**The Official Marquette University School of Dentistry Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Accepted off of the waitlist today! Best. Christmas. Ever. Hang in there everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off of the waitlist today! Best. Christmas. Ever. Hang in there everyone!

THAT'S AMAZING CONGRATULATIONS! This gives us all HOPE! Definitely a very merry Christmas gift for you, he's out-of-state btw you guys!!! Did you get a phone call?? Email? Portal update??

Edited:
He's out-of-state

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! What's your residency?

Congrats!!

THAT'S AMAZING CONGRATULATIONS! This gives us all HOPE! Definitely a very merry Christmas gift for you, he's in-state btw you guys!!! Did you get a phone call?? Email? Portal update??

Thanks everyone! I'm OOS from Michigan. I interviewed in Mid October and was waitlisted on 11/30. Director Trecek called me today at 1:30 with the good news, saying the acceptance offer was signed on Friday and to expect stuff in the mail soon.

Did anyone email Marquette to let them know that they are one of their top choices? If so, what email did you send it to?

Did anyone email Marquette to let them know that they are one of their top choices? If so, what email did you send it to?

I think they only accept update emails and academic updates.

Edit. That is just my guess, as I was told to update them when I called a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think they only accept update emails and academic updates.

Edit. That is just my guess, as I was told to update them when I called a few weeks ago.

What exactly do you mean by update emails? I also have an academic update to send as well.

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a set date when they release the next round of acceptances? I saw somewhere that last year it was January 15th or 16th. However, seeing as someone got in off the waitlist, maybe its rolling and not fixed anymore? I just really don't want to waste the deposit money for my other school, thanks!

Marquette vs. UIC? Thoughts?

Last edited:
MU vs. UIC? Thoughts?
I was choosing between the same schools and I decided on Marquette ( I'm an IL resident). The biggest factor in my choice was Marquette's concentration on clinical excellence and school community. I felt like the two schools offered v similar things but Marquette's clinical edge I feel will give me more options after graduation ( clinical confidence whether I go straight into practice or a postgrad residency)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was choosing between the same schools and I decided on Marquette ( I'm an IL resident). The biggest factor in my choice was Marquette's concentration on clinical excellence and school community. I felt like the two schools offered v similar things but Marquette's clinical edge I feel will give me more options after graduation ( clinical confidence whether I go straight into practice or a postgrad residency)
It's such a tough decision. If I went with my gut feeling, I'd easily choose Marquette. The interview day was awesome and the students seemed to love their school. However, the fact that UIC is ranked higher, in addition to many dentists I know speaking poorly of Marquette makes it tough. I've been told Marquette graduates aren't as competent and knowledgeable relative to graduates of other schools. Of course, this may be a biased opinion.

It's such a tough decision. If I went with my gut feeling, I'd easily choose Marquette. The interview day was awesome and the students seemed to love their school. However, the fact that UIC is ranked higher, in addition to many dentists I know speaking poorly of Marquette makes it tough. I've been told Marquette graduates aren't as competent and knowledgeable relative to graduates of other schools. Of course, this may be a biased opinion.
I don't believe "many dentists" speak poorly of Marquette or that Marquette graduates aren't as competent as graduates of other schools. Apparently, you don't believe that either, as if you did the decision to go to UIC would be a no-brainer and as you frequently post on the Marquette thread. Both schools have excellent reputations.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't believe "many dentists" speak poorly of Marquette or that Marquette graduates aren't as competent as graduates of other schools. Apparently, you don't believe that either, as if you did the decision to go to UIC would be a no-brainer and as you frequently post on the Marquette thread. Both schools have excellent reputations.
Yea lol guessing I'm looking for a reason not to believe it

Does anybody know what the specialization rates typically are at Marquette? I know some other schools tend to showcase the number of students that go into x specialty, but I can't seem to find anything for Marquette.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Regrettably,

An in-state spot just opened up.

Good luck everybody.

Could anyone please share the sheet they gave us with the cost of attendance/breakdown?

Based on the website and multiple posts (past years and present). More offers will go out next week or the week after. They will be offered to waitlisted people that were already interviewed.

Based on the website and multiple posts (past years and present). More offers will go out next week or the week after. They will be offered to waitlisted people that were already interviewed.

Fingers crossed for the both of us :)

How far does Marquette conduct interviews into the application cycle? (post-Dec. interviews)

Accepted off the waitlist in state, can't wait :) feeling so blessed

Reactions: 3 users
Cassie called me I believe they might make more offers monday
yea, Cassie said their next round will be next week or the week after. I am not to worried about when, just hope I get the call. Congrats!

Accepted off the waitlist in state, can't wait :) feeling so blessed

Congrats! How exciting! Marquette is truly a fantastic school and you'll love your time there!

Congrats! How exciting! Marquette is truly a fantastic school and you'll love your time there!
Thanks man who knows might of been your spot :) I appreciate it! I know you'll love Pacific as well. This week has just been filled with good news, also received an invite to Midwestern IL this morning as well but I am going to turn the interview down because of the good news at Marquette.

Has anyone OOS been accepted off the waitlist in the second round yet?

Has anyone OOS been accepted off the waitlist in the second round yet?

No. If you call, they may tell you when the next round comes out. I know it's this week or next. There may be more specifics as I was told that last week.

Marquette!! Got the call. :soexcited: <- been waiting to use that one.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! I wonder how many were accepted yesterday...?

On the phone I was told there were a few spots to fill. So I am not sure. But that is what I was told.

So I'm assuming it's not a specific day when they release the 2nd round of acceptances? (Since someone from oos was recently accepted above)

I think last year it was the 15th of every month, but I guess it's changed now?

Does anyone know if there is a third round of acceptances in February or is it just rolling admissions now?