it’s just as a courtesy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Mizzou updates/notify us when they receive our acceptance forms in the mail?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

This is my last interview and sort of “make it or break it” since I have no backup options really (only some waitlists) & it’s my in state school. Extremely nervous for Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick question for current students/especially 3rd and 4th years, I know Columbia is a small/mid size town but do you guys fill the school gets a heavy case load, like do you get a good variety of cases and plenty to see or are there times where there are no cases and you guys sit around?

we just chill on neuro. sit around and stuff.

This is my last interview and sort of “make it or break it” since I have no backup options really (only some waitlists) & it’s my in state school. Extremely nervous for Saturday

Same! You got this!

For anyone looking for housing, I will be looking for a roommate. I will have 1 bedroom/1 bathroom available in a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom townhouse. I am female and would prefer to rent with another female but wouldn’t be opposed to renting with a male student if it seems like a good fit. The available bedroom is not a master bedroom, but the bathroom would be just yours even though it isn’t directly connected to the bedroom (if that makes sense). You would be allowed one pet with no pet fees required. Only requirement is that they have to get along with my chiweenie and my cat (both of whom love other animals). The landlords are both recent veterinary school grads and are super nice. They take care of lawn upkeep, we just have to shovel our side of the driveway after snow. Available to rent as early as June 1st. PM me for more details!

Now to wait till March 21 (ish) I didn’t get to really talk to anyone but I hope everyone had a good experience!!

Reactions: 2 users
Random question! I already accepted my seat but I am just curious what the dress code is for Preclinical IPs. I looked at the student handbook, is it just business casual?

Random question! I already accepted my seat but I am just curious what the dress code is for Preclinical IPs. I looked at the student handbook, is it just business casual?

You can wear jeans and T-shirts/hoodies as long as they don’t have inappropriate messages or content. Basically just no sweatpants or leggings is the main rule. Obviously you can dress up more if you don’t like wearing just jeans and T-shirt.

You also can’t wear hats in exams or lectures.

Yes at the student panel they said business casual! One of them said it is totally fine to wear jeans and a shirt most days and in certain parts of the school you have to actually dress business casual. No athletic wear and no scrubs to class :)

Yes at the student panel they said business casual! One of them said it is totally fine to wear jeans and a shirt most days and in certain parts of the school you have to actually dress business casual. No athletic wear and no scrubs to class :)
Not that it couldn't have changed since I left, but when I was there, business casual was only required during clinics on specific rotations. Otherwise during the lecture years you can 100% wear what most people would consider casual- I normally wore hoodies and comfy jeans with sneakers to class. Others wore jean shorts with a t-shirt or a blouse. If you looked at our class as a whole ~95% of people wore jeans and a t-shirt most days. The only thing they were sticky about were PJ bottoms, yoga pants, scrubs, or athletic short-shorts. When you get into clinics there are some rotations that require business casual, though others have you wear scrubs or coveralls. Thankfully each rotation has those expectations lined out for you before you get there so it's pretty easy to know what you have to wear.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that it couldn't have changed since I left, but when I was there, business casual was only required during clinics on specific rotations. Otherwise during the lecture years you can 100% wear what most people would consider casual- I normally wore hoodies and comfy jeans with sneakers to class. Others wore jean shorts with a t-shirt or a blouse. If you looked at our class as a whole ~95% of people wore jeans and a t-shirt most days. The only thing they were sticky about were PJ bottoms, yoga pants, scrubs, or athletic short-shorts. When you get into clinics there are some rotations that require business casual, though others have you wear scrubs or coveralls. Thankfully each rotation has those expectations lined out for you before you get there so it's pretty easy to know what you have to wear.

Thank you! I’m (im)patiently waiting till March 21st to find out if be attending here. I absolutely loved the school

Thank you! I’m (im)patiently waiting till March 21st to find out if be attending here. I absolutely loved the school
Awesome, good luck! If you have any other questions feel free to post them here or PM me.

Does anybody here know What are the best apartments/TownHomes to say in. Preferably close to campus?

Do you guys think since the 21 is a Saturday that we will probably hear the 20th instead? I’m so anxious and ready for the decision band aid to be ripped off

Just curious if anyone knows when the facebook page will be started for this year! I am starting to look for housing, and I figure this might be the best way to go about it.

Has anyone thought about the possibility of the coronavirus affecting the class starting this coming fall? Seems like a lot of schools are considering switching to online classes only, for the remaining of this semester atleast.

Has anyone thought about the possibility of the coronavirus affecting the class starting this coming fall? Seems like a lot of schools are considering switching to online classes only, for the remaining of this semester atleast.
Hopefully it will be under control by then. I know Mizzou is online for the next few weeks at least right now

While I really liked Missouri, I can’t turn down my instate school. Submitting my paperwork so someone off the waitlist can have my spot! Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to working with some of you in the future.

Any indication or new info about when IS decisions will go out?

Can anyone speak on housing with a pet and around the Columbia area, are there breed or size restrictions for dogs? Any other info is super helpful!

IS rejected... my application really wasn’t THAT bad tho

In state alternate, #8

Does anyone know how much the in state waitlist has moved in the past? I’m trying to find info but I’m not seeing anything so maybe they don’t release that info?

For those who are still needing to sent in their acceptance packet with the new requirement to email it, how are doing this without access to a scanner?

For those who are still needing to sent in their acceptance packet with the new requirement to email it, how are doing this without access to a scanner?

There are scanning apps. The one I use is called Tiny Scanner and it works great! You just take a picture and it saves it as a PDF that you can email to yourself and save on your computer.

There are scanning apps. The one I use is called Tiny Scanner and it works great! You just take a picture and it saves it as a PDF that you can email to yourself and save on your computer.

Thanks so much!

Does anyone know how much the in state waitlist has moved in the past? I’m trying to find info but I’m not seeing anything so maybe they don’t release that info?

My mom asked Kathy Seay and she said that the waitlist maybe takes 1 or 2 if even that :(

My mom asked Kathy Seay and she said that the waitlist maybe takes 1 or 2 if even that :(

I did find info that it moved 5 last year and 8 the year before, so I am trying to be optimistic!

I just officially emailed in my offer acceptance paperwork via email! Has anyone else done this yet? Do they send a confirmation?

Update: They do! Got it back within 30 minutes actually!

Last edited:
Does anyone know when we will hear about financial aid and scholarship offers? I know the one scholarship they emailed out recently that was new we will find out by April 8th if we got it, but do we hear back about other scholarships this day as well? Thanks!

Does anybody know the specifics about gaining residency as an OOS student? My plan is to move/begin a lease in august. Would it still be possible to get in-state tuition for the first semester of the second year?

Does anybody know the specifics about gaining residency as an OOS student? My plan is to move/begin a lease in august. Would it still be possible to get in-state tuition for the first semester of the second year?
Yes there was a sheet about it in your packet you should have got at your interview.

Did anyone apply and hear back about the new scholarship for freshmen?

Just declined my OOS acceptance. :( I really loved the school. Good luck to anybody on the waitlist! You got this! :luck:

Reactions: 1 users
Just declined my OOS acceptance. :( I really loved the school. Good luck to anybody on the waitlist! You got this! :luck:
Same here! Hoping they can move the alternate list before the 15th :giggle:

I have been waitlisted at three schools- Mississippi State, LMU, and Missouri. Missouri is my number one choice, and I am really hoping that I get pulled from the waitlist. It is OOS for me. Does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist moves and if they have already started pulling from it or if they are waiting until after April 15th?

I have been waitlisted at three schools- Mississippi State, LMU, and Missouri. Missouri is my number one choice, and I am really hoping that I get pulled from the waitlist. It is OOS for me. Does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist moves and if they have already started pulling from it or if they are waiting until after April 15th?
I don’t know how fast it moves, but the person I would contact is Kathy Seay [email protected]

I just declined my OOS acceptance. I absolutely loved this school but I am going to attend my in state school. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

Hi all! I’m feeling curious - has anyone on the OOS waitlist been contacted yet?

Hi all! I’m feeling curious - has anyone on the OOS waitlist been contacted yet?

I have not! I am on OOS and have not been able to get any info what so ever. It does not sound like anyone has been pulled off the waitlist. I know they over-accepted. They said they filled their class on the 15th.

I have not! I am on OOS and have not been able to get any info what so ever. It does not sound like anyone has been pulled off the waitlist. I know they over-accepted. They said they filled their class on the 15th.
I think they over accepted as well. I thought the class size was like 120 but there seems to be way more in the facebook group i’m in rn

I think they over accepted as well. I thought the class size was like 120 but there seems to be way more in the facebook group i’m in rn

Could there be any current cvm students in the facebook group?