Undergrad, Pre-Med: Berkeley or UCSD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedicalVballer

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I enjoyed visiting both UCSD and Berkeley recently, but fell in love with Cal's campus more so than SD's.

I'm a pre-med student and am totally stuck. I have 2 choices: transferring to UCSD or to Berkeley. Overall, which is the better school for pre-med students, including offering better programs and more opportunities?
 
UCSD. The college system really breaks the big school down so you have much more opportunities to get involved and for academic support. When I was at Cal trying to figure out financial aid and coursework before I made my decision, I felt like a number which really turned me off. Just be ready that La Jolla isn't as exciting as Berkeley.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.