TUCOM-NV Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
g1

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey, what were your stats man?

Medium waitlisted...

Need more people to decline and tell Touro they are declining... :(:(:(

So I have to wait for accepted / high waitlisted people to decline, before I even get a chance.
:xf::oops::oops::oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if we can call to ask where or what number we are on the wait list?

Or

Has anyone arleady done it?

What's the reply?

does anyone know if we can call to ask where or what number we are on the wait list?

Or

Has anyone arleady done it?

What's the reply?

Now I haven't tried it because after I was put on high wait list I was pulled off the next day, but what I remember Taylor saying at the interview is that if you call and ask where you're at on the list, they can only tell you what waitlist you're on, not exactly where you're at or how many people are in front of you. Doesn't hurt to call and ask though, they might just tell ya. Good luck!

may I ask when you interviewed?
And What day you were accepted?

I interviewed on 1/30 and was placed on high waitlist in mid Feb, then the next day Taylor called and offered a spot.

Interviewed 1/11 and accepted off the high waitlist 2/22. I'm assuming now that the class is pretty much full, it won't happen as quickly.

any more news on people being pulled from waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
declined my direct acceptance; good luck to all of you!!

when was your interview date?
When did you get accepted?

Last edited:
when was your interview date?
When did you get accepted?

Dude take a deep deep breath. You have a long summer ahead of you as you're on the medium waitlist. Not saying you dont have a chance but historically if they get to their medium waitlist it isn't until a week or two before classes start. So try and relax and be patient through the summer otherwise you are going to drive yourself crazy.

advice taken.
Just a quick question.
Do they email you as well, or just call you only?
What happens if you aren't able to pick up the phone when they call? Anyone know?

I'm just in a bad position. Either I study now and retake Mcat ASAP before august, so I can apply for next 2013 cycle.

Or I take it easy and wait for the call, which may or may not come.

advice taken.
Just a quick question.
What happens if you aren't able to pick up the phone when they call? Anyone know?

I'm just in a bad position. Either I study now and retake Mcat ASAP before august, so I can apply for next 2013 cycle.

They will call you. If you dont answer they leave you a mesage and you have so many days to return it. I honestly would plan on applying again and get everything in order. The medium waitlist is not a very safe place to be, so i would definitely NOT bank on getting in.

If I was in your position, I'd be halfway done with studying for my MCAT retake and finishing up my 2013 app.

Like everyone says, hope for the best, plan for the worst.

advice taken.
Just a quick question.

I am not sure what they told your group on interview day, but I remember Oscar saying to our group (interviewed on 4/17) that they have not gotten to the medium or low wait list in the past couple of years. I sincerely hope you get in, but like others have said, it's best to be realistic. I am on the high wait list and have already started the process of reapplying.

yep, I know. Always a next cycle..and only question is how to make the year off good for application.

im done with the 2013 app. Just the question is whether or not I should Attempt to retake mcat in hopes of getting a higher grade or just leave it as it is and do more volunteer work and programs during my year off (while applying for 2013).

I am not sure what they told your group on interview day, but I remember Oscar saying to our group (interviewed on 4/17) that they have not gotten to the medium or low wait list in the past couple of years. I sincerely hope you get in, but like others have said, it's best to be realistic. I am on the high wait list and have already started the process of reapplying.

Oscar lied lol. I personally know students who have made it off the medium waitlist in the past few years there. Chances are not good, and every year is different but it has definitely happened recently.

interviewed 2/24, accepted 3/27, declined offer 5/18. Another one of my friends declined her acceptance about week ago as well. Hope this helps you out in the end! good luck

Honestly, your chances on Med WL are not that good. Maybe look into an SMP or MCAT retake, etc.

I did not get a phone call today. I did, however, get an email with an acceptance letter attached! Looking forward to meeting all my fellow classmates in Aug!

I did not get a phone call today. I did, however, get an email with an acceptance letter attached! Looking forward to meeting all my fellow classmates in Aug!

Were you high wait-listed? or what?

Congrats! i can only imagine how good you must be feeling right now. Hopefully ill get to know soon..still waiting and staying active.

Congrats! i can only imagine how good you must be feeling right now. Hopefully ill get to know soon..still waiting and staying active.

Thanks, DocOfTheBay! Relief is probably the best word I can think of to describe the way I feel. Hope to see you on campus as well, hang in there!

HopeBoy-

I was on the high waitlist, interviewed 4/17.

So who on here is holding their breath, treading on the High waitlist, waiting for the call of the century? I know I, erh, my hubs is.

Thanks, DocOfTheBay! Relief is probably the best word I can think of to describe the way I feel. Hope to see you on campus as well, hang in there!

HopeBoy-

I was on the high waitlist, interviewed 4/17.
Congrats Surfdr, hopefully we will be joining out in "The Meadows" in August....

So Oscar sent us accepted students an email yesterday entitled "Official Welcome, DO Class of 2016". It included information about orientation, financial aid, immunizations, registration, oficial transcripts, health insurance information and promised background check information in June.

Most of this stuff we've already received, but there is one interesting tidbit: It was addressed to 124 receipients with non-touro email addresses (aka future students). The class size is 135, so the speculation now begins as to what the 11 person discrepancy is about. People that deferred last year? Remediating students? Spots for people on the high waitlist? Who knows!!?!

So who on here is holding their breath, treading on the High waitlist, waiting for the call of the century? I know I, erh, my hubs is.
I was high wait listed as well. Interviewed 4/23. Have u tried calling?

lol i wish. ManBroDude's last post is giving me hope though

Haven't tried calling yet. So did you get accepted off the high wait list then? :)

I've called quite a few times, usually just to make sure the admissions office received my update letters.

However, I have called and emailed Oscar at least 5 times with no reply whatsoever.

Im going to try bugging him again tomorrow, I think he is overloaded with work after Taylor became a coordinator.

Ok i just called and the admissions office said there is nothing else we can do at this point but wait. The rankings have been finalized by the admissions committee.

Ok i just called and the admissions office said there is nothing else we can do at this point but wait. The rankings have been finalized by the admissions committee.

Oh so now we wait? lol Thanks for the recon work DocOfTheBay!

Oh so now we wait? lol Thanks for the recon work DocOfTheBay!

No problem, these boards must save a lot of time for admission offices. I could imagine how enjoyable it would be to answer the same questions asked over and again by neurotic premeds on a daily basis.

After being active for the past few years its surprisingly hard to just wait.. O well i guess its all part of the journey :thumbup:

anyone else recently get accepted, or declined the offer, or are still waiting from the wait-list?
:eek::confused::scared:

anyone else recently get accepted, or declined the offer, or are still waiting from the wait-list?
:eek::confused::scared:
I know what you are going through Hopeboy, so I will indulge you and let you know my hubby is still on the high-wait list as of today. He interviewed back in mid- April and has been on the HWL since late April. This "in the meantime" period can be torturous I know, but also know that all things in life happen for a reason :)

I know what you are going through Hopeboy, so I will indulge you and let you know my hubby is still on the high-wait list as of today. He interviewed back in mid- April and has been on the HWL since late April. This "in the meantime" period can be torturous I know, but also know that all things in life happen for a reason :)

Thanks.

How about something fun to keep our mind off the waiting game. I put together (to the best of my knowledge) a list of people who were put on the wait list, and were accepted, withdrew, or still hanging tight. Feel free to add or modify.

This, I hope, will be fun "therapy" for us WLs...:laugh:

High Waitlisted (no particular order)
Chaimeow- Accepted
Gildude86 - Accepted
Surfdr - Accepted
ManBroDude - Accepted
Mmckuin - Accepted
Akdass988- Accepted and Withdrew
Chopperman - Accepted
DO2BWife:xf:
DocOftheBay:xf:
Guydudcl371:xf:
Vandal7777:xf:

Medium Wait List
Hopeboy:xf::xf:

Last edited:
How about something fun to keep our mind off the waiting game. I put together (to the best of my knowledge) a list of people who were put on the wait list, and were accepted, withdrew, or still hanging tight. Feel free to add or modify.

Chaimeow- Accepted
Gildude86 - Accepted
Surfdr - Accepted
ManBroDude - Accepted
Mmckuin - Accepted
Chopperman:xf:
Vandal7777:xf:

Medium Wait List
Hopeboy:xf::xf:

I like it!

Chaimeow- Accepted
Gildude86 - Accepted
Surfdr - Accepted
ManBroDude - Accepted
Mmckuin - Accepted
Chopperman:xf: