The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel loved. It's all good, friends! :)

I've edited this to reflect how I chose to read it.

But in all seriousness, my car and I have trust issues after some recent crap so while an hour really isn't that far... no human is worth it while I'm currently a scared little girl who doesn't want to drive more than 15 minutes anywhere.

Now, if you had a dog with you in Grand Rapids... that would change everything.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've edited this to reflect how I chose to read it.

But in all seriousness, my car and I have trust issues after some recent crap so while an hour really isn't that far... no human is worth it while I'm currently a scared little girl who doesn't want to drive more than 15 minutes anywhere.

Now, if you had a dog with you in Grand Rapids... that would change everything.
I'm just lazy

(but mostly I have a dr appt to get a needle stabbed into my back at 9 am so sry Hamm)

Members don't see this ad :)
My list is pretty random and somewhat embarrassing, lots of one-hit wonders. Definitely didn't realize how much I listened to certain songs. :laugh: I wish I had saved my playlist from 2016 to compare!
4 Non-Blondes
a-ha
Adam Lambert
Ariana Grande
Auli'i Cravalho (i.e. Moana :love:)
Blackstreet
Bloodhound Gang
Bobby "Boris" Pickett (as in the guy who sang the Monster Mash. Apparently I was really into my Halloween playlist this year...)
Bonnie Tyler
Britney Spears
Bruno Mars
Captain Cuts and Nateur
The Chainsmokers
Chris Stapleton
Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne
Computer Games (Darren Criss's band with his brother)
The Cure
Demi Lovato
Deorro and Chris Brown
Disturbed
Donna Lewis (I love you, always forever, near or far, closer together...)
Drake
Ed Sheeran
Enrique Iglesias
Flo Rida
George Ezra
Ginuwine
The Go-Gos
Halsey
Hamilton cast
Harry Styles
Hunter Hayes
Idina Menzel
Ingrid Michaelson
James Arthur
Jason Derulo
Justin Bieber
Kenny Loggins (thanks to Danger Zone :rofl:)
Kesha
Kiiara
Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein (the Stranger Things score)
Lady Gaga (my most-represented, no surprise there)
Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Maroon 5
Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa
Meghan Trainor ("No" is catchy, okay???)
Miley Cyrus
Mumford & Sons
Neon Trees
The Outfield (as in "Josie's on a vacation far away...")
Panic! At the Disco
Paramore
Pat Benatar
Pitbull and Chris Brown (woops)
Rednex (yes, as in Cotton Eye Joe. I have no good explanation)
Robyn
Sleeping at Last
Taylor Swift
Tchaikovsky (The Nutcracker is nostalgic for me!)
Toto
Troye Sivan
Twenty One Pilots
The Weeknd
Yellowcard
Young the Giant
I’m judging you for cotton eye joe...
This lovely song made it onto my top songs for 2017. I recommend the entirety of the Adam Young Scores project for studying music! What do you guys listen to when you're studying?

I used to listen to thunderstorm sounds, but now I mainly listen to the Spirit soundtrack

I’m judging you for cotton eye joe...
I used to listen to thunderstorm sounds, but now I mainly listen to the Spirit soundtrack
Had the Spirit soundtrack playing in my car once and my sister was riding with me and asked when I started listening to Christian music... had not even thought about it but I really like it :p

Reactions: 1 users
Had the Spirit soundtrack playing in my car once and my sister was riding with me and asked when I started listening to Christian music... had not even thought about it but I really like it :p
I’m a huge fan of the Spirit soundtrack. My good friend at school is a horse person, so if I’m at her house we’re listening to it to study.

tmp_nXOuFq_b7a612d3b17891e4_tumblr_omxgfpTyHq1vrpazoo2_500.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
But why not? You could be like me. Show up, talk for two seconds and then go radio silent as you resume studying in another tab.
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha that's cute that you think eggo would be able to do that.

It's now officially "Whiskey and a Movie" night.

But why not? You could be like me. Show up, talk for two seconds and then go radio silent as you resume studying in another tab.
Yeaahhh it’s too close to finals for that!
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha that's cute that you think eggo would be able to do that.
Lolololol Ski gets me

I think I’m going to incorporate “Buddy” into every conversation that I have now, see how many fights I can get into.

Honestly “look, buddy” has the same ring as “hey dingus”... you gonna get into a fight, thems fighting words.

Reactions: 5 users
I think I’m going to incorporate “Buddy” into every conversation that I have now, see how many fights I can get into.

Honestly “look, buddy” has the same ring as “hey dingus”... you gonna get into a fight, thems fighting words.

Do you watch South Park? Because... I'm not your buddy, guy.

Had to go find the clip to watch it. Still makes me giggle even though I've seen it 100 times.....
Alas, I do not. I was never allowed to watch it growing up, and then it was never really something I got into when I got older. Funny clip though lol

I'm subjected to it involuntarily because of the hubby, but it has its moments. I literally cannot hear somebody say "buddy" without "I'm not your buddy, guy!" popping into my head. :laugh:

There should be a running SDN blacklist of usernames of people who prove themselves toxic. Verified practitioners would have access to it so they can ask potential hires if they have an SDN username and then cross reference the list.
“Ohhhhhh sorry, we can no longer consider your application....it says here that when you were 15......”

Reactions: 3 users
There should be a running SDN blacklist of usernames of people who prove themselves toxic. Verified practitioners would have access to it so they can ask potential hires if they have an SDN username and then cross reference the list.
“Ohhhhhh sorry, we can no longer consider your application....it says here that when you were 15......”

Reading threads like that makes me so happy the internet was just coming into its own when I was a kid. +pissed+

Reactions: 3 users
I'm officially done with undergrad. Everyone keeps asking how excited I am and how great it is to be done. No one seems to understand it's not that much of a big deal/exciting/ great to be done for me considering I applied to attend another 4 years of schools

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using SDN mobile

I'm officially done with undergrad. Everyone keeps asking how excited I am and how great it is to be done. No one seems to understand it's not that much of a big deal/exciting/ great to be done for me considering I applied to attend another 4 years of schools

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using SDN mobile
pffft it's still an accomplishment. Vet school is a completely different adventure and you gotta celebrate things stepwise!

Reactions: 4 users