You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the dates listed below are correct:
8/2, Sunday- white coat ceremony
8/3-8/7, Monday to Friday- orientation
8/10, Monday- classes begin
This is correct! That is all the info I've gotten in emails etc. and pre-matric is 6/22-7/24 for anyone who will be participating in that too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks ill correct.Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the dates listed below are correct:
8/2, Sunday- white coat ceremony
8/3-8/7, Monday to Friday- orientation
8/10, Monday- classes begin
Just got an email that hold list applicants are guaranteed acceptance for the 2016 class if we do not gain admission to the 2015 class. I am beyond ecstatic right now! Submitting my deposit ASAP.
@paramore0909
@paramore0909
Just got an email that hold list applicants are guaranteed acceptance for the 2016 class if we do not gain admission to the 2015 class. I am beyond ecstatic right now! Submitting my deposit ASAP.
@paramore0909
looks like you don't need to submit a deposit until August just in case you get into the class for 2015
Yep, just called them!looks like you don't need to submit a deposit until August just in case you get into the class for 2015
that is amazing!! congrats to all on the hold list!Just got an email that hold list applicants are guaranteed acceptance for the 2016 class if we do not gain admission to the 2015 class. I am beyond ecstatic right now! Submitting my deposit ASAP.
@paramore0909
Yay for hold listers ! Congrats everyone ! Thanks for all the support !
HAVE HOPE ALL !! but Congrats to my fellow Holders too!! 🙂
Yes, they have two interview days next week.
@BIOGUY2119 If you don't mind me asking, what day did you interview last week? I know there was more than one date, just trying to figure out where I stand and remain hopeful! thanks!
Nope. Think we have to pay first. But you can use your Rowan ID to make sure your finaid stuff is in order.Does anyone have access to their student email account yet?
Okay thanks!Nope. Think we have to pay first. But you can use your Rowan ID to make sure your finaid stuff is in order.
Nope. Think we have to pay first. But you can use your Rowan ID to make sure your finaid stuff is in order.
Whee do we find our rowan id?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Whee do we find our rowan id?
I found my ID on the financial aid award letter they sent me.
I found my ID on the financial aid award letter they sent me.
Thank you!
Any hold calls?
Just to confirm
All I have to do with academics at the end of the term is send them an official transcript?
All I have to do with academics at the end of the term is send them an official transcript?
pretty sure this is correct! make sure to work on the health paperwork. that's the most time consuming thing to get done and it has a June 10th deadlineJust to confirm
All I have to do with academics at the end of the term is send them an official transcript?
also what was the talk of possible Apple computers option? instead of Dell...anyone know the verdict on that?
pretty sure this is correct! make sure to work on the health paperwork. that's the most time consuming thing to get done and it has a June 10th deadline
Oh gosh I know!
I feel like I've been working on it forever.
also what was the talk of possible Apple computers option? instead of Dell...anyone know the verdict on that?
The word is that is not happening, you will be getting a PC but I am unsure if it will be a Dell or something else. It will not be an Apple though.
Has anyone on waitlist called? Are they telling the ranks this year like they did last year?
For those accepted,
Are you all going to the summer program? If so, at campus or online?
And can you post official dates for white coat ceremony, pre-matriculation program start/end, first day of classes?
Thanks.
For those accepted,
Are you all going to the summer program? If so, at campus or online?
And can you post official dates for white coat ceremony, pre-matriculation program start/end, first day of classes?
Thanks.
if you go on the website and click on the current students tab, there are links there to get you answers to all of those questions.Has anyone on waitlist called? Are they telling the ranks this year like they did last year?
For those accepted,
Are you all going to the summer program? If so, at campus or online?
And can you post official dates for white coat ceremony, pre-matriculation program start/end, first day of classes?
Thanks.
Here is the link to the academic calendar for next year: http://www.rowan.edu/som/education/undergraduate_medical/documents/AcadCalNext.pdf
Pre-matric start - 6/22
Pre-matric end - 7/24
White coat - 8/2
Classes/Orientation start - 8/3
I'll be at the in-person pre-matric
Hope that helps with your questions!
Just withdrew from Rowan. Hoping for good news to those on the waitlist!
Is there a set date we have to withdraw by?
Is there a set date we have to withdraw by?
The sooner the better, I'd think. You going to attend PCOM?
Accepted yesterday!! On my birthday!! And she didn't know until I told her! So blessed! Stay hopeful all!
Hey not sure that there is deadline to withdraw BUT there is a date where AACOMAS reports the names of people accepted and to multiple schools and each school will see where their accepted students got into. Not sure that date but they will start contacting uIs there a set date we have to withdraw by?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually withdrew from PCOM :-/ I'll be attending an MD school closer to home. I loved Rowan so it's hard to give it up, but I hope one of you gets it!The sooner the better, I'd think. You going to attend PCOM?
Best of luck to you in medical school ! 🙂Just withdrew from Rowan. Hoping for good news to those on the waitlist!
Congratulations !!!!! & Happy Birthday !Accepted yesterday!! On my birthday!! And she didn't know until I told her! So blessed! Stay hopeful all!
Accepted yesterday!! On my birthday!! And she didn't know until I told her! So blessed! Stay hopeful all!
OMG! I am super excited for you, I've been following your progress since i got my acceptance back in march. Can't wait to meet you. Big Congrats medlife!
THX!!!!!Congratulations !!!!! & Happy Birthday !
Thanksssss soooo much!!! cant wait either!!OMG! I am super excited for you, I've been following your progress since i got my acceptance back in march. Can't wait to meet you. Big Congrats medlife!
anyone know approx how long are classes per day for how many days a week for the pre matric?
Essentially 9-4or5. Monday thru Friday.anyone know approx how long are classes per day for how many days a week for the pre matric?
I was accepted yesterday!!!
Congratulations !!!!! So happy for you 🙂I was accepted yesterday!!!
Thanks you! I am excited to start and meet you all.Congratulations !!!!! So happy for you 🙂
Hey guys, mind sharing stats for those who got accepted? i am applying this cycle.
yes_sir_44,Hey guys, mind sharing stats for those who got accepted? i am applying this cycle.
3.0 ugpa, 3.8 gradgpa, overall GPA I don't know to be honest (like a 3.2 maybe), 30 MCAT. Several years of wet laboratory/computational research, completed M.S. in Biology with a thesis (graduated with distinction this past Thursday woohoo!) and I have 2 publications in the pipeline one 1st author and one 2nd author.
My ugpa was most likely my biggest hurdle, but I guess I compensated for it with other achievements.
3.8c/3.7s gpas. 27mcat. Instate.Hey guys, mind sharing stats for those who got accepted? i am applying this cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to withdraw. I would've totally attended, if I wasn't accepted elsewhere. Good luck! I hope the seat goes to one of you beautiful people.
Best of luck to you !I'm going to withdraw. I would've totally attended, if I wasn't accepted elsewhere. Good luck! I hope the seat goes to one of you beautiful people.
So happy for u!!!!I was accepted yesterday!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 565
- Views
- 138K
- Replies
- 888
- Views
- 225K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 257K
- Replies
- 868
- Views
- 191K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K