You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 NYU (Grossman)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Sorry if this was already clarified before - but can you get accepted off the waitlist without sending a letter of intent? I know you need one if you are CTE somewhere else, but what if you are only PTE somewhere else??
Yes! The only reason you would need to send a letter of intent is if you know you will have to CTE or if you suspect you will have to CTE prior to the time NYU will be sending offers. If you are only PTE, and you know for a fact that it will stay that way, then there is no need to send a letter of intent and it will not affect your chances in any way.
avidsportsfan2000
New Member
Just curious, do you guys know which way you're leaning? For me NYU is my top choice, but I know that's not the case for absolutely everyone. Trying to gauge my WL chances and stay optimistic 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GrandArchiver
New Member
Happy waitlist movement day! Good luck to all!
naccynaccy
Full Member
Many people have left the accepted student chat, so it's possible that there will be movement. Rooting for all of you guys where NYU is your top choice!
DR. RIVERA PLEASE GIVE ME DA CALL! 🙏😱
naccynaccy
Full Member
Over 20. A mix of MSTP and MD only.Omg, thank you for letting us know this. Any idea how many people?
Acceptance offer received
D
deleted1190059
Did anyone else receive the A today?? do we think there will be more tomorrow?? I am soo anxious because this is my only possible A before reapplying so if anyone can give any information it would be so appreciated (maybe # of ppl that joined the accepted chat today)? thank you so much
ok-patient
Full Member
I also got the A today off waitlist, I'm not in any chat yet so don't have any # to share from that thoughDid anyone else receive the A today?? do we think there will be more tomorrow?? I am soo anxious because this is my only possible A before reapplying so if anyone can give any information it would be so appreciated (maybe # of ppl that joined the accepted chat today)? thank you so much
D
deleted1190059
Thank you for letting me know. Congratulations!I also got the A today off waitlist, I'm not in any chat yet so don't have any # to share from that though
naccynaccy
Full Member
Approx 10 people have joined the chat, so it looks like they may be done.Do we think there is any possibility there will be more A's tomorrow? Just seems odd there was so low reporting.
D
deleted1190059
Thank you for this. Would you be comfortable sharing what the total groupchat count is at (is it near 92?) Trying to figure out if we even have a shot anymoreApprox 10 people have joined the chat, so it looks like they may be done.
naccynaccy
Full Member
It is over 100.Thank you for this. Would you be comfortable sharing what the total groupchat count is at (is it near 92?) Trying to figure out if we even have a shot anymore
D
deleted1190059
Oh wow. Congratulations and thank you for the information!It is over 100.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like I won't be seeing you at carle goat(Removed from Waitlist May 1.)
Congrats!!!
D
deleted1190059
Any new A’s or ppl dropping out of the gc?
naccynaccy
Full Member
Nope. It seems like the class is filled.Any new A’s or ppl dropping out of the gc?
naccynaccy
Full Member
This is just a guess -- but if some people who have "planned to enroll" at NYU and are holding other waitlist spots, they may get accepted by another school and ditch. Then a spot would open and one of the NYU waitlists could get an offer. So, I'd guess NYU is holding out for cases like this.I’m wondering why they don’t reject people on the waitlist, then
But I say I suspect the class is filled because no people are entering/exiting the chat, and everyone is discussing move-in plans, filling out the required forms, etc.
Any_Two_Cards
Full Member
I'm not 100% on this, but I think Dean Rivera said Rs will likely come out on May 15. Just a few more days, folks - we can make it!I’m wondering why they don’t reject people on the waitlist, then
D
deleted1190059
Thank you so much for this information. Is the chat still over 100 or has it whittled down to 92 (only if you are comfortable sharing)? Sorry for all the questions, just as others mentioned it is super anxiety provoking to have little to no info 🙁This is just a guess -- but if some people who have "planned to enroll" at NYU and are holding other waitlist spots, they may get accepted by another school and ditch. Then a spot would open and one of the NYU waitlists could get an offer. So, I'd guess NYU is holding out for cases like this.
But I say I suspect the class is filled because no people are entering/exiting the chat, and everyone is discussing move-in plans, filling out the required forms, etc.
A filled class would be 92 MDs + and 10ish MD/PhDs, so it probably won’t drop much lowerThank you so much for this information. Is the chat still over 100 or has it whittled down to 92 (only if you are comfortable sharing)? Sorry for all the questions, just as others mentioned it is super anxiety provoking to have little to no info 🙁
They will know they would have filled up their entire class when their CTE numbers = class size
until then they need the waitlist incase someone drops their school to go to another school.
CTE = only one acceptance and dropped all waitlists/acceptances
PTE = only one acceptance as of May 10, but may remain on waitlists
until then they need the waitlist incase someone drops their school to go to another school.
CTE = only one acceptance and dropped all waitlists/acceptances
PTE = only one acceptance as of May 10, but may remain on waitlists
D
deleted1190059
Ohh, I thought the 92 included MD/PhD. Thanks.A filled class would be 92 MDs + and 10ish MD/PhDs, so it probably won’t drop much lower
naccynaccy
Full Member
Over 100 still!Thank you so much for this information. Is the chat still over 100 or has it whittled down to 92 (only if you are comfortable sharing)? Sorry for all the questions, just as others mentioned it is super anxiety provoking to have little to no info 🙁
naccynaccy
Full Member
Over 10 committed MSTP this year. : )A filled class would be 92 MDs + and 10ish MD/PhDs, so it probably won’t drop much lower
themuffinman6
Full Member
Just got off the waitlist minutes ago!! Super thankful
incomingmd11
Full Member
Did you receive an R?Well, it's over. Thank you to everyone in this sub for being so responsive and kind! Wishing you all the best!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any_Two_Cards
Full Member
If I just got three new pubs from a paper mill, do you think I should submit an update letter or is it too little too late at this point?
risingmedstudent
New Member
Me and someone I know were both rejected off the WL on ThursdayI’m curious if people have been being removed from the waitlist. I’m still twiddling my thumbs hopefully.
One of my friends got accepted off the WL last week, so it’s definitely moving!
avidsportsfan2000
New Member
Anyone else still waiting? 🙏🏼
Any_Two_Cards
Full Member
Also waiting. At this point, it's probably safe to assume that we are done and dusted.Anyone else still waiting? 🙏🏼
avidsportsfan2000
New Member
Made it to June 🤩😭