***The Official Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anyone know how soon they get back to you after a post December interview?
I heard back 3 days after my interview

Members don't see this ad.

nice! Did your interviewers respond to your thank you email? (If you sent one)
Yes they responded. I also emailed and thanked every faculty member I met on the day of the interview. I told them specifically what I liked about the school and how their program is ideal for me (e.g. dental implants).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes they responded. I also emailed and thanked every faculty member I met on the day of the interview. I told them specifically what I liked about the school and how their program is ideal for me (e.g. dental implants).
Interesting! I sent individual thank you emails to both of my interviewers and they never responded! I was waitlisted though so that may be why hmm

I would imagine there would be a lot of waitlist movement after March 20th. This is when those who have put down multiple deposits have to choose where they will be attending or else they will lose their spot in the program. Remember, Midwestern's deposit is only $200, so why wouldn't people put it down just in case?

Will they be switching to virtual interviews? Since many universities have moved online.

Will they be switching to virtual interviews? Since many universities have moved online.
No. I think they will either delay the interviews or just cancel them. They want to show you the clinics and the university during the interview.

Is there still a chance to get an interview? I havent been rejected yet and am thinking of sending an email saying I'm still interested in the school

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

For atudents that go here, what year do you get paired with a d3 and d4 and is this for clinic only? Do the community based clinics have a diverse patient pool?

hey! I finally got an interview invite!! I am super excited but just as nervous! I was looking online but just wanted to make sure of a couple of things: what is the CDMI grading system? cause i read somewhere that its pass or fail and if so, what percentage is passing or failing, i saw somewhere that it was 83% but I just want to make sure. Do they have a block schedule? also, is it true that you can get on campus housing?

hey! I finally got an interview invite!! I am super excited but just as nervous! I was looking online but just wanted to make sure of a couple of things: what is the CDMI grading system? cause i read somewhere that its pass or fail and if so, what percentage is passing or failing, i saw somewhere that it was 83% but I just want to make sure. Do they have a block schedule? also, is it true that you can get on campus housing?
Did you get an interview invite today?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't taken anatomy and I got an interview. Will they accept anatomy from community college?

What day are you scheduled to interview? I am in the biomed masters at the Glendale campus, and a bunch of us are scheduled to interview next week, but just got word they are pushing us back to MAY due to COVID-19. Just curious if the IL campus is pushing March interview dates back as well or not?

Last edited:
What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking? All of us on the waitlist right now would appreciate any information we can go off of!

21 AA 20TS 21PAT 17QR :( 26RC
3.1 sGPA 3.4cGPA
600+ research hours
200+ dental hours
student athlete
applied Dec 17
"interviewed well" according to the dean.
only sent a letter of intent, no other updates.

hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know anybody that got rejected post-interview? I feel like everyone is waitlisted and they don't really do rejection. Btw, how many more interviews are they giving out?

Does anyone know anybody that got rejected post-interview? I feel like everyone is waitlisted and they don't really do rejection. Btw, how many more interviews are they giving out?

the dean mentioned they were still planning on interviewing about 200 ppl. (i was at work and it was kind of loud but i'm pretty sure i heard that right)

Late post, but I interviewed last Tuesday 3/10 and was accepted last Friday 3/13!!! :):) Got the call late Friday afternoon!! So excited!!!

Reactions: 1 user
That sounds like a lot, I thought they were supposed to be wrapping up interviews in the next couple weeks? And since waitlist movement has started surely it can't be an additional 200?
I don't know how many people they will interview, but they have cancelled interviews due to the virus and they are looking at other options such as virtual interviews.

do you guys think they'll send out any more interviews at this point??

For people who sent letter and/or updates, did you get an email back saying they have received it or reviewed it?

What day are you scheduled to interview? I am in the biomed masters at the Glendale campus, and a bunch of us are scheduled to interview next week, but just got word they are pushing us back to MAY due to COVID-19. Just curious if the IL campus is pushing March interview dates back as well or not?
hey due to the corona virus midwestern is closed so are they still conducting interviews on the day that we were supposed to but except now its just online.

Late post, but I interviewed last Tuesday 3/10 and was accepted last Friday 3/13!!! :):) Got the call late Friday afternoon!! So excited!!!
hey if you don't mind me asking how was your interview? i am really nervous and don't know what to expect. any tips?

That sounds like a lot, I thought they were supposed to be wrapping up interviews in the next couple weeks? And since waitlist movement has started surely it can't be an additional 200?

sorry for the confusion but that’s really what the dean told me when he called me. he basically said “we reviewed your app and still have about 200 more students to look at and decided to accept u” but hindsight i guess that’s really ambiguous and not necessarily 200 “new” people so sorry again for the confusion!

sorry for the confusion but that’s really what the dean told me when he called me. he basically said “we reviewed your app and still have about 200 more students to look at and decided to accept u” but hindsight i guess that’s really ambiguous and not necessarily 200 “new” people so sorry again for the confusion!
thanks for the clarification! It’s sounds like they just have 200 apps still under review that haven’t been looked at yet. They receive anywhere between 2,000-3,000 applications each year and only interview around 500 so the amount of applicants they choose to interview out of those 200 will likely be small since they have already completed the majority of their interviews : )

Do you guys know who gonna be the person that go back and review the waitlist? is it gonna be the same persons who interview or reviews your updates/app?

COVID messed up the end of the application cycle man

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
i have online interview this upcoming week, do you guys know what kind of questions they could ask about coronavirus? will it be more dental related or could they ask questions on vaccination?

Any waitlisted applicants heard back anything?

Any waitlisted applicants heard back anything?

Nope! I though we would hear something today too but I think we just have to expect delays due to covid..

Does anyone know how the "virtual" interviews might be set up?
I am wondering the same thing. they were supposed to email us with all the details but I still have not received any information. If you don't mind me asking, when are you interviewed for? cause i know they are interviewing some people tomorrow (tues) so it thought they would have emailed us with detail already at this point.

hey if you don't mind me asking how was your interview? i am really nervous and don't know what to expect. any tips?

The interview was very chill! My interviewers were super nice which helped to ease my nerves lol. Just be sure to smile and let your personality shine while still remaining professional. The interview itself lasts 15-20 minutes; this was consistent for almost everyone who interviewed on my interview day.

Anyone heard anything back from the waitlist?

I just called admissions and it prompted me to an automated response basically saying due to the current situation they are not on campus and are working remotely from home...

So I’m assuming committee meetings aren’t at the top of their priority list right now...

can anyone confirm if they did virtual interviews this week or have one planned within the next couple of weeks?

Last edited:
I just called admissions and it prompted me to an automated response basically saying due to the current situation they are not on campus and are working remotely from home...

So I’m assuming committee meetings aren’t at the top of their priority list right now...

can anyone confirm if they did virtual interviews this week or have one planned with the next couple of weeks?
I have a virtual interview tomorrow!

Does anyone know when second deposits are due?