*~*~* Official Class of 2023 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we do the certiphi background check once total or once for each school?

Also man - wish I was getting some February decisions, I'm still waiting on 6 schools and all of them said I would know in March :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Also man - wish I was getting some February decisions, I'm still waiting on 6 schools and all of them said I would know in March :(
Just once total and same

Reactions: 1 users

Blah sorry you have to wait. It sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I swear, if the silence goes on much longer I'm going to lose my marbles :nailbiting:

I was fortunate enough to have 5 interviews. So far, I've heard back from one school (WL) and nothing from the others. One of the schools is set to release a big batch of decisions on Friday, and honestly, I'm not telling anyone I know that I should hear something back on Friday because I don't want to have to repeat the bad news over and over if I get rejected or waitlisted :p

I was fortunate enough to have 5 interviews. So far, I've heard back from one school (WL) and nothing from the others. One of the schools is set to release a big batch of decisions on Friday, and honestly, I'm not telling anyone I know that I should hear something back on Friday because I don't want to have to repeat the bad news over and over if I get rejected or waitlisted :p

Yeah good idea. I told everyone when I would be hearing back from one of my schools, and not only were they late in responding but I also got WLed when I finally did find out, so I had to tell everyone over and over that I hadn’t heard and then the bad news when I did. Would have been much nicer if I hadn’t told anyone.

Yeah good idea. I told everyone when I would be hearing back from one of my schools, and not only were they late in responding but I also got WLed when I finally did find out, so I had to tell everyone over and over that I hadn’t heard and then the bad news when I did. Would have been much nicer if I hadn’t told anyone.

I'm just very vague with everyone except my family. I just "i probably won't know where I'm going until March"

Reactions: 3 users
I'm just very vague with everyone except my family. I just "i probably won't know where I'm going until March"

Yeah I made the same mistake with one other school and then again with Quillen. It it worked out with Quillen because I got accepted lol. Thank God.

Haha I'm not even telling my family. I love them to death but they don't help with the stress at all.

My dad's favorite phrase to bring up whenever anything about med school is discussed is "all you need is one acceptance", which, while true, just makes me more stressed out that I have yet to receive an acceptance :p

Reactions: 4 users
Haha I'm not even telling my family. I love them to death but they don't help with the stress at all.

My dad's favorite phrase to bring up whenever anything about med school is discussed is "all you need is one acceptance", which, while true, just makes me more stressed out that I have yet to receive an acceptance :p

Hang in there. It’s coming.

Hang in there. It’s coming.
I keep telling myself that!

It's hard not to stress about the alternative though, especially because I feel like I put together a fairly strong application - which leaves me wondering what exactly I'm supposed to improve for the next cycle!

I know what you mean haha. My dad loves to ask if I've heard anything new constantly despite me telling him exactly when Id hear back :confused:

I’m super jelly of the people who actually heard back during rolling admissions. Schools waiting to make decisions until March is actually torture

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m super jelly of the people who actually heard back during rolling admissions. Schools waiting to make decisions until March is actually torture
I could not agree more!

Any more good news from 2023 folks? It's been awfully quiet in here recently!

I received two acceptances and one waitlist this past week! I feel so lucky :happy: I haven't settled on where I'm going yet- I haven't heard back from one of my schools, and financial aid information will factor into my decision as well.

For those of you still waiting to hear back, hang in there! That acceptance will be worth the wait ;)

I received two acceptances and one waitlist this past week! I feel so lucky :happy: I haven't settled on where I'm going yet- I haven't heard back from one of my schools, and financial aid information will factor into my decision as well.

For those of you still waiting to hear back, hang in there! That acceptance will be worth the wait ;)
Congrats! :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Got my first A a few days ago! It still doesn't feel real yet, but it's such a huge weight off my shoulders as a third time reapplicant!

Reactions: 16 users
Got my first A a few days ago! It still doesn't feel real yet, but it's such a huge weight off my shoulders as a third time reapplicant!
That's fantastic! Congrats on your acceptance and way to go sticking it out through 3 cycles! I'm glad it paid off in the end!

As a re-applicant and 3.5 acceptances (USUHS weird priority WL thing) I m like why didn’t you all like me last year. I have some tough decisions to make in the coming months

I'm so excited and nervous for this upcoming month. Supposed to get 5 (potentially 6) decisions back this month. It's been pretty easy not worrying about it but with this cold school has been closed and February starts tomorrow so now I'm starting to think about it again. The semester has been a blessing in disguise keeping me busy haha.

FINALLY I can join this thread. Accepted today :)

Reactions: 15 users
glad to be done with the application cycle! now time to make some tough decisions. i somehow managed to score 4 A and 2 WL and tossing around schools, going back and forth every day

Lol, didn't realize that there was a Class of 2023 thread! This is pretty neat.

Random question: It is not "bad form" to submit FAFSA to schools where you haven't been accepted, right? I was thinking of filling out the FAFSA for the school where I have already been accepted but was wondering if it was also acceptable for me to send it to the schools where I have upcoming interviews for (part me being lazy, part me trying to be proactive on the off-chance I get an additional acceptance(s) from those remaining schools).

Random question: It is not "bad form" to submit FAFSA to schools where you haven't been accepted, right? I was thinking of filling out the FAFSA for the school where I have already been accepted but was wondering if it was acceptable for me to send it to the schools where I have upcoming interviews for.

I added all the schools where I had interviews, so I don't think it's bad form at all! One of my schools even told us on interview day to just add them to our FAFSA school list, even if we hadn't gotten a decision from them yet.

Random question: It is not "bad form" to submit FAFSA to schools where you haven't been accepted, right? I was thinking of filling out the FAFSA for the school where I have already been accepted but was wondering if it was also acceptable for me to send it to the schools where I have upcoming interviews for (part me being lazy, part me trying to be proactive on the off-chance I get an additional acceptance(s) from those remaining schools).

Like scribbles&rambles mentioned it is fine. I added a bunch of schools I haven't heard back from yet. They even said on interview day at a lot of them that it will help get financial aid packages quicker that way if we get an acceptance.

Like scribbles&rambles mentioned it is fine. I added a bunch of schools I haven't heard back from yet. They even said on interview day at a lot of them that it will help get financial aid packages quicker that way if we get an acceptance.

Yea, thats what I thought too. Especially at this stage of the game, if I get into additional schools I'd like their financial aid packages as soon as possible.

Welcome to the thread and congrats on your acceptance!

Today my SO got into vet school at my top choice of the med schools I've been accepted to :) It is a good day!!!

Reactions: 20 users
A little jealous of everyone who already knows where they're going. I want to plan my first vacation ill have in years for this summer but it's hard without knowing exactly where I'm going to attend.

Reactions: 7 users
A little jealous of everyone who already knows where they're going. I want to plan my first vacation ill have in years for this summer but it's hard without knowing exactly where I'm going to attend.

Same. I still have interviews left. I turned down the ones I wouldn’t choose over my current acceptance though.

I want to start looking for apartments and planning my move. Vacay sounds nice too though.

Same. I still have interviews left. I turned down the ones I wouldn’t choose over my current acceptance though.

I want to start looking for apartments and planning my move. Vacay sounds nice too though.

Havent even thought about the stress of moving. Id probably do that while on vacation lol. But it's been 4 years since ive had one and i know this will be my last chance for a while to have a true vacation so i wanna take it while i can.

Havent even thought about the stress of moving. Id probably do that while on vacation lol. But it's been 4 years since ive had one and i know this will be my last chance for a while to have a true vacation so i wanna take it while i can.

Praying you find out soon.

Same. I hope to take off work to move in as early as mid-May but, if I don't hear back, I'm just going to continue to work until mid-June at the latest. It's definitely a bummer.

Same. I hope to take off work to move in as early as mid-May but, if I don't hear back, I'm just going to continue to work until mid-June at the latest. It's definitely a bummer.

Hopefully we can figure out where we're going by early march and take some time off afterwards! I really want to visit my family overseas for aafew weeks since I havent seen them in what feels like forever.

Maybe not. My friends in Med school seem to be out of the country on vacay on every break they have. Not sure how they afford it.

Reactions: 2 users