NYU multiple acceptance Finaid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertbacharat

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I have run into a problem. I have two acceptances to SUNY upstate and NYU. SUNY upstate has my deposit and has given me a finaid package. NYU insists that I send in a deposit and wait till June 1st to get my finaid package. What should I do since you can only hold one acceptance after may 15th? Will Upstate get mad and take away my acceptance if I have one at NYU also? I can't commit to NYU so easily because of the cost of attendance. What should I do? Also, why doesn't NYU give finaid packages earlier to avoid this problem like other schools.
 
Hello, I have run into a problem. I have two acceptances to SUNY upstate and NYU. SUNY upstate has my deposit and has given me a finaid package. NYU insists that I send in a deposit and wait till June 1st to get my finaid package. What should I do since you can only hold one acceptance after may 15th? Will Upstate get mad and take away my acceptance if I have one at NYU also? I can't commit to NYU so easily because of the cost of attendance. What should I do? Also, why doesn't NYU give finaid packages earlier to avoid this problem like other schools.

Email both schools and explain your situation. June 1 isn't that far away; I can't imagine that Upstate wouldn't wait a few days.
 
Upstate gives you ten days, after which if you haven't talked to them they withdraw you're acceptance. Definitely call.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.