Profile needed for an out of state acceptance at MSU or OSU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fisher

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone let me know what type of out-of-state applicants are getting accepted at Michigan State and Oklahoma State? Because the spots are fewer I would assume that the competition is a bit stiffer. Any info on stats/profile would be great. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

fisher said:
Can someone let me know what type of out-of-state applicants are getting accepted at Michigan State and Oklahoma State? Because the spots are fewer I would assume that the competition is a bit stiffer. Any info on stats/profile would be great. Thanks

I was accepted to MSUCOM as an OOS applicant. You are welcome to read my stats, my profile link is in my signature. I didn't apply to OSUCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
fisher said:

PM me and tell me your stats. I am an out-of-state student from OSU-COM.

What kind of financial aid is available for OOS students at these two schools, and what kind of debt are you (osudoc and MSU-com student) expecting to accrue?

Thanks.

Packamylase said:
What kind of financial aid is available for OOS students at these two schools, and what kind of debt are you (osudoc and MSU-com student) expecting to accrue?

Thanks.

As with all schools,

$38,500 Stafford
$6,000 Perkins

This is what I take out for OSU-COM.

I was accepted to MSU-COM as an out of state applicant. My stats are as follows:

Cum GPA: 3.80
BPCM GPA: 3.91
MCAT: PS 8; VR 9; BS 10; WS N
Plus a lot of shadowing, volunteer work, and research.

For a more detailed look, check out my MDapps profile.

-DrL

I'd like to hear from those from TCOM and UNJSOM as well. How likely is it for someone from the South (NC) to be accepted to one those two public schools?

Thanks.

Packamylase said:
I'd like to hear from those from TCOM and UNJSOM as well. How likely is it for someone from the South (NC) to be accepted to one those two public schools?

Thanks.

TCOM is VERY COMPETITIVE for out of state students.

Their average acceptance stats are similar to many of the MD schools in the state.

Packamylase said:

Thanks.

Forget TCOM unless God writes you an LOR and you are the dean's illegitimate son.

scpod said:
Forget TCOM unless God writes you an LOR and you are the dean's illegitimate son.

Actually, he was rejected.

Howdy-Doody.jpg

scpod said:
Shouldn't you still be at the sports bar?

I'm on the way back up there in a few minutes. I had to come home for dinner, since I'm tired of bar food.

Thanks for everyone's responses!