The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m sorry but the only Halloween based movie my mom let me watch growing up was “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!”

Reactions: 1 user
I’m sorry but the only Halloween based movie my mom let me watch growing up was “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!”
Were you allowed to read/watch Harry Potter? We weren't for a long time (because evil! :rolleyes:) until my Mom finally read it, and then she was fine with us reading it too. My grandma still hates everything HP because it corrupts young minds or some such nonsense.

I've seen it, but I didn't really like it tbh. :oops: Maybe it's because I never watched it as a kid? I'd be willing to give it another shot, but I missed it this time!
It's okay, Tim Burton stuff has never been my cup of tea and I only watch The Nightmare Before Christmas when forced. The music is good though.

Were you allowed to read/watch Harry Potter? We weren't for a long time (because evil! :rolleyes:) until my Mom finally read it, and then she was fine with us reading it too. My grandma still hates everything HP because it corrupts young minds or some such nonsense.
Oh they didn’t have a problem with HP, funny enough! My mom just HATES Halloween in general/ scary things, so she never subject us to them

I can't believe the people who haven't seen or don't like Nightmare Before Christmas. It's one of my faves, but I also love just about everything Tim Burton does :love: and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.

Relevant, this guys vocals are pretty sick.

Reactions: 3 users
It's okay, Tim Burton stuff has never been my cup of tea and I only watch The Nightmare Before Christmas when forced. The music is good though.
That's because it is Danny Elfman and he is amazing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe the people who haven't seen or don't like Nightmare Before Christmas. It's one of my faves, but I also love just about everything Tim Burton does :love: and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.

Relevant, this guys vocals are pretty sick.

Marilyn Manson has a cover of this song as well...

Marilyn Manson has a cover of this song as well...
I know. I haven't listened because I'm still dealing with the news that Twiggy (his bassist) has been accused of rape and abuse by his former girlfriend (aka, lead singer of Jack off Jill). Plus, I'm no metal head, but that dude's vocal range and ability to change his sound, is pretty amazing.

Reactions: 2 users
MZSO63x.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Speaking of my upcoming move, I will be headed north and stopping in Iowa, then across 90 to spend the weekend in MA, (gotta tour a lab), and then headed up to the land of milk and honey in the vacation state.

Just because I like to dream that I will get to see people as I travel.

Speaking of my upcoming move, I will be headed north and stopping in Iowa, then across 90 to spend the weekend in MA, (gotta tour a lab), and then headed up to the land of milk and honey in the vacation state.

Just because I like to dream that I will get to see people as I travel.
Whereabouts in Iowa?

Since drinking is tangentially related to this thread...

Going on what sounds like one of the most fun pub crawls ever in a few weeks. The theme is Drunken Mythology:

Bring your myths and merry desires on our pub crawl to rule them all.

How it works:
Step 1: Bring your favorite myth
Step 2: Drink
Step 3: Tell the story of your myth to anyone who asks while you get progressively drunker. (Think Drunk History but with lightning bolts and sexy cows and flying demigods.)
Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3 throughout the evening

With 250+ people, this is going to be ****in' great.

Reactions: 6 users
Since drinking is tangentially related to this thread...

Going on what sounds like one of the most fun pub crawls ever in a few weeks. The theme is Drunken Mythology:

Bring your myths and merry desires on our pub crawl to rule them all.

How it works:
Step 1: Bring your favorite myth
Step 2: Drink
Step 3: Tell the story of your myth to anyone who asks while you get progressively drunker. (Think Drunk History but with lightning bolts and sexy cows and flying demigods.)
Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3 throughout the evening

With 250+ people, this is going to be ****in' great.
No fair sexy cow was supposed to be my Halloween costume lmaoo

Reactions: 2 users
I am like, super cold and I don't know why. I don't know why I'm telling you guys this but there it is.
window or door jambs not fully sealed? Like missing weather striping or something? Its an easy way to lose heat or have the cold get in, since it decided to start being winter on us for no reason.