*****Official PASS 2025 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
The same reason why the whole thing hasn't gone to MATCH, which IMO is better for the candidates and the programs...

There's a not-small percentage of program directors that get off on this competition amongst the applicants (but also with each other to nab the best applicants)
Endodontists are super competitive and often donā€™t play nice with others. A lot of egos at play in private practice and academia.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
The same reason why the whole thing hasn't gone to MATCH, which IMO is better for the candidates and the programs...

There's a not-small percentage of program directors that get off on this competition amongst the applicants (but also with each other to nab the best applicants)
I respectfully disagree. The current system only benefits the program directors. Whether you find out in July or December/January where you got accepted makes no difference to whether you, as an applicant, will accept or not - you will. But, as an applicant, you're FORCED to accept a position at a program that wasn't your top choice only because they interviewed earlier and made the offer earlier. Match would even the field a little as far as the applicants' choices are concerned.

Reactions: 1 user
One of the frustrating things in interviews was programs interviewing too many people per spot. When itā€™s 4 per spot you feel like you have a legitimate chance. When itā€™s 8 per spot (either in one day or over multiple interview days) you feel like a huge waste of time being there.

I get why they invite so many though, as people cancel short notice due to other offers/interviews. Still not fun on the interviewee side.

One of the frustrating things in interviews was programs interviewing too many people per spot. When itā€™s 4 per spot you feel like you have a legitimate chance. When itā€™s 8 per spot (either in one day or over multiple interview days) you feel like a huge waste of time being there.

I get why they invite so many though, as people cancel short notice due to other offers/interviews. Still not fun on the interviewee side.
Some programs like Uconn and Ohio which are both excellent programs have less applicants since they are not on PASS. Giving people a better shot

Some programs like Uconn and Ohio which are both excellent programs have less applicants since they are not on PASS. Giving people a better shot
Yea but they usually only select applicants that are residents of their state. Thatā€™s the draw back.

Whatā€™s the consensus on this Endo internships? Worth it or just a waste of money?

Whatā€™s the consensus on this Endo internships? Worth it or just a waste of money?
If you can afford to do an unpaid or very low pay internship, sure. Do internships offer any hands on clinical experience or training? Gotta weigh out the cost/benefits to you personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
I respectfully disagree. The current system only benefits the program directors. Whether you find out in July or December/January where you got accepted makes no difference to whether you, as an applicant, will accept or not - you will. But, as an applicant, you're FORCED to accept a position at a program that wasn't your top choice only because they interviewed earlier and made the offer earlier. Match would even the field a little as far as the applicants' choices are concerned.
Eh, I think we're saying the same thing? I'm saying MATCH would be better for the applicants (for the reasons you stated)

The programs, in turn, would also benefit by actually having candidates that rank them highly actually be there, instead of some candidate who really wanted to be somewhere else but was forced to say yes (per the current system)

Eh, I think we're saying the same thing? I'm saying MATCH would be better for the applicants (for the reasons you stated)

The programs, in turn, would also benefit by actually having candidates that rank them highly actually be there, instead of some candidate who really wanted to be somewhere else but was forced to say yes (per the current system)

Match benefits the applicant but not necessarily the program. The program is at an advantage with the current system bc they can already get their top choices right after the interview, assuming people accept the offer. They also can attempt to build a ā€œgood classā€ with complementary personalities, which is what my director harped on. Thatā€™s honestly understated. Endo will never go to Match bc it requires a supermajority of directors to agree to it, and too many like the current system.

It is what it is. Just play the game.

Reactions: 3 users
Match benefits the applicant but not necessarily the program. The program is at an advantage with the current system bc they can already get their top choices right after the interview, assuming people accept the offer. They also can attempt to build a ā€œgood classā€ with complementary personalities, which is what my director harped on. Thatā€™s honestly understated. Endo will never go to Match bc it requires a supermajority of directors to agree to it, and too many like the current system.

It is what it is. Just play the game.
I've already been through the process and don't have skin in the game anymore, I can't imagine the current system of programs inching their interview dates earlier and earlier every year (to grab the best candidates) is sustainable. Pretty soon they'll accept a class 2 years in advance LOL

• Haha
If you can afford to do an unpaid or very low pay internship, sure. Do internships offer any hands on clinical experience or training? Gotta weigh out the cost/benefits to you personally.
It seems very little hands on experience and training based on what Iā€™ve read. But I do think itā€™ll make the application stand out and give you a good chance where you do the internship. Cost is the issue for me, I still have loans. And Iā€™d miss out on another year of income.

Just curious what people would do in this scenario: you have an interview at a program with tuition vs program that pays and is in a better location for your life circumstances.
Program with tuition interviews before paid program. Do you take the offer or hold out and risk it for the paid program. What would you do?

• Hmm
Just curious what people would do in this scenario: you have an interview at a program with tuition vs program that pays and is in a better location for your life circumstances.
Program with tuition interviews before paid program. Do you take the offer or hold out and risk it for the paid program. What would you do?
Financially Iā€™d 100% take the program that pays me.

It seems very little hands on experience and training based on what Iā€™ve read. But I do think itā€™ll make the application stand out and give you a good chance where you do the internship. Cost is the issue for me, I still have loans. And Iā€™d miss out on another year of income.
Same boat here, itā€™s tough money wise to take that much time off when you have loans. 2-3 months is more reasonable, 1 year is too much, thatā€™s half a residency!

Financially Iā€™d 100% take the program that pays me.
Isnā€™t it frowned upon to take the second program when youā€™ve already accepted the first program? Unless youā€™re saying you would risk it and reject the first offer

Isnā€™t it frowned upon to take the second program when youā€™ve already accepted the first program? Unless youā€™re saying you would risk it and reject the first offer

You can ask your #2/3 PD if you can attend the interview. I know who people who did this and the PD let the attend the interview.

Also, if you get accepted at #2/3 but have #1 interview coming up, it's OK to ask for a couple of days to make your decision, which could give you enough time to attend #1 interview.

Itā€™s a tough call but itā€™s also who comes first. But if I know my chances for a program arenā€™t as high then thatā€™s also something to consider. Paid residency programs are much smaller and way more difficult to get into

Any new invites? Did Einstein really send out invites on Friday?
Also wondering if anyone can confirm if Einstein has sent invites?

I put a check in the mail for their supplemental fee about 3 weeks ago; it still hasnā€™t been cashed so far as I can tell. Surprised they would send invites so early if theyā€™re wanting mailed supplemental fees.

Is anybody still experiencing delay in their transcripts? I sent one may 8th then another may 16th and it still isn't processed and my application still not considered complete. I reached out to PASS multiple times with no results...

Is anybody still experiencing delay in their transcripts? I sent one may 8th then another may 16th and it still isn't processed and my application still not considered complete. I reached out to PASS multiple times with no results...
Have they requested an inquiry to see where they are? I had to do that at the end of May, and they were uploaded the same day.

Yes.
Once I wrote an email to get noticed it was uploaded on a Saturday. So I guess it is comforting to know they are working weekends over there but unfortunate that it takes an email to do so.

Reposting list so we can update this week! Did UConn send invites for June 23rd?

University of Alabama at Birmingham -
Loma Linda University -
University of California at Los Angeles -
University of California at San Francisco -
University of Southern California -
University of the Pacific -
University of Connecticut -????
Nova Southeastern University -
University of Florida -
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invites sent (May 28, email), Interview (July 8)
University of Illinois at Chicago -
Southern Illinois University -
Indiana University - Invites sent (May 30, email), Interview (July 8)
University of Iowa -
University of Louisville -
University of Kentucky -
Louisiana State University -Invites sent (May, phone), Interview (July 12)
University of Maryland -
Boston University -
Harvard University -
Tufts University -
University of Detroit Mercy -
University of Michigan -
University of Minnesota -
Saint Louis University -
University of Missouri-Kansas City -
University of Nebraska -
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine -
Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) -
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University - Invites sent on June 5th by email, interviews on June 18th
Stony Brook University -
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina -
Case Western Reserve University -
Ohio State University -
Oregon Health & Science University -
Albert Einstein Medical Center -
Temple University -
University of Pennsylvania -
University of Pittsburgh -
Medical University of South Carolina -
University of Tennessee Health Science Center -
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry -
University of Texas at Houston - Invites sent (May 17), Interview (July 12)
University of Texas at San Antonio -
Virginia Commonwealth University -
University of Washington -
West Virginia University -
Marquette University -
VA New York - Invites sent (May 31, June 3, email), Interview (July 12)

I put a check in the mail for their supplemental fee about 3 weeks ago; it still hasnā€™t been cashed so far as I can tell. Surprised they would send invites so early if theyā€™re wanting mailed supplemental fees.
I sent through a money order through the fastest mail I could get with tracking, I emailed them a week after it was delivered and they confirmed that the fee was received, so you might have to email them yourself as well.

I also mailed a check to Einstein that has not been cashed. Who did you email? I sent an email as well but received no response.

same

I also sent a check in the mail about 4 weeks ago. I recently saw they put a payment portal on their website as an alternative to mailing, so I emailed their listed contact last week to see if my check/2x2 photo had been received and have not gotten a response yet. I did USPS priority mail, so if they didn't receive it I'd like to know so I can get my money back from USPS.

Hello guys! Is there any supplemental fees for UNC?
Donā€™t think you have to do anything until after you get accepted. However I havenā€™t gotten any confirmation from the school. Has anyone else heard back?

Loma Linda University -
University of Florida -
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invites sent (May 28, email), Interview (July 8)
University of Iowa -
University of Kentucky - Invites sent (June 10th, email), Interviews on July 19th
Louisiana State University
-Invites sent (May, phone), Interview (July 12)
University of Maryland -
Boston University -
Harvard University -
Tufts University -
University of Michigan -
Saint Louis University -
University of Nebraska -
Columbia University -
New York University - Invites sent on June 5th by email, interviews on June 18th
Stony Brook University -
Ohio State University -
Temple University -
University of Texas at Houston - Invites sent (May 17), Interview (July 12)
Marquette University -

Has anyone received anything from Tufts for the supplemental fee link?

"Indiana University - Invites sent (May 30, email), Interview (July 8)"
- this is odd.... according to this thread Indiana University already sent out invite, however they just send me an email asking for supplemental items. Is this normal?

"Indiana University - Invites sent (May 30, email), Interview (July 8)"
- this is odd.... according to this thread Indiana University already sent out invite, however they just send me an email asking for supplemental items. Is this normal?
could still be sending out more invites, send the supplemental stuff!
Yea you get it a few days after you apply.
love the name lol

People forget that invites come in rounds ā€¦

Does UPITT require the ADAT? It says on ADEA PASS that ADAT is required, but it does not mention it on their website.

Can someone update invite chart (I do not know how). UT Houston someone previously stated they got invite UT Houston 6/4 email.
Either UT Houston is done or they are going in stages. Thanks

Does anyone have information on the NYU Langone Peurto Rico Program? Their site is lacking

Can someone update invite chart (I do not know how). UT Houston someone previously stated they got invite UT Houston 6/4 email.
Either UT Houston is done or they are going in stages. Thanks
Loma Linda University -
University of Florida -
University of Iowa -
University of Kentucky - Invites sent (June 10th, email), Interviews on July 19th
Louisiana State University
-Invites sent (May, phone), Interview (July 12)
University of Maryland -
Boston University -
Harvard University -
Tufts University -
University of Michigan -
Saint Louis University -
University of Nebraska -
Columbia University -
Stony Brook University -
Ohio State University -
Temple University -
University of Texas at Houston - Invites sent (May 17), (June 4th - email), Interview (July 12)
Marquette University -

Do the programs email you to pay their secondary fees/supplemental applications once they have received your completed application? Or do you need to go to their website and do it yourself before hearing anything from them first?
Also curious to know about this! Would like not to pay those fees if I am not being considered.