NYU multiple acceptance Finaid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bertbacharat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have run into a problem. I have two acceptances to SUNY upstate and NYU. SUNY upstate has my deposit and has given me a finaid package. NYU insists that I send in a deposit and wait till June 1st to get my finaid package. What should I do since you can only hold one acceptance after may 15th? Will Upstate get mad and take away my acceptance if I have one at NYU also? I can't commit to NYU so easily because of the cost of attendance. What should I do? Also, why doesn't NYU give finaid packages earlier to avoid this problem like other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I have run into a problem. I have two acceptances to SUNY upstate and NYU. SUNY upstate has my deposit and has given me a finaid package. NYU insists that I send in a deposit and wait till June 1st to get my finaid package. What should I do since you can only hold one acceptance after may 15th? Will Upstate get mad and take away my acceptance if I have one at NYU also? I can't commit to NYU so easily because of the cost of attendance. What should I do? Also, why doesn't NYU give finaid packages earlier to avoid this problem like other schools.

Email both schools and explain your situation. June 1 isn't that far away; I can't imagine that Upstate wouldn't wait a few days.

Upstate gives you ten days, after which if you haven't talked to them they withdraw you're acceptance. Definitely call.

Status
Not open for further replies.