NYMC vs EVMS vs Tulane

Started by nj3444
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj3444

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, was just wondering what your thoughts were on these schools. Am still trying to rank them! Thanks
 
Tulane has better stats (higher MCAT and GPA) than NYMC and EVMS. Your also probably increasing your chances of getting the residency you want.

Definitely go to Tulane if you're planning to pick up a dual degree or if you have a strong interest in public health. If that's not you're thing it's a closer decision. If your eligible for instate fees for NYMC then I'd go there because that's a 80K difference. Not sure about EVMS.

In the south Tulane has a very good reputation (just behind Baylor). I chose Tulane over George Washington.
 
Tulane has the name, resources, lots of history, good weather (in the winter), fun city, higher ranking...and many people have Tulane as a "top choice". while I am sure NYMC and EVMS both have some VERY good qualities...I think the majority use those schools as backups.

I got into Tulane, and while I am not going (since I got into USC...which was a huge reach school for me) I would take that over the other schools I got into or interviewed at any day of the week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.