Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it possible that WZ was also silenced with this? We haven't heard anything from her today, right?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
She posted a couple times at 2:17pm (CT) in the Drunk Thread, and that's about all. I know she was helping with interviews today, but it would definitely make sense that she was silenced!

Members don't see this ad.

Lynch Kara

I don't hold LIS's WZ vote against him because he's LIS. Kara's reasoning for her vote seems the least solid.

And by solid I don't mean that anyone's votes are really solid today, but hers is the weirdest.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Silencing those who have a bounty out would actually make a lot of sense! Because wasn't Han Solo "silenced" by freezing him and encasing him carbonite? That doesn't necessarily mean that WZ is a wolf, or that Jabba is a wolf (Jabba probably will have a bounty out for both), but Jabba is likely chaos. (I think... I might be completely wrong but at least this is one theory).

It's a trap theory: Jabba is chaos (or possibly a lone wolf trying to build their pack), the reward is conversion (plenty of testimonials for how great the prize is!), and the win condition is getting us to fall for it X number of times.

Don't particularly like that the noobs who were suspicious this morning are bandwagoning this evening for no apparent reason.

Does anyone have wolfy feels about WZ? If not, why the heck would we lynch her to please an unknown messenger?
didn't think of it like that
unlynch wz

I'm unsure who to vote for. Haven't gotten any feels one way or another from Ceke in pm and the weird comment could just be the time difference. I know BBC isn't familiar with SW so can understand the confusion about the rebel alliance. Thought roommate movie night would go longer so had wanted to get a vote in. For now I'll continue to think

I might be leaning towards a vote for WZ for curiosities sake if she doesn't check in here at some point.

Anyone wanna help me out with a summary? I saw the weird post about the bounty on me and figured it wouldn't be an issue (why would anyone listen to something from Jabba??), but I noticed I'm getting some votes. If there are reasons other than the bounty thing, would like to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone wanna help me out with a summary? I saw the weird post about the bounty on me and figured it wouldn't be an issue (why would anyone listen to something from Jabba??), but I noticed I'm getting some votes. If there are reasons other than the bounty thing, would like to know.
I don't think there are other reasons, just to people really curious about the bounty and therefore willing to poke it with a stick.

Personally if the players voting for you think the "prizes" might be anything of game mechanic worth (like a lynch avoidance or something) I would expect wolves to jump all over the lynch because if you are a villager then they would net a villager kill and a potential bonus at the same time.

This sounds like a fishy chaos thing so far, especially since we don't know who the bounty would go to and it could potentially benefit either side.

No but her role should have said empire blah (I'm assuming) with alignment, so she should have been able to infer that anything other was wolf. However, if she didn't know star wars she might have been clarifying which rebels were the wolves? I dunno, I'm open to waffles, they're yummy.
Also this is the sort of thing I would be cautious about posting on main thread. Don't give the wolves a handbook on how to fake a village role name/description.

I don't remember this. I know she was confused at who the rebel alliance was because she's never seen the movies and the people she guessed as the rebels were randoms I wouldn't have expected when you first Google OT rebels.. but plausible.

Lynch Kara

Because she's been a wolf 2/2 times playing WW and I might not be around much the rest of the day, so want to make sure I get a vote in.

Noted. Showshoe is another good one to lynch, because that reason is almost more dumb than "rng"....

I think we're gonna crush a lot of noob spirits in this game. That's fine, it's better for the WW Empire that way.

Sorry guys I was at school all day.

I agree that the Jabba thing is chaotic sounding. I don't trust it at all, and I certainly wouldn't trust any kind of "reward" that comes from it. Trying it to see what happens is understandable, but I also think it's really easy for a wolf to now say "Oh let's try and lynch WZ to see what this weird thing is all about!"

Thing is - if we don't test it, we are never going to know and then it is just going to linger with a big question mark through the game. You don't get information by ignoring things.

I'm inclined to vote for ally or snowshoe because I HATE the "so and so is always a wolf" reason for a lynch. But I also find it suspicious that Krabs changed her vote as soon as someone pointed out that it was weird, and, like I said, it would be easy for the wolves to jump onto LIS' (admittedly sound) reason for lynching WZ.

Lynch Krabs for now.

Lynch cdo

Was quick to deflect a vote for her for emperor. I also thought her quote of my 3 posts was out of context as one was answering a question and another was just to put info out about my night results.
I also did vote for you to become Emperor, rather early in the vote as it is. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't one of the only ones to catch the fact that you've reminded us that you're vanilla three times now.

Current Lynch Tally
  • mmdream 1 (Ceke)
  • raf 1 (Caia)
  • genny 1 (ally)
  • BBC 3 (dy, Coopah, BBC)
  • WZ 3 (LIS, genny, kcoughli)
  • Ceke 6 (Raf, pippy, hmoo, mmdream, cdo, gwen)
  • Kara 3 (Snowshoe, PBC, guis)
  • cdo 1 (Jilary)
Deadline 10pmEST

Day 1 Lynch Tally:

3m (1)- ceke,
raf (1)- caia
genny (1)- ally
BBC (3)- dy, Coop, vmh
WZ (3)- LIS, genny, KC,
ceke (6)- raf, pip, hmoo, 3m, gwen, cdo
krabs (3)- SSdog, PBC, guis
cdo (1)- Jil

19/29 votes ~1 hr remaining...

missing: @awesomenessity , @Teepster87 , @SkiOtter , @Filly Bay , @WildZoo , @BeautifulBritishColumbia , @SARdoghandler , @LadyOtheFarm , @Cyndia, @Karabiner13

Devyn is drinking her weight in beer memorial gif
giphy.gif

I'm a villager this time which is probably why I'm going to be making mistakes. At night I just follow orders. I can give more if people want it but there should be at least one person who understands.

Out of the 2 that I've been thinking on, I think I'll
lynch bbc

I'm torn. I'm really curious what Jabba's bounty is, and I agree with LIS that the only true way to really find out is to test it. But I'm still a little suspicious of ceke, so I will tuck that away into future lynches

unlynch ceke, lynch WZ
because my curiosity is stronger than my suspicion. Willing to waffle though.

This was a weird comment. Why would you hold it against me? I amat least trying to game-solve.

Sketchy....

I phrased that in a weird way. I meant that wanting to play into a potential chaos trap didn't make me suspect you. It seemed like a weird way for others to vote, but you're also the guy who voted for a non-player for mayor, so it didn't seem like wolfy play coming from you.

Lynch BBC.

I am more sketched by her posts than by Ceke's

I'm torn. I'm really curious what Jabba's bounty is, and I agree with LIS that the only true way to really find out is to test it. But I'm still a little suspicious of ceke, so I will tuck that away into future lynches

unlynch ceke, lynch WZ
because my curiosity is stronger than my suspicion. Willing to waffle though.
This really makes me go o_O
My vote was a joke. Plenty of others have explained why it's probably a bad idea to follow a possible chaos character, and you decide to waffle onto WZ after that?
The only thing that's keeping me from voting for you now is that Hilary is, and I don't know if I trust her yet.

My vote was a joke. Plenty of others have explained why it's probably a bad idea to follow a possible chaos character, and you decide to waffle onto WZ after that?
The only thing that's keeping me from voting for you now is that Hilary is, and I don't know if I trust her yet.
Yeah, I really just don't know. The point is, we don't know what exactly comes from helping Jabba, good or bad. It could be a great thing, but there's really no proof either direction of what could happen. I'm pretty sure I've seen ones where chaos is good for villagers as well. I'm just not sure.. I was hoping there would be more discussion before lynch close.

Lynch ceke because of her comments earlier and because currently there is a tie.

I'm not really feeling the WZ vote because although I'm extremely curious about what the bounty prize is, I'm not entirely sure about following a potential chaos.
I know BBC just watched the movies for the first time this week, so I don't really want to vote her because even though some of her comments sound sketchy/weird. I'm not convinced yet.

Oof. Just got home from work and read thread top to bottom. Have some thoughts about my potential suspicions/other players, but for now I want to quickly address the suspicions about me since lynch close is quickly approaching:

1. Regarding my not immediately grabbing affiliation from my role PM: I barely read it, I got my role name/ability, then had to Google because I had never heard the name before. I never read the intro on the sign up thread since I wasn't expecting to play, and the first thing I truly paid attention to was the intro to the game thread, which I based my comment on. I will also point out that I was in lecture when I sent that (I said as much), so my attention was somewhat diverted.

2. Google Star Wars Rebels. Click the Wikipedia Link. Look at the bar along the right side. I copied and pasted from the "Leaders" and "Notable Members" section. The names of the characters we are now talking about weren't even mentioned there. If you don't believe me go try it.

3. I know I never wolf, but I really hope people don't think I would be stupid enough to A) be the first person to post strategy, since that person usually ends up with at least a few lynch votes by day end and B) not acknowledge potential villager code. I'll point out that last time I wolfed I just didn't say anything the entire game, and that worked out well for me. :laugh:

I am villager. Lynching me will not get you a wolf.

Edited for grammar

Last edited:
Oof. Just got home from work and read thread top to bottom. Have some thoughts about my potential suspicions/other players, but for now I want to quickly address the suspicions about me since lynch close is quickly approaching:

1. Regarding my not immediately grabbing affiliation from my role PM: I barely read it, I got my role name/ability, then had to Google because I had never heard the name before. I never read the intro on the sign up thread since I wasn't expecting to play, and the first thing I truly paid attention to was the intro to the game thread, which I based my comment on. I will also point out that I was in lecture when I sent that (I said as much), so my attention was somewhat diverted.

2. Google Star Wars Rebels. Click the Wikipedia Link. Look at the bar along the right side. I copied and pasted from the "Leaders" and "Notable Members" section. The names of the characters we are now talking about weren't even mentioned there. If you don't believe me go try it.

3. I know I never wolf, but I really hope people don't think I would be stupid enough to A) be the first person to post strategy, since that person usually ends up with at least a few lynch votes by day end and B) not acknowledge potential villager code. I'll point out that last time I wolfed I just didn't say anything the entire game, and that worked out well for me. :laugh:

I am villager. Lynching me will not get you a wolf.

Edited for grammar

Very well, for now I believe you. Unlynch BBC lynch WZ because I want to figure out game mechanics including this bounty.

First, please don't call me Hilary. Next, I had at least 3 people perform actions on me last night, and I expect to be investigated many more times, and did you read my post about my connection to Ny after I became emperor? She could protect me from death of ANY kind, meaning as long as she was alive, I couldn't even be lynched, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would have been ok with her being killed n1, or really any night. She would have made it to end game for sure if I were a wolf.

First, please don't call me Hilary. Next, I had at least 3 people perform actions on me last night, and I expect to be investigated many more times, and did you read my post about my connection to Ny after I became emperor? She could protect me from death of ANY kind, meaning as long as she was alive, I couldn't even be lynched, there is NO WAY IN HELL I would have been ok with her being killed n1, or really any night. She would have made it to end game for sure if I were a wolf.
Autocorrect hates your name. Sorry.

I don't think lynching wz is going to bring us a wolf. That feels too easy for day 1 and I know wz would be so mad if she's a villager. I don't know the theme all that well but Jabba doesn't really scream villager to me.

Lynching Karabou because she might always be a wolf seems silly too. She has to be a villager at some point

BBC's comments didn't come off as not knowing who the villagers would be...plus I'm pretty sure that was announced in the sign up thread.

That being said, I'm not sure who to vote for now. But since I'm feeling BBC is not super wolfy,

******lynch Ceke*******

Noted. Showshoe is another good one to lynch, because that reason is almost more dumb than "rng"....

I'm inclined to vote for ally or snowshoe because I HATE the "so and so is always a wolf" reason for a lynch. But I also find it suspicious that Krabs changed her vote as soon as someone pointed out that it was weird, and, like I said, it would be easy for the wolves to jump onto LIS' (admittedly sound) reason for lynching WZ.

Lynch Krabs for now.

Hmm.. I'm sorry my reason was dumb, I definitely said that as more joke-like than actually meaning it was my reason for voting her. I just always find Kara sketchy and I didn't want people hung up over just bbc and ceke before hearing from them so I wanted someone else on the table. Someone said ceke is a different time zone? I guess that could make his comment make sense. BBC is still sketchy, but she gave some legit reasons. I don't know.. Also I also think cdo is acting sketchy. I haven't decided if I'm going to switch yet, I still think Kara's wz vote was weird.

FYI I'm a vanilla villager, no abilities. I was sleep deprived and on pain killers last night, I was supposed to be out shopping for new furniture and instead I've spent the majority of today in bed feeling like death warmed up. I can try and explain my weird comments, but not right now, because I'm heading back to bed so I can lie there and feel miserable. Pity party, table of one thanks.

Lynch Closed. Final Tally:

3m (2)- ceke, BBC
raf (1)- caia
genny (1)- ally
BBC (4)- dy, , vmh, krabs, LotF
WZ (4)- LIS, , KC, cdo, coop
ceke (7)- raf, pip, hmoo, 3m, gwen, otter, FB
krabs (5)- SSdog, PBC, guis, Teep, genny
cdo (1)- Jil

25/29 votes

missing: awesomenessity, WildZoo, SARdoghandler, Cyndia

Oh well, congrats you lynched a villager. Now I'm going to crawl back into bed and feel miserable. Go villagers, and all that, try and get a wolf next time.