*****Official PASS 2025 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you all for sharing good information here. Hypothetically, if one has an early acceptance offer from a program and has other interviews later - should the candidate cancel all other interviews or attend other interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Alabama at Birmingham -
Loma Linda University -
University of California at Los Angeles -
University of California at San Francisco - Invites sent June 17th for interviews on July 11th and 12th
University of Southern California -
University of the Pacific -
University of Connecticut -Invites sent June 7th for June 26th - virtual interview
Nova Southeastern University -
University of Florida -
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invites sent (May 28, email), Interview (July 8)
University of Illinois at Chicago -
Southern Illinois University -
Indiana University - Invites sent (May 30, email), Interview (July 8)
University of Iowa -
University of Louisville -Invite sent (June 16, email; June 17 email), Interview (July 12)
University of Kentucky - Invites sent (June 10th, email), Interviews on July 19th
Louisiana State University
-Invites sent (May, phone), Interview (July 12)
University of Maryland -
Boston University - invites sent (June 14, email), Interview (July 19, 26, 29)
Harvard University -
Tufts University - invites sent (June 11th and 17th), interviews July 15,16,17
University of Detroit Mercy -
University of Michigan -
University of Minnesota - invite sent (June 17th, phone), interview July 11th and 12th
Saint Louis University - Invites sent (June 11, June 14, email), Interview (July 9)

University of Missouri-Kansas City -
University of Nebraska -
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - invite sent (June 19th, email), Interview July 1st
Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) -
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University - Invites sent on June 5th by email, interviews on June 18th
Stony Brook University - Invite (June 17, email), Interview (July 8th)

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina -
Case Western Reserve University -
Ohio State University - Invite by phone on June 11th for July 9th/10th
Oregon Health & Science University -
Albert Einstein Medical Center - Invite (June 13, email), Interview (July 15)
Temple University -
University of Pennsylvania -
University of Pittsburgh - Invite (June 13, email), Interview (July 12)
Medical University of South Carolina -
University of Tennessee Health Science Center -
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - Invites sent June 13th for July 9th interview
University of Texas at Houston -
Invites sent (May 17), (June 4th - email), Interview (July 12)
University of Texas at San Antonio - Invites sent June 20th. Interview July 12

Virginia Commonwealth University -
University of Washington -
West Virginia University -
Marquette University -
VA New York - Invites sent (May 31, June 3, email), Interview (July 12)

My buddy got an offer from NYU

Reactions: 4 users
How do people get their applications in so early? My dental school didn't even send my institution evaluation until June 15th even though I requested it May 8th. They said that it's within the PASS deadline lol. Is that normal or did I get bamboozled?

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
How do people get their applications in so early? My dental school didn't even send my institution evaluation until June 15th even though I requested it May 8th. They said that it's within the PASS deadline lol. Is that normal or did I get bamboozled?
Your school sure didn't help you out. My school sent mine May 15th because they know endo gets rolling quickly.

Baylor does the same crap. I gave them my request beginning April and they still did not get it out till June. Granted they wrote one last year for me. Nothing changed…. I’ve tried to explain this to them multiple times. They don’t get it.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Houston sent some more today

Is that like round 3 for them? Man, I was hoping for that one. I’ve been to their open house two years now. I guess it’s not in the cards for them. Not good match I guess. Thanks for update.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
My school is overseas and I made sure to drop by the school on a visit earlier this year to talk to the dean about it personally and then sent a few reminders out a few weeks in advance too, and also asked the program coordinator to chase up the dean about it lol

Reactions: 1 user
Lots of variables come into play. I’ve seen 3 days a week associates pull in $500K+. But they are fully OON, high fees, and have insane referral bases. Generally what you’ll see is how many days you choose to work will be how much $ Hundred K you bring in. 4 days/ $400K+. 5 days / $500K+. Obviously that varies. Owners will do more. Associates with higher percentage collections will do more, and faster providers will do more. The insurances you take will effect it too. But the above is a solid baseline and it’s unlikely you go below it. But don’t drool too much, it’s a damn hard job (edit: if you do it well).
Yes very hard lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I know Endo is hard, but what personally do you find damn hard as an endodontist? And how many years have you been practicing?
@SirBrotherJam said it well. You’ll have several referrers that send you some straight forward premolars and molars, maybe even anteriors. But even a good referrer only sends a handful a month. So consider half your treatments a day something that someone else doesn’t want to do/ can’t do, or a person someone doesn’t want to deal with. Majority are scared of root canals or have had bad experiences in the past. Usually by people who don’t know what they are doing. So a lot of your job is restoring and establishing confidence and faith in the patient. And until you do it 5-10 times a day, you won’t really know how difficult it is. You’ll clean out a maxillary
Molar in 15 min then spend 30 min trying to figure out and clean the MB2. You’ll spend 30 min trying to numb a hot #31 up, then spend 15 min cleaning it out. You’ll get a straight forward #8 then spend 30 min just answering questions or managing a nut. NOTHING IS EASY. You’ll also be a professional diagnostician. People will send you stuff every day just to try and get a definitive answer. Some straight forward, some not. Some hyperbole here, but it’s just always something. Again, it’s the stuff most general dentists want nothing to do with.

Reactions: 12 users
Updated with UMKC:

Loma Linda University -
University of California at San Francisco - Invites sent June 17th for interviews on July 11th and 12th
University of Connecticut -Invites sent June 7th for June 26th - virtual interview
University of Florida -
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invites sent (May 28, email), Interview (July 8)
University of Iowa -
University of Louisville -Invite sent (June 16, email; June 17 email), Interview (July 12)
University of Kentucky - Invites sent (June 10th, email), Interviews on July 19th
University of Maryland -
Harvard University -
University of Michigan -
University of Minnesota - invite sent (June 17th, phone), interview July 11th and 12th
Saint Louis University - Invites sent (June 11, June 14, email), Interview (July 9)
University of Missouri-Kansas City - Invite sent (June 20 email), Interview (July 10)

University of Nebraska -
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - invite sent (June 19th, email), Interview July 1st
Columbia University -
New York University - Invites sent on June 5th by email, interviews on June 18th

Temple University -
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - Invites sent June 13th for July 9th interview

Virginia Commonwealth University -
Marquette University -

did anyone else receive a call from Minnesota today?

Updates from friends with VCU and Temple

Loma Linda University -
University of Florida -
University of Iowa -
University of Maryland -
Harvard University -
University of Michigan -
University of Missouri-Kansas City - Invite sent (June 20 email), Interview (July 10)

University of Nebraska -
Columbia University -

Temple University - Invites sent June 21st by email, interview on July 17th

Virginia Commonwealth University - Invites sent June 21st by email, interview on July 15th

Marquette University -

How important is Institution evaluation? I graduated 10 years ago from an overseas program , couldn't get mine the management changed , wondering if they will consider my application if I didn't submit one ?

Hi everyone, this is my second cycle applying. I applied to 25 programs and already 15 has sent out interviews. All
Those that I expected to get interviews. How can I find out if there is something wrong with my application?
I am really disappointed!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Hi everyone, this is my second cycle applying. I applied to 25 programs and already 15 has sent out interviews. All
Those that I expected to get interviews. How can I find out if there is something wrong with my application?
I am really disappointed!!!!
Same here!! Seems as though only way to get interviews is being connected to the program or knowing someone in the program. Just know that there will be hundreds of highly qualified and talented individuals that won’t get an interview just because there are so many applicants

Same here!! Seems as though only way to get interviews is being connected to the program or knowing someone in the program. Just know that there will be hundreds of highly qualified and talented individuals that won’t get an interview just because there are so many applicants
or be a fresh grad +- GPR or be an established international endodontist with tons of research/publications.

• Sad
It’s tough out here, my prospects are dropping like flies 😨

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Good luck everyone. I’m out again this year. See y’all next year for round three. Hell, heard someone got in on fifth try, maybe I can beat their record and go for six. Yeah, I know, “It’s still early”…I know when I’m out. Have a great year and stay safe

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Good luck everyone. I’m out again this year. See y’all next year for round three. Hell, heard someone got in on fifth try, maybe I can beat their record and go for six. Yeah, I know, “It’s still early”…I know when I’m out. Have a great year and stay safe
Good luck next time my friend 🤞🏻

No interviews for me. Pretty much every program aside from Penn have sent out interviews.

• Sad
Good luck! I’m so sorry! See you next year, I’m out as well 😢

• Sad
Update from UF:

Loma Linda University -
University of Florida - Interview on July 5th

University of Iowa -
University of Maryland -
Harvard University -
University of Michigan -

University of Nebraska -
Columbia University -

Temple University - Invites sent June 21st by email, interview on July 17th

Virginia Commonwealth University - Invites sent June 21st by email, interview on July 15th

Marquette University -

Anything from Sana antonio? And Penn?

• Hmm
It's really discouraging that they won't even properly reject you… knowing your “weakness” should be good 😅

• Sad
I’m out this cycle as well. At the same time, I sent my applications through PASS, paid the separate supplemental fees, emailed to confirm that my applications are complete, no response to any of the programs that I applied. Life is not fair, but I feel like an acknowledgment that I made the effort to apply would be nice. Feel like I just sent my application into the void and am out 1k+

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
It’s all fun and games for the PDs until applicants take action after seeing so much unfairness

Last edited:
I’m out this cycle as well. At the same time, I sent my applications through PASS, paid the separate supplemental fees, emailed to confirm that my applications are complete, no response to any of the programs that I applied. Life is not fair, but I feel like an acknowledgment that I made the effort to apply would be nice. Feel like I just sent my application into the void and am out 1k+
I feel dentistry in general is a pretty corrupt field tbh. We’re sold this lifestyle and income idea that just isn’t real anymore. I work over 50 hours a week and make barely 180k. After my loans, I barely have enough to get by. 😢

• Sad
It’s a lot more of a cash sink than I was expecting for simply even applying, let alone the thought of traveling costs for interviews if one does get anything

I sent a check to Einstein, and they haven't even cashed it. Does that mean they don't even look at our applications?

• Hmm
I sent a check to Einstein, and they haven't even cashed it. Does that mean they don't even look at our applications?
Same here. My check is also not cashed. I sent emails to them about it but no reply.

• Hmm
  • Sad
Not sure if they would look at your application but they will cash it. When I applied there last time, my dental school didn’t send evaluation until three weeks after Einstein sent out interview invites. The check was cashed about two months later.

• Wow
Same here. My check is also not cashed. I sent emails to them about it but no reply.
Just asking a random question (not as an endo applicant), if you got accepted elsewhere/decided you weren't going to apply to Einstein next cycle, could you just cancel your cheque? (Assuming you still remember what cheque # it is). Kind of messed up they would still cash it in even though they didn't look at your application.

Haha I’m out 5k 🥲

• Sad