-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNTHSC/TCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009
Started by mshheaddoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
But look on the bright side! Someone posted stats that looked like they went through a HUGE portion of that wait list!
Hey, being OOS I was just happy to receive further consideration. If I get pulled of the wait list I will happily ride a segway all the way to Ft. Worth just to attend.

Now what if you already paid your tuition at a different school and it's a week before you start and TCOM takes you off the wait list? Are you out like 35,000 dollars or whatever the other tuition may have been? That would be rough..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now what if you already paid your tuition at a different school and it's a week before you start and TCOM takes you off the wait list? Are you out like 35,000 dollars or whatever the other tuition may have been? That would be rough..
Yeah... I don't think I could afford that. It is going to happen before I drop down a full tuition somewhere else. Isn't it crazy that as a TX resident you pay less in 4 years than in one year as an OOS at Michigan...
9 months ago we started this journey and in around 9 hours it will end.
For those who continue on to medicine I wish you all the best and look forward to working side by side with you to meet challenges of an ever changing health care system. As you and I embark on this quest do not forget thank those who helped you get to this point. From your parent and friends who never give up on you to your teachers and professors who give you the tools needed to climb to the top of the mountain.
To those who do not find success tonight, I can offer you four words of advice: NEVER EVER GIVE UP! I have been rejected from many schools and accepted by one. I know the agony of rejection and the ecstasy of acceptance. The longest and toughest journeys do not require that we be able to leap over mountains but only that we never stop climbing those mountains.
No matter what happens at 11:59 PM tonight know that simply getting to this point is an achievement only a few reach. I wish all of you the best for the match and if not to be at least waitlisted. 🙂
I would also like to wish the Waitlisted OOSers luck as just getting an interview in Texas is an achievement in of itself and should remind you just what have accomplished. 😎
And finally I hope Flu Shot and other Texans get into TCOM. Your guys excitement about TCOM should be reason enough to accept you in my mind. 😀
When you set out on your journey to Ithaca, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge.👍
For those who continue on to medicine I wish you all the best and look forward to working side by side with you to meet challenges of an ever changing health care system. As you and I embark on this quest do not forget thank those who helped you get to this point. From your parent and friends who never give up on you to your teachers and professors who give you the tools needed to climb to the top of the mountain.
To those who do not find success tonight, I can offer you four words of advice: NEVER EVER GIVE UP! I have been rejected from many schools and accepted by one. I know the agony of rejection and the ecstasy of acceptance. The longest and toughest journeys do not require that we be able to leap over mountains but only that we never stop climbing those mountains.
No matter what happens at 11:59 PM tonight know that simply getting to this point is an achievement only a few reach. I wish all of you the best for the match and if not to be at least waitlisted. 🙂
I would also like to wish the Waitlisted OOSers luck as just getting an interview in Texas is an achievement in of itself and should remind you just what have accomplished. 😎
And finally I hope Flu Shot and other Texans get into TCOM. Your guys excitement about TCOM should be reason enough to accept you in my mind. 😀
When you set out on your journey to Ithaca, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge.👍
I think my F5 button is going to be broken by the end of tonight!
Yeah, I just woke up and saw all of the news. Don't give up OOS people; I think this is where those LoIs and extra tactics come into play. Do all 3 of you have somewhere to go next year regardless? It does seem that way, so there's some solidarity next year.
Thanks medstudent2010 for the encouragement. I'm always in need of a peptalk. I think it's been an unforgettable year and que sera sera tonight. I've tried everything to not jinx or rise hopes of an impending dawn at midnight tonight, but it was fun to ride along with everyone in this thread.
One major thing wanting me to get in along with everyone else is just so we can meet! That would be fantastic. Anyhow, I'll be here, starting at 10pm (since I'm an hour behind).
Thanks medstudent2010 for the encouragement. I'm always in need of a peptalk. I think it's been an unforgettable year and que sera sera tonight. I've tried everything to not jinx or rise hopes of an impending dawn at midnight tonight, but it was fun to ride along with everyone in this thread.
One major thing wanting me to get in along with everyone else is just so we can meet! That would be fantastic. Anyhow, I'll be here, starting at 10pm (since I'm an hour behind).
wow i just got a chance to check the forum for the first time right now and it's already on a new page.
OOSers - i'm sorry for the additional wait, but i'm glad for the continuing existence of a chance for you all. i think it's a HUGE achievement for you all to even make it this far as an OOSer when they have such a preference for cowboys and cowgirls. we're all rooting for you all and we're all in this together in state and out!
Medstudent2010 - thanks so much for the encouragement! we need it... or at least I need it. i've been walking around tired and anxious all day. i'm setting my alarm clock for 11:59pm in case i fall asleep hehe.
Flushot - i second that! i really really want to meet everybody on here! you guys are AWESOME! we need to do a "what does everybody look like" thread sometime haha. cuz everytime i see Flushot's name i picture a syringe and what not and i won't even get started with symptomz 😛 at least with meganmarie i picture a girl. i think everyone would fit great into that family atmosphere at TCOM. they need to accept us all.
anyway...i'll be trying to find things to make myself busy until tonight. is it just me or is anyone else feeling this senese of impending doom? i hope it's my nerves talking and not my intuition.
OOSers - i'm sorry for the additional wait, but i'm glad for the continuing existence of a chance for you all. i think it's a HUGE achievement for you all to even make it this far as an OOSer when they have such a preference for cowboys and cowgirls. we're all rooting for you all and we're all in this together in state and out!
Medstudent2010 - thanks so much for the encouragement! we need it... or at least I need it. i've been walking around tired and anxious all day. i'm setting my alarm clock for 11:59pm in case i fall asleep hehe.
Flushot - i second that! i really really want to meet everybody on here! you guys are AWESOME! we need to do a "what does everybody look like" thread sometime haha. cuz everytime i see Flushot's name i picture a syringe and what not and i won't even get started with symptomz 😛 at least with meganmarie i picture a girl. i think everyone would fit great into that family atmosphere at TCOM. they need to accept us all.
anyway...i'll be trying to find things to make myself busy until tonight. is it just me or is anyone else feeling this senese of impending doom? i hope it's my nerves talking and not my intuition.
Yeah, I just woke up and saw all of the news. Don't give up OOS people; I think this is where those LoIs and extra tactics come into play. Do all 3 of you have somewhere to go next year regardless? It does seem that way, so there's some solidarity next year.
Thanks medstudent2010 for the encouragement. I'm always in need of a peptalk. I think it's been an unforgettable year and que sera sera tonight. I've tried everything to not jinx or rise hopes of an impending dawn at midnight tonight, but it was fun to ride along with everyone in this thread.
One major thing wanting me to get in along with everyone else is just so we can meet! That would be fantastic. Anyhow, I'll be here, starting at 10pm (since I'm an hour behind).
tick tock, tick tock.
Anyone check their status on tcoms website.. i have no change but they might have updated before they left
Yeah... I don't think I could afford that. It is going to happen before I drop down a full tuition somewhere else. Isn't it crazy that as a TX resident you pay less in 4 years than in one year as an OOS at Michigan...
what school demands payment of tuition before the semester begins? i mean if you had fin aid, you have a right to cancel and return all the funds with no penalty, up to a certain date. and if you were paying cash, why would you pay in one shot instead of a 2 or 3 payment plan?
Isn't it crazy that as a TX resident you pay less in 4 years than in one year as an OOS at Michigan...
Isn't it crazy how after just two years, my OOS debt has gone from 30K (undergrad) to 147K?
just wondering...what does it say on TMDSAS if you don't match anywhere?
It says, "You did not match to any schools" or something like that. I remember that from last year.
just wondering...what does it say on TMDSAS if you don't match anywhere?
where do you go to check your status on tcom i alwasy get lost lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nothing has changed for me on either the TCOM or the TMDSAS website, i guess we really have to wait until 11:59ish.
Impending doom? yeah, definitely feeling an ounce of that right now, but then again I felt impending joy on Nov 15. Maybe its like when you walk out of a test thinking you rocked it and then the grade comes back and you actually bombed and vise versa.
On a random topic, I wish other Texas medical schools had status updates like TCOM. I th inka few others do but I know a lot don't so you never really know where you stand. TCOM is nice like that.
Impending doom? yeah, definitely feeling an ounce of that right now, but then again I felt impending joy on Nov 15. Maybe its like when you walk out of a test thinking you rocked it and then the grade comes back and you actually bombed and vise versa.
On a random topic, I wish other Texas medical schools had status updates like TCOM. I th inka few others do but I know a lot don't so you never really know where you stand. TCOM is nice like that.
Haha, yep, I'm actually one giant talking syringe.
It would be great to meet everyone. I already feel like I know too much
And marv, you need to get an avatar!
I'm betting that if there is no match, it will just be that red notice saying that "You do not have multiple offers from schools." That's what I had last year when I applied although I didn't get any interviews.
EDIT - Aww, cmon everyone, I said impending DAWN, not DOOM 🙂
It would be great to meet everyone. I already feel like I know too much
And marv, you need to get an avatar!I'm betting that if there is no match, it will just be that red notice saying that "You do not have multiple offers from schools." That's what I had last year when I applied although I didn't get any interviews.
EDIT - Aww, cmon everyone, I said impending DAWN, not DOOM 🙂
where do you go to check your status on tcom i alwasy get lost lol
Heres the link http://my.hsc.unt.edu/ mine says under review...
to check your status at tcom go to this site: https://my.unt.edu/psp/papd01/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG
enter your info and on the next page click the "HSC Admissions" tab. On the next page there is a link that takes you to your status that says "Application Status"
enter your info and on the next page click the "HSC Admissions" tab. On the next page there is a link that takes you to your status that says "Application Status"
to check your status at tcom go to this site: https://my.unt.edu/psp/papd01/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG
enter your info and on the next page click the "HSC Admissions" tab. On the next page there is a link that takes you to your status that says "Application Status"
thanks to both of you 🙂 best of luck
I should have worn spurs and a cowboy hat to the interview... no, no that would have been worse. I am lucky to have a couple other great options that I am completely thrilled with---but there are some places you go interview that just feel like that is where you belong. That is how TCOM was for me.
Yeah, their site is a little difficult to maneuver.
Wow, what's everyone doing here? 6 hours early to the party![]()
haha I always show up to parties 6 hours early...that's not normal? 😕
oooh, I'm glad I know what i'm looking for on the TMDSAS match page because otherwise I'd probably be confused with whatever was posted there.
That'd be pretty cool if we SDNers met at some point. I think I'd probably call you all by your SDN name for a while though, haha

megan, CBo, ...me three! I confirmed over the phone today that I have also been waitlisted as an OOSer.
Meanwhile, it seems that the two of you have been awarded admittance elsewhere. I am also comforted with another offer (at WesternU), and I am awfully excited for the opportunities there, but... my wife and I are still convinced TCOM will be the best solution for us.
I'll begin a list to summarize Waitlisted OOSers. I am willing to volunteer more info about myself in an attempt to predict the order we will get accepted from this waitlist. Good idea?
Waitlisted OOSers:
Meganmarie
CBoJackson16
AandW
Sure why not, my stats are already posted on my MDAPPS.
This thread has become quite active and I like it! I'm getting nervous!
I should get an avatar too 🙂
Good luck everyone!
I should get an avatar too 🙂
Good luck everyone!
But look on the bright side! Someone posted stats that looked like they went through a HUGE portion of that wait list!
What post are you talking about? Id like to see it.
I haven't yet expressed much of my thanks and admiration to you Texans... Accordingly, I want to take a couple of lines tonight to salute Flushot and friends for making this thread a monument to the good in Texas. Seriously, you folks are great and have created a wonderful sense of community here. I add my prayer to yours. Best of wishes in the ensuing hours! 

What post are you talking about? Id like to see it.
On page 17 of this thread.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7629382&postcount=819
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the nervous eating beginss!!!
the nervous eating beginss!!!
yum yum...everything tastes better when i'm worried/stressed/nervous
Haha I just ate some good italian food!
I'm nervous but have faith that it will work out for us!
I'm nervous but have faith that it will work out for us!
I haven't yet expressed much of my thanks and admiration to you Texans... Accordingly, I want to take a couple of lines tonight to salute Flushot and friends for making this thread a monument to the good in Texas. Seriously, you folks are great and have created a wonderful sense of community here. I add my prayer to yours. Best of wishes in the ensuing hours!![]()
Hey, you're always welcome! Don't be a stranger either; if TCOM's your place, there's some work ahead but it's definitely possible. I should have a TV show and call it Flushot and Friends

I'll be back for the countdown, so don't go crazy without me 😉
i saw the clock said 1137 and was getting excited for 1159 but then i realized east coast time sucks, and its one more hour
Its 10:50 and the TTU library is closing and I have to at work at 6:30 AM. Ill probably check TMDSAS once I get off work. For me its either Lubbock or Fort Worth.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
May the matchmaker make a match for you tonight!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
May the matchmaker make a match for you tonight!
Come on matchmaker!! Make me a match!
Sooooooo......do we think that at exactly 11:59pm the results will be posted? Will it say "Accepted," "Waitlisted," or "No matches"??
I'm sweating like crazy over here!
Welcome.
Yeah, at 11:59 they are supposed to be posted. It will probably say You match to: insert school name or it will say "you did not match"
cold sweats and queezy stomach![]()
Diaphoretic with abdominal discomfort.😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha yea i was likebefore i started feeling 😴 but now it's
![]()
haha so many different faces.
SO who is going to keep hitting refresh on tmdsas and who is going to check here first to see if they are posted??
Haha yeah.. or covering part of the screen.. then uncovering it..
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 457
- Views
- 157K
- Replies
- 264
- Views
- 94K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 488
- Views
- 128K

