UNC ASOD Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to apply to UNC this cycle as an out-of-state applicant and would like some tips on the initial application and how I should tailor it to this school. My stats are 3.71gpa 3.65 SGPA and a 24AA/26TS.

The question is "please describe your interest in choosing the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Adams School of Dentistry for your dental education."
For me, the main reason why I want to go there is the orthodontics program and I've heard the state and campus are beautiful, but I would like to know some more info from current students on why they love the school and what helpful resources it provides.

Hey I was wondering if any current/incoming students had any advice on how to approach the comment on the DAT and comment on your GPA questions on the supplemental. I am not really sure on how to approach it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I was wondering if any current/incoming students had any advice on how to approach the comment on the DAT and comment on your GPA questions on the supplemental. I am not really sure on how to approach it.
When did you get the supplemental?

Does anyone know if the supplemental application has to be complete/submitted in order to be invited to an interview?

Does anyone know if the supplemental application has to be complete/submitted in order to be invited to an interview?
It has to be completed and submitted for them to start reviewing it I'm pretty sure

Reactions: 1 users
Just comment on your GPA and DAT. If you had some rough spots comment on why. If you did phenomenally on the DAT talk about why you’re proud of your score or whatever.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you hear something from admissions about when they'll be sending out invites?
I know that they sent them out on the first Friday of September last year. It's possible they are doing that again this year, but who knows.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
School: UNC Chapel Hill
Notification date: 9/9
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.44; 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/23/30/No
Dates available: 9/25
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #3
School: UNC Chapel Hill
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 8/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.67; 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/24/27/No

Last edited:
Interview #4
School: Unc
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
Application complete date: 6/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.93,3.94
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/22/23/No

Congrats to everyone!! Do interviews go out at the same time/is this the only day in September invites will be sent out?

Did any of yall get a confirmation email after filling out the interview form?

I’ve been checking my email anxiously waiting for an interview invite every day :/ this is killing me

Did any of yall get a confirmation email after filling out the interview form?
I didn't. I started panicking the other day thinking maybe I didn't submit the form but I know I did lol

I didn't. I started panicking the other day thinking maybe I didn't submit the form but I know I did lol
Same. I still havent gotten anything from them. Maybe theyll only send it friday. I hope they send it sooner before I cant plan where to take it until i know what time its going to be at

I got my supplemental application back in June but never completed it. Do you think it would be too late to submit the supplemental application now?

I got my supplemental application back in June but never completed it. Do you think it would be too late to submit the supplemental application now?
It is definitely late, but you wont know if its "too" late unless you submit it.

Supplemental isn’t due till November 5; you’re not too late.

Does anyone know how many rounds of invites UNC typically sends out? Because I know someone who submitted around the same time as me/slightly after and they got an invite to UNC (granted, his DAT was really really good). And I saw on this thread of the three people who posted about getting an invite, all three had an AA of 24. I'm trying to figure out if that just means that they interview the best of the best first and then revisit the others or if that means that there's not much of a chance at getting an invite from them now for me?

Does anyone know how many rounds of invites UNC typically sends out? Because I know someone who submitted around the same time as me/slightly after and they got an invite to UNC (granted, his DAT was really really good). And I saw on this thread of the three people who posted about getting an invite, all three had an AA of 24. I'm trying to figure out if that just means that they interview the best of the best first and then revisit the others or if that means that there's not much of a chance at getting an invite from them now for me?
I'm not sure how exactly they choose who to interview first, but I'm pretty sure they typically do three pre-december interviews. So I would say you definitely have a lot of time to still get an interview:))

Congrats! You should post your stats/fill out a typical interview post!
Oh yeah of course. Sorry, I was really excited and it slipped my mind.

Interview #2
School: UNC
Notification date: 9/30
Method of noti: email
AADSAS mail out: 8/4
App complete date: 8/24
GPA: absolutely terrible :/ <3.0
DAT: 26 AA, 27 TS, 20 PAT, 23 reading, nothing below 20
Dates: 10/16
Method of interview: virtual

Got an invitation today.

Interview #3
Undergrad: UNC-CH
Method of not: email
Residency: in-state
app complete date: July 24th
GPA: 3.63
DAT: 23AA, 23 PAT
interview date: 10/16

Interview #7
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/27
Application complete date: 8/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):23/22/20/23 No
Dates available: 10/16

Has anyone received an interview more recently? Does UNC actually only send out three rounds of interviews? Should I send a letter of interest? My brother goes to unc for undergrad so not only would I LOVE to go to dental school at unc but also my parents are really pushing for it.

Has anyone received an interview more recently? Does UNC actually only send out three rounds of interviews? Should I send a letter of interest? My brother goes to unc for undergrad so not only would I LOVE to go to dental school at unc but also my parents are really pushing for it.
I think this year, they send out invites in September, October, November, with one more round in January.

They actually sent me an invite today :')

Notification date: 10/20
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/20
Application complete date: 8/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.81, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/any section below a 17): 22/21/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/6

Got one as well!

Notification date: 10/20
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/20
Application complete date: 10/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.56, 3.68
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/QR/any section below a 17): 26/24/22/30/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/6

Last edited:
I emailed Ms. Oakes a question about my application about two weeks ago… I never heard anything back… is appropriate to call the admissions office or should I just wait?

I emailed Ms. Oakes a question about my application about two weeks ago… I never heard anything back… is appropriate to call the admissions office or should I just wait?
Be patient. One of my friend got an interview in march and got accepted.
They will let you know if you get an interview or waitlisted.

For those of you who have already interviewed, how was your experience? I am interviewing with them very soon and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Interview #3
Notification date: 11/30
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25
Application complete date: 7/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.56; 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/20/No
Date of interview: 1/8

Accepted with a phone call this morning from one of my interviewers!

Accepted by phone call at 8am from one of my interviewers!

Anyone get one after 8? Or know if they're still calling. Also those that got in, did you get an email too?

Anyone get one after 8? Or know if they're still calling. Also those that got in, did you get an email too?
They said to expect an email after 12 PM from Carolyn Oakes

Just got a call at 10:40 am!