The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@cubsrule4e
Snapchat-800637105.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a "How to competently eat crawfish crayfish crawdads (I'm from MO) for Newbies"? I tried one once at a crappy Chinese buffet of all places, and it was all legs and frustration for little reward. But I'm sure there's a way to get inside that bish.

Is there a "How to competently eat crawfish crayfish crawdads (I'm from MO) for Newbies"? I tried one once at a crappy Chinese buffet of all places, and it was all legs and frustration for little reward. But I'm sure there's a way to get inside that bish.
There really isn't much meat to them honestly, it's mostly in the tail. But here ya go

This video does a pretty good job. My school had crawfish a surprising number of times for dinner, and I always went to buffets that had crawfish. In addition to what she says, I like to pinch the tail together from the sides to loosen up the meat, and then pinch the back of the tail to help push the meat forward (that part she says). Don’t bother with really any other parts of the crawfish aside from sucking out the juices from the head where you pulled off the tail. The point of eating crawfish is to just eat the tail really and to eat as many as possible until you hate yourself and feel like you’ve decimated a species.

Reactions: 1 user
My older dog Athena passed away this morning, she was my heart dog. She has been not right for maybe 6 months, but we actually thought she had turned a corner. Not really sure what happened in the end, and it doesn’t matter; she is gone,

Hard to feel anything but loss right now. This is my most recent picture of her on my iPad, still looked like a puppy to me. And still so full of life View attachment 262391

• Sad
Reactions: 19 users
Aw man. So sorry for your loss, SOV. I feel like I've been on some of those adventures with you guys. This will hurt for a long time, but hopefully all the great memories bring a smile here and there.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I got this ad on this page... apparently we can mail-order hot pregnant chicks. Free shipping!

Don't kink shame meh, Finn

Can I send her back before the baby comes? If I wait until a BOGO sale, will they fite?

(Not my usual kink, but I'm open.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well hello there my old friends.

We meet again.

Hopefully one day I'll get access back to my old account.

XOXO, Foxhunter

Reactions: 13 users
Whoa!!! Foxy! How are you doing?!?

life is some potent mix of insane, blissful, and miserable.

still haven't finished either of these doctorates. should have the PhD august of 2020 and the DVM 2 years after that.

really hate academic research and am struggling through the PhD as it just doesn't line up well with the things I'm good at, but I think when I get to the other side of it I'll be glad I have it and better for having made myself do something that didn't come naturally to me

found my passion/calling and plot twist it's exotics/zoo species/turtles and fish (with an emphasis on public facing institutions/conservation- zoos, museums, and aquariums)

my dog that didn't exist when i joined this forum is great, but getting older and has some dangly tumors; my cat is fat and happy and loves the cat tv i got her (a ball python named Bolo)

Reactions: 2 users
Just finished practicing a talk for a conference at UF this weekend and now I'm headed to do a shell repair on one turtle, write charts for three turtles, and clean up injuries on a dude that legit looks like Two Face from Batman

life is some potent mix of insane, blissful, and miserable.

still haven't finished either of these doctorates. should have the PhD august of 2020 and the DVM 2 years after that.

really hate academic research and am struggling through the PhD as it just doesn't line up well with the things I'm good at, but I think when I get to the other side of it I'll be glad I have it and better for having made myself do something that didn't come naturally to me

found my passion/calling and plot twist it's exotics/zoo species/turtles and fish (with an emphasis on public facing institutions/conservation- zoos, museums, and aquariums)

my dog that didn't exist when i joined this forum is great, but getting older and has some dangly tumors; my cat is fat and happy and loves the cat tv i got her (a ball python named Bolo)
Hi foxy!
With any luck maybe I'll see you around the zoo/wildlife world :)

HAI GUYS PHILLY SDN MEETUP TOMORROW (Thursday) at 2:30 at the mutter museum!! On mobile so can’t tag but ajs and cheezit will be there, as well as me and my roomie!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
HAI GUYS PHILLY SDN MEETUP TOMORROW (Thursday) at 2:30 at the mutter museum!! On mobile so can’t tag but ajs and cheezit will be there, as well as me and my roomie!!!!
Hey, keep me in the loop! I’m a little outside the city. I have a wedding this weekend, but might be able to hang out tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
@grebes4lyfe Yo, some of us gotta work, girl! I'll be chilling later in the evening if you're around. Have you moved up here permanently? Also let's get @ajs513 with a bar rec in center city for the weekend, maybe?

I’m here looking at houses! But definitely down to grab a drink this weekend. I leave Sunday!

Hey, keep me in the loop! I’m a little outside the city. I have a wedding this weekend, but might be able to hang out tomorrow.

Will do :) I’ll shoot you a fb message

@grebes4lyfe Yo, some of us gotta work, girl! I'll be chilling later in the evening if you're around. Have you moved up here permanently? Also let's get @ajs513 with a bar rec in center city for the weekend, maybe?
I’m gonna be in central jersey this weekend :( But Midnight Iris at 17th and Lombard is awesome. They have a 4.9 on google and they deserve it. Awesome food too, and games upstairs