Post-Apocalyptic WWorld of Pokemon - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Sign up for any games? :p"
"No, was just reading the Pokemon thread this afternoon"
"Oh Pokemon?! If there was one thing to get me started, that would have been it."

+pissed+
Lol, I'd give him my role.

Members don't see this ad.

Just missing one action that can be submitted late, and I'm awake, so will be closing night in ~15 minutes. Chance for waffles is now.

edit: night closed, results pending.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
In Pallet Township...

There were very mixed emotions found in Pallet Township tonight. The whole community was still reeling from the loss of Professor Oak, whose laboratory had been a cornerstone of their world pre-apocalypse, and whose wisdom they had come to lean upon in the years following. While most were just sad, there were also those quiet but persistent whispers that his death could not have been natural... that you don't go from the vibrant man he was to dead without someone's intervention. There was no evidence, of course. The medics had found no evidence of foul play on autopsy... but of course they actually hadn't found evidence of anything fatal, either.

On the opposite end of the emotional scale, reports of pokemon successfully evolving - and staying evolved without immediately going rampant - were rushing in from all of the other settlements. Combined with Ash's sighting right outside the township walls, the excitement that the virus may be gone had reached an all-time high. The more reckless of people were already celebrating and forgoing their pokemon's everstones for the first time in years, while most were simply cautiously hopeful and waited patiently for more information. We will definitely see.

Most people found themselves mulling over these thoughts and sleeping quite restlessly in bed tonight. The horrendous, wordless howl that many heard in the middle of the night did not help, nor the constant quiet sound of pokeballs opening and closing. The morning could not have come soon enough, and as the sunlight turned harsh once more, everybody awoke to a shining new day.

Nobody has died.

It is now Day 3. Lynch deadline is 8PM EST, or a large unmoving majority. Note roster moves, please.

Roster:

2. Mad Jack
3. heyyimhayley
4. lhmhtd
5. Kam325
6. Jilary
8. thedrjojo
9. Zensing
10. orca2011
11. finnickthedog
12. ketoone
13. LadyOtheFarm
14. PrincessButterCup
15. hazelmoo
16. kcoughli
17. BrownSwissCows
18. Ashgirl
19. dyachei
29. brightimpressio
20. LetItSnow
21. Lupin21
22. DVMDream
23. alohacat319
24. Teepster87
25. rockatiel
27. allieh8607
28. SummerTheLynx
26. Stb1473
31. StartingoverVet
32. Flim Flam Man
33. ResoluteMike
30. Romoret

Dead:
7. Devastating - Professor Oak
1. WildZoo - Porygon

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Late night semi relevant post: my birthday is this week so I just received a gift in the mail from my BFF (opened it early )

and it is...A POKEMON! I'm totally an adult.

ImageUploadedBySDN1458632653.204653.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Apparently everyone wanted a piece of me last night. Good try wolves, better luck next time. That's some bad juju trying to kill last games mod so early...

I believe you were Krampus...

My favorite role is from that game - Alice in Wonderland :)
You were a great seer in that game! :) (I'm maybe a wee biased since you were my manatee but still!)

I think my favorite (and most frustrating) was Barney from HIMYM. Lovvvved that role :love:.

Also- I was ambushed last night and attacked/injured, so I can't vote today :(

Thank you to whoever sent me the full restore!! ❤️

Quick question for mods, for my sake (but may be helpful to others too):
Will close of day/Lynch always be at 8pm EST? I'm going to have to start setting alarms for earlier in the day if so. I'm usually waking up and/or driving to work around that time.

Quick question for mods, for my sake (but may be helpful to others too):
Will close of day/Lynch always be at 8pm EST? I'm going to have to start setting alarms for earlier in the day if so. I'm usually waking up and/or driving to work around that time.
That's the current plan. I'm on a very flexible block, though, so if people would prefer early/later I can make it happen. 7AM night deadline is solid, though.

That's the current plan. I'm on a very flexible block, though, so if people would prefer early/later I can make it happen. 7AM night deadline is solid, though.
An hour later would be nice, same time is ok, but not earlier please.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cause the write up gives me pause that there might be something else going on... No notation of a failed attack, but you can maybe hint at one of the evolved pokemon could be a wolf... Sounds too quiet
Why would STL bring attention to himself if he was converted? Unless he was afraid someone tracked him and he needed an explanation? Still think that sounds weird to me.

Is it possible the wolves are able to both kill and injure?

Also, just want to briefly remind everyone to pay attention to the roster and start new PMs if you've moved or the person under you has. Even if you don't need to communicate anything right now I think opening as many lines of communication as possible will be helpful later on.

Reactions: 3 users

Also, just want to briefly remind everyone to pay attention to the roster and start new PMs if you've moved or the person under you has. Even if you don't need to communicate anything right now I think opening as many lines of communication as possible will be helpful later on.
This is largely conjecture, but in past games one wolf out of the pack has been able to block or silence or whatever, so in my mind I would think that yes, they are able to both kill and injure. Therefore whoever is doing the scratch attack/ambush is high on my list of wolfy roles/abilities.

Reactions: 1 users
If there are other pokes in the game, maybe their abilities are moves that they use on each other to injure them? Maybe it's like the games--paralyzed, asleep, poisoned, etc.

If there are other pokes in the game, maybe their abilities are moves that they use on each other to injure them? Maybe it's like the games--paralyzed, asleep, poisoned, etc.
Wasn't Hazelmoo put to sleep on N1? It would explain that if we could use status effecting moves like Hypnosis. I guess there is also the possibility that there's a Poke Flute being passed around somewhere.

Wasn't Hazelmoo put to asleep on N1? It would explain that if this were true, unless there's a Poke Flute being passed around somewhere.

She was just given a full restore, so I def think it could be someone using sing, or some other sleep move. If jigglypuff is a character I might die. She's one of my favorites :laugh:

nor the constant quiet sound of pokeballs opening and closing

This to me sounds like there were multiple capture attempts last night, don't know about the success though. Maybe if wolves choose to capture they can't kill that night?

Reactions: 2 users
Lynch Hayley.

I thought it was weird that she hadn't opened up a PM with html....even if you don't have something to say right now, you're better off at least opening the lines of communication so you have them in the future if the roster changes.

I think it's even weirder that she liked Allie's post reminding people to open PMs, and still hasn't done it.

She was just given a full restore, so I def think it could be someone using sing, or some other sleep move. If jigglypuff is a character I might die. She's one of my favorites :laugh:
Jigglypuff actually seems likely... she's gen 1, was a recurring anime character, and as you mentioned can use Sing to put foes to sleep.

Lynch Hayley

Something in my night action hinted something suspicious about someone who hadn't opened a line of communication. Not saying Hayley is the wolf but it's better than random.

Lynch Haley

For now, anyway, barring any new information.

Kam brings up a good point if she's telling the truth; not at least opening up a line of communication -- even if there isn't much to talk about right now -- seems extremely sketchy to me. Like she has something to hide.

I do understand being busy, but it takes literally maybe a minute to just open a PM convo, and we're on D3 at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lynch Hayley

Something in my night action hinted something suspicious about someone who hadn't opened a line of communication. Not saying Hayley is the wolf but it's better than random.
That makes me even more comfortable in my lynch vote, then.

I'm willing to waffle as I am not sure where the suspicion I found is leaning toward or who it is from, but I just want to hear from Hayley.

Clin path is boring.

As for opening PMs with people... I really don't talk to anyone. Have always been like that in these games. Definitely haven't opened up a PM with the person below me. But that is how I play, don't like that, tough ****.

I don't know if hayley is normally talkative or not, so you guys will have to speculate on that.

Clin path is boring.

As for opening PMs with people... I really don't talk to anyone. Have always been like that in these games. Definitely haven't opened up a PM with the person below me. But that is how I play, don't like that, tough ****.

I don't know if hayley is normally talkative or not, so you guys will have to speculate on that.
Definitely a wolf, with heartworm and unusual bathroom habits

I have to problems voting hayley, but

lynch LotF

She role revealed as Magikarp. Magikarp is lame, but Gyarados sure isn't. I think someone may have tried capturing her to evolve her. Lack of wolf kill makes me think the wolves may have her.

I don't think that it's so much that she hasn't opened the PM as it is that she hasn't opened it and liked Allie's post reminding people to do so but still hasn't done so herself. Could be nothing, for sure, but I'm willing to go with the little bit of info that was been posted by Rocky, Kam, and html over nothing until Haley comes and offers an explanation.

Sounds like there could be multiple people who haven't opened a convo but it is weird she liked Allie's post. Since there's no plurality,
Lynch Hayley

But I'm interested to hear her response.

I have to problems voting hayley, but

lynch LotF

She role revealed as Magikarp. Magikarp is lame, but Gyarados sure isn't. I think someone may have tried capturing her to evolve her. Lack of wolf kill makes me think the wolves may have her.

Argh, typo, should say no problems. Didn't want to edit it though.

I mean, I don't think not outwardly opening a convo is suspicious or wolfy (because I've definitely forgotten to open lines of communication and haven't really done it in past games) but from what I can gather, someone is not engaging in the convo because they could come forward with something and it's a "she". Just want to hear from her. She has a while.

I don't think that it's so much that she hasn't opened the PM as it is that she hasn't opened it and liked Allie's post reminding people to do so but still hasn't done so herself. Could be nothing, for sure, but I'm willing to go with the little bit of info that was been posted by Rocky, Kam, and html over nothing until Haley comes and offers an explanation.

Oh, not saying you are wrong or even disagreeing. Just pointing out that if someone starts this whole thing of not opening PMs being "suspicious" that it is going to get super annoying really quickly for those that don't PM normally.

Reactions: 2 users
Clin path is boring.

Yeah, I usually only open one...but in this game I think it's a little different. You don't have to actually talk in the convo, but opening it preserves the opportunity for later down the road, in case the roster changes. Especially w/ the restrictions on who can open. If html needed to talk to Hayley, she could only do it if Hayley was the one to open the PM. So I think it's better off for everyone to open every convo you're given the opportunity to start, even if you don't make use of it.

I don't care if Hayley talks or not, I just think it's weird she would like that post and still not open the PM.

fwiw there's two completely separate parts to the allieh post. I could see someone in a hurry skimming the top and thinking the bottom was just elaboration.

I can PM with any player. Not a big deal to share this because people will find out as I have more things to say and more PMs to open.

I already opened one with STB randomly, so she knows my ability and can attest to this.

AHHHH! Stop lynching Hayley you guys!! She's a villager. She didn't start PMing the person below her right away because she didn't realize that was the rule.

AHHHH! Stop lynching Hayley you guys!! She's a villager. She didn't start PMing the person below her right away because she didn't realize that was the rule.

This too. I didn't know the game started yesterday, so I had skimmed everything and missed that part of the opening rules.

And also because I don't need to because my ability is that I can start PMs with anyone at any time. So even if html moves, I still would be able to talk to them if I needed to in the future.

Sounds like there could be multiple people who haven't opened a convo but it is weird she liked Allie's post. Since there's no plurality,
Lynch Hayley

But I'm interested to hear her response.

STB, you knew my ability before you voted for me. Why would you vote to lynch me? Obviously based on my ability, it would make perfect sense to not open up PMs until I need to since it doesn't affect me when people move.

Sounds reasonable (plus Hmoo's AAAAAAH seems a little over the top to be a wolf response), unlynch Hayley.

I can PM with any player. Not a big deal to share this because people will find out as I have more things to say and more PMs to open.

I already opened one with STB randomly, so she knows my ability and can attest to this.
This is true (or at least mods haven't shut down our convo :laugh:). I didn't want to out her ability without her permission. However, it still seems strange you haven't talked to anyone before me if it's your ability. Kam had a good point above that if the person below you wants to talk to you, they can't until you start a convo. So even if you don't have anything to say it's not a bad idea to open one.

Unlynch Hayley

STB, you knew my ability before you voted for me. Why would you vote to lynch me? Obviously based on my ability, it would make perfect sense to not open up PMs until I need to since it doesn't affect me when people move.
See my post above ^ Why haven't you talked to anyone before me? And what if Html wanted to talk to you?

See my post above ^ Why haven't you talked to anyone before me? And what if Html wanted to talk to you?

Day 1 I was out all day, and I didn't know the game was starting that soon, as I posted on thread.

I didn't have anything to say to anyone since it was still early. I'm not a big PM'er in games in general. FWIW you were above me yesterday and didn't start one with me. So your accusations again make no sense. I started one with you just to use my ability for something, and I asked you a question I was wondering.

Would you guys like it if I start PMs with everyone right now in case people have things to say to me in the future? Because I literally will do this now.

This too. I didn't know the game started yesterday, so I had skimmed everything and missed that part of the opening rules.

And also because I don't need to because my ability is that I can start PMs with anyone at any time. So even if html moves, I still would be able to talk to them if I needed to in the future.
Day 1 I was out all day, and I didn't know the game was starting that soon, as I posted on thread.

I didn't have anything to say to anyone since it was still early. I'm not a big PM'er in games in general. FWIW you were above me yesterday and didn't start one with me. So your accusations again make no sense. I started one with you just to use my ability for something, and I asked you a question I was wondering.

Would you guys like it if I start PMs with everyone right now in case people have things to say to me in the future? Because I literally will do this now.
Fair enough. I can understand that.

Unlynch Haley

I was above MJ, not you.

I said I was wanting to hear your response and I unlynched when you answered. I was just asking questions.

I was above MJ, not you.

I said I was wanting to hear your response and I unlynched when you answered. I was just asking questions.

You're right, I was confused. Someone else told me you were, and I didn't bother checking to confirm. So ignore that part of my post.