2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II today via phone call. Sub 500 MCAT, 3.56 GPA, ORM. Does anyone know if they’re still offering post-II acceptances or is it waitlists/rejections at this point?
I believe the seats are filled and they are sending out waitlists/rejections. There is a good amount of turnover from waitlist to accepted after april 15 due to students having multiple acceptances and having to pick one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear it. What’s ur stats? Did they mention anything regarding the WL?
Last cycle when I went to their open house during the 2022-2023 app cycle, don’t quote me on this, but I recall a med student sharing that 90% of students, more or less, who are on the waitlist get accepted off of the WL. I’m not sure if what that OMS-II student said is accurate, but I have a feeling if you get placed on the WL, you’re still well in the running for an A from PCOM-GA.

@hungryalways

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get the email about MHQ packet, vaccine records, laboratory reports and tuberculosis screening? Where can we access the forms?
Does anybody have more information on these pre-matriculation requirements? Is the laboratory report a drug screen?

Received an OOS II Friday via phone call just declined in hopes of it going to one of y'all:) good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Any word on acceptances? I feel like no one has heard back since the 02/21 interviews but I could be wrong
I interviewed 2/23 and still have not heard back. Application portal is sitting at 6 bars currently. We've still got about two weeks left to hear back so hopefully something soon.

For anybody at 7 bars right now, when I heard back a few months ago, I was at 7 bars on Thursday and I heard back the following day on Friday. That's likely what is happening with you all, too.

Reactions: 3 users
Havent checked the portal since earlier this week but sitting at 7 bars as of this morning. Hope to hear today.
Wishing you guys the best of luck and hope you get the decision you want!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a second menu showing up for you guys with 7 bars, like there has been in the past?

Is there a second menu showing up for you guys with 7 bars, like there has been in the past?
Nope, minus personal info, this is what it looks like.
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 3.11.22 PM.png

Welp looks like its nearing 5 pm today yall, guess I will see you all back on Monday haha

I need some consistency here lol-- some people got WL'd a week after the interview, some got their decision the same day as the bars being complete, some got it the day after the bars. Like damn, I just want to know.

A off the WL yesterday (03/21/2024). Got on the WL 02/23/2024.
Is there an accepted students GroupMe or alternative?

Anyone know the deadline for the background check?

I interviewed 2/23 and have been at 7 bars since Thursday.

I don't see the second drop-down menu. Does anyone see the second drop-down?

I called and they said they'll email me a decision letter, but they didn't say when. Patiently/anxiously waiting

I interviewed 2/23 and have been at 7 bars since Thursday.

I don't see the second drop-down menu. Does anyone see the second drop-down?

I called and they said they'll email me a decision letter, but they didn't say when. Patiently/anxiously waiting
If second drop down is not showing, then it is either Rejection or waitlisted.

This had been a credible way for all PCOM campuses to find out before the official emails.

If you get accepted off of waitlisted, then it will show the deposit information as well.

hey can someone give me a quick rundown of what the bars and colors means?? i currently got 6 dark blue bars. thanks and sorry if this question has already been asked

hey can someone give me a quick rundown of what the bars and colors means?? i currently got 6 dark blue bars. thanks and sorry if this question has already been asked
4 is application complete w materials received.
5 is interview invite
6 is file under review (I think)
7 is that a decision has been made

4 is application complete w materials received.
5 is interview invite
6 is file under review (I think)
7 is that a decision has been made
thanks and i read that that typically move to 7 bars on thursdays? any experience with that?

thanks and i read that that typically move to 7 bars on thursdays? any experience with that?
I got my decision on a Friday, so I assume mine moved to 7 bars that day before. But look at the last few comments on this thread :/ idk what pcom is doing tbh

If you look at history of when the decision renders out, I think it changes most frequently on Wendsday and Thursday. I am assuming it has to do with admission committee meeting that takes place on either of those days.

WL. not shocked whatsoever, late March decision is nearly always a WL.
I hold As elsewhere so was just waiting for funsies on this one.
WL as well, also hold A's elsewhere, however, being from ATL, would prefer PCOM.

I actually calculated the rough chance of getting off from the waitlist from statistic data from their website.

Maximum getting off of waitlisted is about 40% given at least 85% of interviewed applicants either get acceptance or waitlisted.

WL movement happens a lot on Thursday, Friday when there's admission committee meeting.

I am not sure if class is actually full where they are sending out waitlit only or just a school thing.

I am guessing, since having multiple campuses, being a DO school and school's mission on diversified school class profile,
They would waitlist people who are qualified, and when interview is finished, they would then prioritize by the likehood of matriculation and start pulling people off of waitlist.

And there must be specific standard how fill the class should be with people who would actually attend.

Last edited:
I actually calculated the rough chance of getting off from the waitlist from statistic data from their website.

Minimum getting at least off of waitlisted is about 40% given at least 85% of interviewed applicants either get acceptance or waitlisted.

WL movement happens a lot on Thursday, Friday when there's admission committee meeting.

I am not sure if class is actually full where they are sending out waitlit only or just a school thing.

I am guessing, since having multiple campuses, being a DO school and school's mission on diversified school class profile,
They would waitlist people who are qualified, and when interview is finished, they would then prioritize by the likehood of matriculation and start pulling people off of waitlist.

And there must be specific standard how fill the class should be with people who would actually attend.
Can you elaborate on how you calculated the chance of getting off the waitlist being 40% from the school’s data?

I'd guess from here: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) Program Data | PCOM Georgia
Doing the math from # accepted vs. # matriculated
That doesn't really give a chance of getting off of waitlist.

But from certain source, you can kinda find how many people getting interview or other campus like PCOM South just post how many they interview.

Interview candidates × 0.85 (assuming 15% people getting rejected)

Gives either waitlisted or acceptance.

If 367 people are given acceptance with 135 class size, and waitlist only rendered out after class is full, then we can guess

367-135 which is 232 people who had at least had gotten off from waitlist

232/ total waitlisted gives the statistical value for the chance.

For PCOM South, it is roughly 280 interviews for 59 seats, with 165 acceptances.

So maximum 106 people were pulled from waitlist.

0.85 × 280 is 238.

Therefore, it is 106/238 which is 44%.

Considering pcom ga will follow similar trend for its school's mission and average stats of candidates, I would expect it will be similar to South or even worse since it's more popular.

But this is not anything reliable to believe the actual chance.

It just tells objectively that at least this amount of people don't get in even after getting waitlisted.

However, there can be case where acceptance offer are made a lot in early cycle where people turn down the acceptances where it leads acceptance made on a following interviewed applicants who gets acceptance right away rather than getting waitlisted which will lower the maximum waitlisted people getting pulled.

Therefore, it matters a lot when you get waitlisted, and their is a significantly different chance for people getting off from it depending on when the decision was made. Because cumulative acceptances which will lead to matriculation builds quicker as the cycle gets closer to end. So there is huge difference in significance of difference between getting December vs Jan waitlisted compare to Jan vs Feb.

There might be only a month apart, but chance of getting off of waitlisted will be much lower as it gets to late cycle since it is exponential.

But again, I believe school will build class profile to their mission where everyone hold different values and priority. But it is safe to assume maximum chance of getting off of waitlist is no more than 44%

Last edited:
367-135 which is 23
That doesn't really give a chance of getting off of waitlist.

But from certain source, you can kinda find how many people getting interview or other campus like PCOM South just post how many they interview.

Interview candidates × 0.85 (assuming 15% people getting rejected)

Gives either waitlisted or acceptance.

If 367 people are given acceptance with 135 class size, and waitlist only rendered out after class is full, then we can guess

367-135 which is 232 people who had at least had gotten off from waitlist

232/ total waitlisted gives the statistical value for the chance.

For PCOM South, it is roughly 280 interviews for 59 seats, with 165 acceptances.

So maximum 106 people were pulled from waitlist.

0.85 × 280 is 238.

Therefore, it is 106/238 which is 44%.

Considering pcom ga will follow similar trend for its school's mission and average stats of candidates, I would expect it will be similar to South or even worse since it's more popular.

But this is not anything reliable to believe the actual chance.

It just tells objectively that at least this amount of people don't get in even after getting waitlisted.
This looks like a problem off the MCAT lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users