Serial/Criminal Minds WW - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh she already decided to kill you, as a little treat, so the rest doesn't matter
Let’s be real, letting her kill me is the best birthday present I could have given her and her bloodthirst

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
4AAE2D84-685A-499F-A8EE-0E9B4A326E35.png

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Vote AM

I wanted to do more rereading and analysis but just didn’t have the energy today, only got to page 5. The Bob ISO and vote trackers (though I haven’t done exhaustive VCA) were helpful, though. The combo of not wanting it to be AM because it’s sad to realize mom is village reading you because she’s pocketing you, not because you’re wolfhunting well (🥲), and the endgame paranoia telling me it’s too easy for it to be AM is making this vote difficult. However, the Bob ISO really points that way to me, in combo with samac’s points on why AM’s particularly compatible with Bob.

Reactions: 1 user
BREAKING NEWS
The reporter chewed on the tip of their pencil, puzzling out how the crime reporting assignment seemed to be filled with once-in-a-career cases weekly. People have definitely been going a bit... off the rails lately, as it were. They shot off a question before Kevin from The Daily Quarter could get another word in edgewise. "Why the deerstalker?"

The agent sighed, clearly not answering this question for the first time. "This suspect seems to take a certain degree of... satisfaction from feeling as if they are catching others in a ruse. Enjoying catching them in the act, if you will. The Sherlock getup apparently enhances that feeling."

"In the act? I was under the impression there was no sexual component to the railway murders."

"There isn't, I mean the act of lying. Every victim was a coworker of the suspect, ones who seemingly went to great lengths to avoid socializing with or especially replying to text messages from the suspect."

"You had profiled this suspect as a loner," Kevin piped in, "and one who probably couldn't keep a job at that. Now you're saying they had coworkers - who were their friends. Was your profile wrong?"

The agent looked even more annoyed, this time the sigh seemed more internal, like he wished he could be at home with a cigar and a scotch rather than at this press conference. "No. Our suspect is a loner, simply not by choice. And if you look into his history, he has gone through a string of jobs - and was fired from all of them for harassing coworkers."

The reporter puzzled over the title she'd choose for this one. So many options. Sherlock Samac Strikes for Last Time? Friendly Foe Foiled? Runaway Train Caught at Last? They all felt a bit vaudevillian, too cartoonish. But they say reality is stranger than fiction...

The reporter tuned back in to the press conference just in time to catch another question. "Why did he keep saying he was right? Right about what?"

The agent's face darkened. "He was right in his mind about one thing - his victims would still be alive if they had just messaged him back."

Awaiting trial is @samac , who was "probably a loner and cannot keep a job," a vanilla villager.

Driving the train doesn't set its course. The real job is laying the track

~~~
"You know as well as we do," an agent said at the start of the press conference, "That this is a highly unusual case, with a lot of press attention. We're hoping this arrest can put area residents at ease and want to reassure you that it is once again safe to dine at local seafood restaurants."

"At this time we are still unclear regarding how this suspect acquired so many school buses, or how he managed to fill them with so many lobsters without allowing his victims to escape. We suspect he rigged a drop zone where they would be flooded into the buses from the emergency exits located on the roofs of the buses."

The reporter called out from the crowd. "And about his manifesto? How do wolves play into this?"

"The use of animals in these murders is interesting," a younger agent said, "Lobsters are considered functionally immortal, because of an overabundance of telomerase allowing them to maintain long telomeres and essentially youthful DNA indefinitely. Lobsters eventually die during moulting or from direct attacks, hence why we think this unsub used physical entrapment reminiscent of lobster traps as part of his MO. This obsession with immortality and insistence on forcing his victims to listen to his ramblings for 48 hours suggests he is an extreme narcissist, bordering on having a God complex.

"The wolf manifesto reported by the victims initially sounds odd, but we believe this suspect was trying to prove that coordinated working in teams allows for indefinite successful survival. This was furthered by the fact that the victims that survived his attacks only managed to do so by working together to escape the bus."

A third agent gently butted in. "We are still trying to understand what 'bussing works!' means, given that this suspect repeatedly shouted it upon arrest, but we feel it is related to the fact that the survivors unfortunately had to run over one of the bus occupants to use them as a makeshift parking break to ensure survival of the remainder of the group."

Another reporter, shooting a hand fast into the air: "And can you comment on this suspect's insistence on rolling the buses into local lakes and water features?"

"It is our current understanding that the suspect believed these bodies of water to be filled with lobsters, though lobsters are not native to these freshwater habitats and cannot survive there. We believe the suspect was conflating lobsters with crayfish."

Awaiting trial is @Stagg737, who was "an extreme narcissist, bordering on having a God complex," village gleaner.

Death comes to us all; we can only choose how to face it when it comes.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I fight tooth and nail in RvB up to claiming inno and I still get yeeted.

Here I sit knowing I could have been cleared if only I voted for Bob and people are actually giving me a fair chance.

I feel relief, but confused relief. Maybe village will be okay if I die.

"You know as well as we do," an agent said at the start of the press conference, "That this is a highly unusual case, with a lot of press attention. We're hoping this arrest can put area residents at ease and want to reassure you that it is once again safe to dine at local seafood restaurants."

"At this time we are still unclear regarding how this suspect acquired so many school buses, or how he managed to fill them with so many lobsters without allowing his victims to escape. We suspect he rigged a drop zone where they would be flooded into the buses from the emergency exits located on the roofs of the buses."

The reporter called out from the crowd. "And about his manifesto? How do wolves play into this?"

"The use of animals in these murders is interesting," a younger agent said, "Lobsters are considered functionally immortal, because of an overabundance of telomerase allowing them to maintain long telomeres and essentially youthful DNA indefinitely. Lobsters eventually die during moulting or from direct attacks, hence why we think this unsub used physical entrapment reminiscent of lobster traps as part of his MO. This obsession with immortality and insistence on forcing his victims to listen to his ramblings for 48 hours suggests he is an extreme narcissist, bordering on having a God complex.

"The wolf manifesto reported by the victims initially sounds odd, but we believe this suspect was trying to prove that coordinated working in teams allows for indefinite successful survival. This was furthered by the fact that the victims that survived his attacks only managed to do so by working together to escape the bus."

A third agent gently butted in. "We are still trying to understand what 'bussing works!' means, given that this suspect repeatedly shouted it upon arrest, but we feel it is related to the fact that the survivors unfortunately had to run over one of the bus occupants to use them as a makeshift parking break to ensure survival of the remainder of the group."

Another reporter, shooting a hand fast into the air: "And can you comment on this suspect's insistence on rolling the buses into local lakes and water features?"

"It is our current understanding that the suspect believed these bodies of water to be filled with lobsters, though lobsters are not native to these freshwater habitats and cannot survive there. We believe the suspect was conflating lobsters with crayfish."

Awaiting trial is @Stagg737, who was "an extreme narcissist, bordering on having a God complex," village gleaner.

Death comes to us all; we can only choose how to face it when it comes.
I am concerned that Stagg has tried to send us a message about bussing here

not sure if it's just his brand or if he gleaned something

Because wolves don’t just point a neon arrow to their partners in their reads and they try to make them not stick out as vastly different from their reads of villagers. Haven’t reread anything yet, but I’d be suspicious of people who had pretty same-y notes in Bob’s readslist.
So on this note:
Visc-seems to be hunting. And maybe some tests, just guessing
MKG- sounds most village. Just would like more content to feel even better. Not sure why ppl seem to have lower
Genny- seems like village Genny
Mel- hard to read but seems to be hunting and testing as well. Would be higher but too dang wolfy. Will inch his way down if it doesn’t get better
Pleasy and TME- neither hasn’t stuck out to me. Probably more bc I can’t ever keep all players in my head. Maybe they should be lower bc flying under radar. At least mine
AM- diff read but nothing stands out that I look for as wolfAM
Samac- up and down. Don’t know what to think. All over the place. Throw in last day vote and maybe lower
Cubs- almost voted him out the gate D2. But now I’m wavering bc something feels wrong if he is wolfing.
Cray- just landed. And hasn’t really done anything to climb out of POE and lurkers yet. Will have to update this
Stagg- I guess this is norm for stagg? But I vowed to push these until trend has reversed. Seems to be comfortable with level of lurking.
This comment on AM was the only thing I can remember (likely there were others I’ve forgotten, but idk) that gave Bob any significant wolf points in my eyes (balanced with some minor village points, it’s why he was initially in neutrals). Suddenly he knows AM wolf tells when, to my recollection, they’re usually wolf reading each other when v/v.

Now knowing that he’s wolf, it makes more sense to claim better ability to wolf read someone than you have, while village reading them, if they’re your partner (otherwise, how can you claim enough confidence in your village read to justify not voting them) than a villager (why not just wolf read them as usual, or if you want to keep them around because their reads are convenient, at least leave open that “well I can never read them well” excuse to suddenly “doubt” your village read if necessary). Plus, it’s very samey with other “well sounds village I guess” reads of myself and genny, so looks like it’s trying to blend in. That said, his neutral/mixed reads of samac, cray, cubs, and stagg don’t stick out much from one another. However, obviously samac and stagg weren’t wolfing, and cray and cubs aren’t in my POE right now.
I started the day looking at TME but have been less certain with more recent posts. Mel voting there doesn't comfort me.

Cray- most village. Good posts since no show. Likely not absent if playing wolf (correct me if she does that as wolf)
Visc-
Stagg- I need to look closer at the claim but it felt like a sincere reveal and true. I will keep healthy level of paranoia until proof
Samac/AM
Mel- need to check some ideas on him
TME/Cubs-moving in opposite directions. Cubs down and TME up. I need to check out some ideas on others after read through, reply, then I will try to commit
It looks like he bailed on having to deal with wording a fake read on AM, so lumped in samac and I as fellow blank reads. The hyphen could even mean he initially had something written for me, then when he decided not to risk treading the minefield of writing a fake read of a packmate, he deleted it to have more blank reads.

I know this is only really useful from my perspective of knowing I’m village, because otherwise it’s equally damning of myself and AM. But it’s part of why I’m voting AM so thought I’d show my work and hope it helps others, even if that’s only after I get misyeeted, though I’d prefer to avoid that.

Some selected Visc ISO. does a fair amount of defending Bob, but there's some parts of last nights vote I have a harder time reconciling with them as packmates. overall icky feeling but more investigating to do

pushing samac

defending alley

again pushing samac

this feels kind of like she backed down a bit too easily

reads on me. obviously i don't like them

hedgey (pot kettle, i know)

asking about bob

some cubs sus

backing down again

again, feels like something that i might say as a wolf if no wolves were on the board. in retrospect we know bob wasn't on the board. but to be fair i posted similar thoughts

I can't remember who "you" is in this POE list. bob is comfortably nestled in there but not in a dangerous spot

verrrry mild sus on bob

this was directed at plz about stagg

now talking about the D1 vote as if no wolves were on the board

interaction with bob

to plz, mild defense of mel?

such villagey opinion of bob, sussing cubs

calling AM/Mel interaction NAI

this is to samac, who was pushing bob

again, samac pushing bob

seems very interested in samac's read on her

interested in my read on bob

defending bob

this is where i start having a hard time with vis/bob as w/w, because this move put bob back in the lead

also wondering what the heck happened here. wondering if there was wolfchat discussion of a bus? or just brain fart

i'm not actually sure when vis started considering voting bob, when most recent quotes seemed to be defending him

trying to distance herself from Bob's reads list?
I know this defence is WIFOM as **** but I would never be brave enough to buddy a packmate this aggressively and repeatedly. Like for real, posting “This sparks Fear” directly in response to someone voting my packmate? LMFAO. No.

For clarification on when I was considering voting Bob, it was as I was getting caught up reading posts but before I reached where he claimed, not while I was posting, so no, there is no post where I’m pushing him last night.

I am concerned that Stagg has tried to send us a message about bussing here

not sure if it's just his brand or if he gleaned something
I DONT KNOW
I’VE BEEN TINFOILING IN MY HEAD
BOBLOBLOBSTERS AND BUSSES AND CRAYOLAFISH

The mods are taunting me.

deadchat is either cheering wildly for us or shaking their heads in shame

• Haha
deadchat is either cheering wildly for us or shaking their heads in shame
I’m slightly hoping that this is a deadchat or other mechanic that’s trying to point towards Cray.

Grr mechanics, but its one of those games that reminds me why I like dying or being voted off by D4

my brain is playing bass boosted mariah carey tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I’m slightly hoping that this is a deadchat or other mechanic that’s trying to point towards Cray.

Grr mechanics, but its one of those games that reminds me why I like dying or being voted off by D4
i have very good reason to believe that some or all players can influence their death writeups

I just don't know how much the mods adjust that influence so they might be laughing their heads off at us too

• Haha
@Animal Midwife controlled claim time? I think thread consensus seems to have you and Visc at top with maybe me and TME next and then cubs and cray? (Although I’d want Cray first BUT APPARENTLY THATS JUST ME)

@Animal Midwife controlled claim time? I think thread consensus seems to have you and Visc at top with maybe me and TME next and then cubs and cray? (Although I’d want Cray first BUT APPARENTLY THATS JUST ME)
My soul says no, but, without knowing if another double kill is loaded, it's probably time.

If that's what people want, let me know if you want me or Vis to go first.

my tinfoil brain that is reading into the writeup could be convinced to move to cray

my rational brain is saying no

My soul says no, but, without knowing if another double kill is loaded, it's probably time.

This is why the whole Mel/AM playing the game together separately thing pisses me off. Like really? You have your own plan and control what happens with the info you know until youve subjugated everyone else? I get that youre better players and Im just some peon in the grand scheme of things but everyone else has done all the work to this point and now youre like hey, lets finally discuss what the deal is here? Why even play the game then? Whatever.

This is why the whole Mel/AM playing the game together separately thing pisses me off. Like really? You have your own plan and control what happens with the info you know until youve subjugated everyone else? I get that youre better players and Im just some peon in the grand scheme of things but everyone else has done all the work to this point and now youre like hey, lets finally discuss what the deal is here? Why even play the game then? Whatever.
holy **** calm down
I asked AM because she’s probably the only one who’s done one. I was going to make a post and tag everyone to ask if they would agree to a controlled claim. The only way it works is if everyone agrees and chooses an order.

Reactions: 2 users
my claim will not be exciting, but i'm not opposed to it. I'm uncertain how helpful this exercise will be from my vantage point, but i'm interested in the potential for spicy reveals

for full disclosure I have an interview tomorrow so may be offline for large chunks of time if it takes a while to get to me