Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks! any advice on the secondary essay?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they interview all winter?

I have my interview December 17. I'm assuming they will cease interviews for the christmas holiday, and resume interviews after the new year.

Sent the deposit along with the forms yesterday.
School seems has received them today.
Here we go PCOM !!! :love:

Any thoughts about when the white-coat ceremony is gonna be this year?

Any thoughts about when the white-coat ceremony is gonna be this year?

The white coat ceremony is held the the weekend after the first term ends. This year, it was held on November 18th. For my class (Class of 2015), it was on November 13th.

The white coat ceremony is held the the weekend after the first term ends. This year, it was held on November 18th. For my class (Class of 2015), it was on November 13th.

Why it's not taking place right after the orientation as it's in the MD schools?

Why it's not taking place right after the orientation as it's in the MD schools?

To be honest, I'm not sure. Personally, I liked that the school waited because it's a special way to celebrate the end of your first term of medical schooll.

To be honest, I'm not sure. Personally, I liked that the school waited because it's a special way to celebrate the end of your first term of medical schooll.

Is there an online calender for classes and events, up to your knowledge?

Is there an online calender for classes and events, up to your knowledge?

We have an event calendar on mygapcom.com, but it doesn't have all D.O. events on it. We don't have an online class calendar.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the school's name change still a discussed topic? Or, are we good with GA-PCOM? Personally, I'd strongly want to see PCOM on my diploma instead of a new school name.

Is the school's name change still a discussed topic? Or, are we good with GA-PCOM? Personally, I'd strongly want to see PCOM on my diploma instead of a new school name.

To be honest, I don't know the full story behind that rumor but I only heard it mentioned once last year and I was told the name is sticking.

Has anyone received an ii for PCOM-GA recently? I was complete on Nov. 17th. and hoping to hear something soon...

Has anyone received an ii for PCOM-GA recently? I was complete on Nov. 17th. and hoping to hear something soon...

I was complete on Oct 30, and received my interview invite on November 16. Not sure if everyone else was this fast, but I sure am happy to have gotten one :D

I've been complete since 10/31 and no word. I was hoping they would give me an ii by now (I also followed up with them to get myself on the radar).

I've been complete since august and still no word...is anyone else in the same boat? 3.4/3.3 32p

I've been complete since august and still no word...is anyone else in the same boat? 3.4/3.3 32p
Well, my MCAT is much lower than yours, but yes I haven't heard anything other than a complete email. I even followed up to see if I could put myself on the radar, but no luck with that. In the first few rounds, I definitely saw people with much lower stats getting interviews/acceptances. It seems to have been pretty quiet since...

Has the Class of 2017 facebook group been created yet?

Well, my MCAT is much lower than yours, but yes I haven't heard anything other than a complete email. I even followed up to see if I could put myself on the radar, but no luck with that. In the first few rounds, I definitely saw people with much lower stats getting interviews/acceptances. It seems to have been pretty quiet since...

Yeah I tried calling and emailing too lol. All I've gotten is "if there's a date next to the things you need on the website then just wait" -_-

Yep should get an email when accepted and $250 deposit is received

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ignore spelling and/grammar

Hmmm...I got my PCOM email but it didn't mention the facebook page.

Hmmm...I got my PCOM email but it didn't mention the facebook page.

I am planning on creating a Facebook group, but I was waiting on more acceptances. Also, i plan to email the director of admissions asking for permission to use the PCOM logo.

Okay, I just emailed Ms. Trena. Once she replies, I'll let you gals and guys know

I am planning on creating a Facebook group, but I was waiting on more acceptances. Also, i plan to email the director of admissions asking for permission to use the PCOM logo.

Wonderful! After debating between three schools, I sent my check to PCOM-GA so I suppose I'm officially in the Class of 2017 :love:.

Doesn't seem quite real yet.

OOS applicant
sci GPA; 3.2
overall: 3.5
MCAT: 26R
many extracurriculars and working with americorps right now

Y'all understand she already made a group right and sent out an email about it?

I haven't receive any email about a Fb group. When did u receive the email?

Still no love from PCOM for me :(. I am calling on Monday!

Y'all understand she already made a group right and sent out an email about it?

I didn't receive this email either :confused:.

Can you send me a link?

Still no love from PCOM for me :(. I am calling on Monday!

please let me know how this goes...last time I called she just said to "refer to the email and if the dates appear next your secondary then you are complete" then she hung up lol

Withdrawing. Hope one of yall get it. Good luck!! Going to Nova

Hey, is it too late to apply. I am a NJ resident with a 3.1 GPA and 29 MCAT

I will be interviewing this month. Any tips or feedback from current students or others who have interviewed? Close file/open file? Do the interviewers allow the interviewee to control the direction of the conversation? Individual interview or group interview?

It is definitely not too late to apply. Just get it in quick and have a quick turnover on your secondaries. Good Luck

I will be interviewing this month. Any tips or feedback from current students or others who have interviewed? Close file/open file? Do the interviewers allow the interviewee to control the direction of the conversation? Individual interview or group interview?

I am currently a first year student. If I had any advice, it would be to just be yourself. I believe my interview was an open file, but it is pretty relaxed. All the faculty is very friendly. It was my least stressful interview by far. The interview itself is question based to begin with, but you can turn it more conversation based if you want. I had 2 interviewers. Just remember to relax and you will do great. Good luck!

Can anyone comment on the interview here?

Also, what are your thoughts about the school in general?

Interview invite received 12/10 for Jan. 4th interview!

File complete Oct. 22

Primary released 10/18
Confirmation email 10/19
Secondary application request 10/19
Secondary sent 10/21
Secondary app acknowledged/processed 10/25
Interview invite 12/10

Interview date January 4 12pm :xf:

great!! I see you're in the bradenton area. I will be departing from Land O Lakes.

How are interview invites sent? Via email or an update in the applicant status portal?

How are interview invites sent? Via email or an update in the applicant status portal?

they will send an email asking you to confirm the date they have chosen for you or you can call the number given in the email to reschdule

Hey if there's a GA-PCOM student perusing these boards, could you PM me? I'm visiting the school this coming week and would greatly appreciate a chance to talk and ask some questions.