TCOM questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

titan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received notification that TCOM has all of my materials which I assume means that they are reviewing me for an interview. For those who have been through the app. process for TCOM, would it be beneficial to call them to express my interest or check the status of my application? I want them to know that I am very interested. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

One way to let them know you are interested without being annoying is to send them a small thank you note. Something along the lines....."Hello. I have just received your letter noting that you have all my application materials. I am sincerely interested in attending TCOM and look forward to hearing from you soon. If there any concerns with my application, please notify me at 867-5309. Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Every little bit helps and this kind of note is non-threatening and non-annoying. Good Luck to you. I'm sure you will do fine. :D

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
tcom06,

Did you hear from TCOm? My application is still under review...

My app was completed on Aug, but not yet hear anything from them. I tried to send a note to check my application status and was told that my app is still under consider for interview. Is there anyone interviewed with TCOM?

Hi AYLC,

I interviewed at TCOM in August. I am assuming that you are a texas resident since youhave the dallas address. I am pretty sure they are interviewing through the middle of december so don't sweat it too much. I had less than a weeks notice for my interview, plus it really doesn't matter too much whne you interview in Texas becasue they don't have rolling admissions, (they say they do, but they wait until everyone has interviewed then they make their list and send it to Austin.

Hi, Nubtastic
Thanks for the info. I assume you also applied other Texas schools. Did you go interview anywhere else in TX?

I interviewed at Tech and Houston. I have been pretty disappointed not to here from UTMB or San Antonio. I didn't apply to A&M becasue that is where I go to school now and I can't stand anymore time in College Station.

TCOM is my first choice so hopefully that is where I will get in, but if I get in anywher I will be thrilled.

I am also waiting to hear from TCOM. The schedule for this year has been moved back (meaning that we do not find out the results from the match system until Feb. 1 instead of Jan. 15) so maybe TCOM will interview until January. ;) I am hoping. For those who did interview were your did you have average stats (or below or above)? Thanks.

I'd say I have average stats. 29 and a 3.3 GPA, I'm an engineer though.