Ohio State University class of 2018 hopefulls!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Everyone! Just a quick update to (hopefully) put your minds at ease over the weekend. We have sent out 340 interview invitations so far, and have around 90 remaining to send (probably about 30 Ohio and 60 non-resident slots). I was hoping to have them all out today, but we are still waiting on some application reviews to come back from faculty. I will continue sending out invites as the reviews are completed (so possibly over the weekend), and am hoping to have the rest sent out before Thanksgiving. Also, if you do not receive an invitation before Thanksgiving, it IS possible you will still get one - not everyone we invite for an interview ends up coming, and we will invite additional applicants to fill their slots.

I know it is hard waiting, thank you all for being patient!! And have a great weekend :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Sewak posted in the rejections thread that her Buckeye status changed, so I guess we can keep an eye on that to see if we've been rejected. For now my status still says "in review."

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone!

I am also still "in review," but as a second time IS applicant I am struggling to stay positive :(

SBlove, hopefully this year is your year! Got a little bummed when I saw all of the invitation posts....thanks for keeping us in the loop Shayna! Hoping I'm one of those 60 OOS interviewees! My status still says "In Review" as well!

I got one today as well! I'm so pumped right now! :love:

Here's hoping for you guys who haven't heard! :xf::luck::xf::luck: :xf: I'm rooting for you guys!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Eek....as an IS, not having an e-mail yet, this makes me very nervous :( I don't like those odds :( only 30 e-mails....that's not very many.....

Eek....as an IS, not having an e-mail yet, this makes me very nervous :( I don't like those odds :( only 30 e-mails....that's not very many.....
Try not to stress too much! My undergrad advisor kept telling us "No news is good news!" There is still a chance until you receive a rejection. Plus, there were only 240 Ohio applicants compared to 1147 out of staters, so your chances are actually better!

So nervous!!! I hope to be one of the ISers...finger crossed!

Try not to give up hope in getting an interview with a school unless you've actually seen/gotten a rejection letter or update! I know, easier said than done, but I've been there and done that. It seems that every time I had given up hope on getting an interview invite from a school, they surprised me with an invite! I had gotten myself so worked up over rejections I hadn't even gotten, and it just made everything more stressful. Don't give up hope. Unfortunately, applying to vet school just involves a lot of waiting, so just try not to be stressed and relax during that down time :)
Congrats to all those that got invites :highfive: Hang in there to those still waiting :xf:

Thanks, Must Love Dogs. I know you're right, but it's so difficult to do. I'm dying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invite!! I'm so excited!! Good luck to everyone!! Ps I'm OOS. :soexcited:

Just realized that when you guys start classes I will be in third year. HOLY CRAP. WHERE HAS TIME GONE. Is it really only 18 months until clinics?

Nothing :( :( :( :(

Hang in there--it ain't over until it's over. :luck::luck::luck:

Just got an invite!!!!!! I am OOS as well. I am literally over the moon right now!!! :soexcited::clap:

For those of you still waiting, don't give up hope! I wish you all the best of luck! :luck::xf:

I received an interview and I am an IS applicant!

Make that 4 fingers crossed for some people declining!
Same here! I just want to know either way so I can stop checking this thread 50 times a day lol!

Reactions: 2 users
Same still haven't heard anything I am wondering if a lot of people were already rejected using the buckeye link?

I'm still in review, but I believe Shayna said changes wouldn't be made to that until after Thanksgiving.

I received an interview invitation!! But I think I'm gonna have to decline because I have Bacterial Genetics instead of general Genetics and they wont give me equivalency :(

I received an interview invitation!! But I think I'm gonna have to decline because I have Bacterial Genetics instead of general Genetics and they wont give me equivalency :(
If I were you I would take a genetics class in the spring. Is that possible?

I received an interview and I am an IS applicant!
Woo! Congrats! I told you not to stress! and you finally posted on SDN!

Congrats to everyone else who received interviews as well! Feel free to message me with any questions you have and I'll do my best to help!

Are all of the initial invites out?

If I were you I would take a genetics class in the spring. Is that possible?

I univ isn't offering genetics next semester :( Plus I will take two correspondence courses (tuskegee pre-requisites) on top of my spring semester.

Has anyone heard anything from them today?

Hey guys! I'm new to SDN, but I'm SO excited to be interviewing at OSU!! I got my email on 11/19 and I my interview will be on 12/16 at 9:45am. For those still waiting, hang in there!! It sounds like a lot of people posting here will declining their interviews, so hopefully they will send out more invites soon. GOOD LUCK :)

Shayna had mentioned they were trying to get out the rest of the interviews before thanksgiving and that rejection letters wouldn't go out till after thanksgiving but that the buckeye link would be updated right away so i have been checking that like crazy

Update: I made arrangements to take genetics at another institution and scheduled my interview for Dec 18, 3:00pm! Also signed up for the VetStay program, anyone else?

Last edited:
I wonder if they are still sending out invites... been quiet in this thread the past week.

I was thinking the same thing....all quiet here too. I'm losing a little more of my optimism with every passing day.

I've been checking Buckeye link, no updates to share. I'm prepared to see "Denied" pop-up there pretty soon, although an interview waitlist gives me hope

Anybody have any idea what it means if we are still "in review"??? Should we be expecting our rejections soon? :( :( :(

Am I looking at the wrong thing? Mine still says "submitted"? We find the status under the supplemental application, no?

I dont think so. You click on Applicant Center on the left, then application status, and then your status should pop up

Thanks - this was it. Mine's still in review. I prefer "in review" over "rejected" any day

Anybody have any idea what it means if we are still "in review"??? Should we be expecting our rejections soon? :( :( :(

Shayna said updates to the portal will start....well now (after Thanksgiving). However, a previous applicant mentioned that his/her status wasn't updated for months even though they already got the rejection or interview notification (I don't recall which). Maybe this year we will find out sooner! Although I imagine they don't reject everyone right off the bat...if they have an interview waitlist, they are probably waiting to hear back from their initial invitees.