The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Beside my dog eating a whole platter of sugar cookies that had been sitting on the dining room table unattended and leaving no crumbs behind, mostly fine and relaxing

There was also a bit when my little cousins were here where I was beginning to wonder if the youngest would get bit by my dog because she wouldn't leave her alone and kept sneaking up and startling her despite me telling her to ignore my dog

Reactions: 1 users
So uh... my family can't get along and I think I'm gonna lose a fingernail. How is everyone else's holiday?
The tiny humans got me sick and my sister yells at me any time they run up to me because she doesn't want me to infect them. So yeah loads of fun. Don't worry everyone else is sick too, but those germs don't bother her :rolleyes:. Also a family friend died about two weeks ago and they didn't bother to tell me, so I missed the funeral :(

Members don't see this ad :)
The tiny humans got me sick and my sister yells at me any time they run up to me because she doesn't want me to infect them. So yeah loads of fun. Don't worry everyone else is sick too, but those germs don't bother her :rolleyes:. Also a family friend died about two weeks ago and they didn't bother to tell me, so I missed the funeral :(
Boo on all of this :(

Hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. Still not sure I'll want to continue to go to two different extended family-in-law events on Christmas day. But that's a problem for future me to worry about.

I keep getting 'people you may know' recommendations that I'm prettty sure are sdn'ers and I'm so stuck between wanting to friend everybody and not wanting to be a creep.
You definitely creeped me out for a second but I figured out who you were with the help of Trilt and accepted your request :p

So I'm gonna assume that's who I got a friend request from today.........

Reactions: 3 users
I'm still drinking ridiculous amounts of fluids and alternating ibuprofen and tylenol and hanging out in the dog range of temperatures, so this has been a real fun Christmas so far.

Reactions: 1 user
I literally think I only sent friend requests 2 people from sdn (and only because they told me to) because I didn't want a be a creep. I like to be the acceptor in these facebook scenarios.

Me too, usually. This is totally the equivalent of being drunk at a party and deciding I'm going to meet everrrryone! :laugh:

Strider saw me reflecting on the 5 billion people I became friends with last year and said "in a year, I want that to be me."

Obviously. Only explanation.

Yup.

Me too, usually. This is totally the equivalent of being drunk at a party and deciding I'm going to meet everrrryone! :laugh:
If it makes you feel any better, I was about to send you a friend request before I realized you had already sent me one!

Christmas weekend: I worked 5 hours in a position I'm not trained for during the busiest weekend of the year, trying to understand shouted directions in a facility no one can hear in. I've been awake for almost 30 hours and my mom has forbidden me from driving because I'm 'going to crash at any minute,' so I'm upstairs taking a "nap" so I can drive 8 minutes and visit the cat I'm taking care of this week. I haven't eaten a full meal (except breakfast, yesterday) in four days but I've consumed my weight in chocolate. I went to the nutcracker (which was fantastic) and was hit on by a vulgar old man (which was frightening and made me feel panicked, but mostly I'm upset that I missed part of Act I because of that idiot and I was too nervous to call him out). Spent some time with friends and too much time with family. Not ready for work tomorrow.

So . . . yeah. Merry Christmas. :p

That makes it sound pretty bad, but mostly it's been busy. And parents. And busy.

Christmas weekend: I worked 5 hours in a position I'm not trained for during the busiest weekend of the year, trying to understand shouted directions in a facility no one can hear in. I've been awake for almost 30 hours and my mom has forbidden me from driving because I'm 'going to crash at any minute,' so I'm upstairs taking a "nap" so I can drive 8 minutes and visit the cat I'm taking care of this week. I haven't eaten a full meal (except breakfast, yesterday) in four days but I've consumed my weight in chocolate. I went to the nutcracker (which was fantastic) and was hit on by a vulgar old man (which was frightening and made me feel panicked, but mostly I'm upset that I missed part of Act I because of that idiot and I was too nervous to call him out). Spent some time with friends and too much time with family. Not ready for work tomorrow.

So . . . yeah. Merry Christmas. :p

That makes it sound pretty bad, but mostly it's been busy. And parents. And busy.
That doesn’t sound fun.

My whole family (minus me and my brother) did a Biggest Loser challenge over the last month that ended this morning. For reasons that I will not go into, I don’t approve of the Biggest Loser style of weight loss, but whatevs. Packed for a beach vacation for today, and realized that most of my summer clothes don’t fit well/ at all anymore. Had a small meltdown (it wasn’t small) that ended in my dad kinda just staring at me like

084.png

and then my mom explaining “well you would be skinny if you stopped drinking soda & coffee, went to the gym every day, and got 8 hours of sleep”

My response was an incoherently yelled word vomit about why that’s literally impossible.

It’s been an interesting Christmas

Members don't see this ad :)
Due to weather my mom's flights were grounded and she didn't make it home for Christmas. However, my dad and I actually spent a lot of quality time together for the first time in a while and overall this was a really nice Christmas. Plus I got to talk to my mom for the first time in two weeks over FaceTime.

Would do again, except preferably with my mom present and without cousins' dog having a seizure during dinner.

PBC I loved your commentary. Why exactly did you not go to bed though??
The same reason I stayed up all night before flying home. :p Getting up early is hard, but staying up isn't. I was worried about being on time and no sleep = better functionality than just some sleep.

I swear I've had more vivid dreams since I've been home than I have in a long, long time. Don't know what that's about.

But anyway last night I dreamed that I was going on a cruise with my friends but I screwed up getting plane tickets. Also we all lived in the same building - that part was great. I have no idea what happened in the rest of the dream but I remember cursing myself for being so bad at planning ahead for these things. Think my brain is trying to tell me something.

Reactions: 3 users
I swear I've had more vivid dreams since I've been home than I have in a long, long time. Don't know what that's about.

But anyway last night I dreamed that I was going on a cruise with my friends but I screwed up getting plane tickets. Also we all lived in the same building - that part was great. I have no idea what happened in the rest of the dream but I remember cursing myself for being so bad at planning ahead for these things. Think my brain is trying to tell me something.
My goodness, I just had an incredibly vivid dream too in that I was actually supposed to have taken physics 3 this semester because apparently it was a prerequisite for vet school. Turns out I had enrolled in it and never actually took the class so I had an F, and I had to go to the Student services office to beg to get to stay in the class, but they kicked me out anyways.

Hopefully my brain is not trying to tell me something.

My goodness, I just had an incredibly vivid dream too in that I was actually supposed to have taken physics 3 this semester because apparently it was a prerequisite for vet school. Turns out I had enrolled in it and never actually took the class so I had an F, and I had to go to the Student services office to beg to get to stay in the class, but they kicked me out anyways.

Hopefully my brain is not trying to tell me something.
Whoooo school stress dreams

The top bar keeps scolding me for not donating/having an adblocker on and I'm like...uh...