2021-2022 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if TCOM is prematch heavy or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted!! So excited :) good luck everyone you got this!!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m in tears. I prematched!!! Thank ya’ll so much and good luck this cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Got a prematch this morning! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
If you prematched, do you mind sharing your interview date and how they contacted your about your acceptance?

For those that got accepted or know information on this, what does the Accept/Decline offer mean exactly? It says I have to accept or decline by October 29th. If I accept, does that put me out of the running for other schools? I can't find any information on this, so thanks for any help!

For those that got accepted or know information on this, what does the Accept/Decline offer mean exactly? It says I have to accept or decline by October 29th. If I accept, does that put me out of the running for other schools? I can't find any information on this, so thanks for any help!

Does anyone know if TCOM is prematch heavy or not?
Hey! I actually toured TCOM recently and I asked them about this. They said it depends on the year, last year they actually gave more prematch offers than match day offers because of how competitive the applicant pool was. He said this year is looking closer to 50/50ish

Reactions: 1 user
So it is actually really advantageous to prematch because it does not take you out of the running for other schools! Instead, you can even rank a school higher on your match list that has not offered you a prematch offer, say UTSW, and then rank TCOM 2nd, and if you match into your higher-ranked choice you would go there. Meanwhile, you will still have your acceptance to TCOM. Hope this helps clarify things for anyone wondering the same thing.

You may accept all offers made to you until you rank your schools for the Match.
You may get more than one offer, or not.
You come out of Match Day with one school.
There is NO risk to you and your chances for more interviews if you accept pre-match offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank y'all so much for the responses and clarification!

Is there anything that has stood out to you as UNT does differently that you have noticed?
Sorry, I’m not sure how to answer this exactly as I really only know my medical school in detail and don’t know how other schools do things exactly. I will say that I am enjoying how the curriculum is structured and the organization of the classes so far.

Reactions: 1 users
Does TCOM provide students with an iPad/MacBook? Debating whether or not to get the new MacBook but saw that TCOM charges a $2000 technology fee as part of their tuition.

Does TCOM provide students with an iPad/MacBook? Debating whether or not to get the new MacBook but saw that TCOM charges a $2000 technology fee as part of their tuition.
You will have to get a new MacBook (from them), they will not let you use a laptop other than the one they "give" you to take the exam.

You will have to get a new MacBook (from them), they will not let you use a laptop other than the one they "give" you to take the exam.
Do we get to keep it after we graduate? I hope it's the new one!

Do we get to keep it after we graduate? I hope it's the new one!
Yup! And it’s the most recent one and you get a soft case, Ethernet adapter, multiport adapter, and 1 TB SSD external drive. There are some upgrades to the laptop itself but not completely maxed out.

• Care
Sorry, I’m not sure how to answer this exactly as I really only know my medical school in detail and don’t know how other schools do things exactly. I will say that I am enjoying how the curriculum is structured and the organization of the classes so far.
Thank you! Do you feel that TCOM offers a lot of organizations, research, or other extracurricular opportunities?

Thank you! Do you feel that TCOM offers a lot of organizations, research, or other extracurricular opportunities?
Yes, there are a million different student organizations and leadership opportunities. We also have tons of volunteering opportunities which is good bc we have to do 10 hours per semester for the first 2 years. As far as research, there is a summer program between M1-M2 or you can talk to your advisor and they can put you in touch with someone doing research at unthsc that you're interested in, or you can contact physicians in the community. So yes, if you want to find research you can.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone that interviewed on 10/12 have TCOM show up on their TMDSAS ranking yet?

II last night! 64 LizzyM, URM, In-state resident.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone with no DO experience gotten a II?

Has anyone with no DO experience gotten a II?
Yea + a prematch. I have no formal in-person shadowing at ALL so they absolutely look at other aspects of your application. I will say though, that I was a previous Med Sci grad student at UNTHSC.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone whose only pre-match is to TCOM received an email from TMDSAS regarding transcripts?

Yea + a prematch. I have no formal in-person shadowing at ALL so they absolutely look at other aspects of your application. I will say though, that I was a previous Med Sci grad student at UNTHSC.
Hey! I was wondering when you got your secondary in? Also what are your stats if you dont mind me asking?

Has anyone whose only pre-match is to TCOM received an email from TMDSAS regarding transcripts?
If you log onto your portal for TCOM, there should be tasks in the to-do tab after accepting your offer on where to send your transcripts. I have not received any correspondence from TMDSAS about transcripts directly.

Anyone who interviewed in October heard back or got the A yet? :0

Hey! I was wondering when you got your secondary in? Also what are your stats if you dont mind me asking?
LM 67 with a pretty large gap between my (low) GPA and (high) MCAT. I submitted secondary 8/21, got my II 9/2 and interviewed 9/14

I had an interview a couple of days ago, do they seem to send out prematches after October 15th? Trying to look at last year's.

Prematched! Interviewed 10/8. Couldn't be more excited right now!!

Reactions: 5 users
OOS Acceptance! Interviewed 8/24. Beyond excited!

Reactions: 2 users
For those that interviewed after Mid-October has TCOM been added to your TMDSAS portal yet?