You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UNTHSC/TCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009
Started by mshheaddoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
November??? Wow...I'm sorry....you've been waiting even longer than I have.
We're checking the my.unt.edu portal, right? The one that currently says "Your application is under review"???
Good luck everyone! This is school is my top choice!!! I didn't think we were finding out until tomorrow night until earlier today.
We're checking the my.unt.edu portal, right? The one that currently says "Your application is under review"???
Good luck everyone! This is school is my top choice!!! I didn't think we were finding out until tomorrow night until earlier today.
every 30 seconds....psh im updating as fast as my internet can go
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha yeah.. or covering part of the screen.. then uncovering it..
haha yea! i did that for my MCAT score :-X
November??? Wow...I'm sorry....you've been waiting even longer than I have.
We're checking the my.unt.edu portal, right? The one that currently says "Your application is under review"???
Good luck everyone! This is school is my top choice!!! I didn't think we were finding out until tomorrow night until earlier today.
we're checking TMDSAS. that's where it'll be released at 11:59
haha yea! i did that for my MCAT score :-X
me too.. section by section!
I'll be checking here first.
not to make it a contest, but i interviewed august 12th, anyone earlier?
oh jeebus...you poor tortured soul
Oh, I'm here; I'm just watching YouTube 🙂
I got tired of refreshing, so I'm going to wait until one of you hollers![]()
haha yea i have Step Up 2 the Streets playing on TV
heart is beating fast = nervous!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha yea i have Step Up 2 the Streets playing on TV
congratulations, you get rejected for having terrible taste in movies.
omfg....EL PASO!!!
good or bad for you?
Hmm, did they already post? I don't know what to look for.
check in match preferences
good or bad for you?
good that i got into medical school bad that's it's el paso. i ranked tcom first
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, looks like TCOM is my match, see you all in July!
If it says "School Matched: Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine"
good that i got into medical school bad that's it's el paso. i ranked tcom first
im sorry you didnt get your first choice, but you did get in, and sadly not all will. so you should be happy, TTEP is a good school, and youll be fluent in spanish when youre done.
What does that mean???
Hey congrats Dr. Rude!
Here's mine:
Last Updated: 01-14-2009
School Matched: Did not match to any school
Will be posted on January 30, 2009 11:59 pm
I'm sorry everyone; it looks like I didn't make it. Not even a waitlist either I guess. Maybe I'll see when TCOM's status page updates if I can do anything, but yeah, this might be it.
Congrats marv! Are you going to El Paso then?
Here's mine:
Last Updated: 01-14-2009
School Matched: Did not match to any school
Will be posted on January 30, 2009 11:59 pm
I'm sorry everyone; it looks like I didn't make it. Not even a waitlist either I guess. Maybe I'll see when TCOM's status page updates if I can do anything, but yeah, this might be it.
Congrats marv! Are you going to El Paso then?
Hey congrats Dr. Rude!
Here's mine:
Last Updated: 01-14-2009
School Matched: Did not match to any school
Will be posted on January 30, 2009 11:59 pm
I'm sorry everyone; it looks like I didn't make it. Not even a waitlist either I guess. Maybe I'll see when TCOM's status page updates if I can do anything, but yeah, this might be it.
Congrats marv! Are you going to El Paso then?
It aint over yet pal. call the school monday and ask specifically about their post bacc program and how you can get into that. itll add a year onto med school for you, but if you do reasonably well, it basically guarantees you a spot (they wont come right out and tell you that part though) in the class of 2014.
i dont know how their wait list works though, maybe youre up there high and tmdsas doesnt have access to wait lists?
Hey congrats Dr. Rude!
Here's mine:
Last Updated: 01-14-2009
School Matched: Did not match to any school
Will be posted on January 30, 2009 11:59 pm
I'm sorry everyone; it looks like I didn't make it. Not even a waitlist either I guess. Maybe I'll see when TCOM's status page updates if I can do anything, but yeah, this might be it.
Congrats marv! Are you going to El Paso then?
thanks Flushot. i guess it's El Paso for now unless i get waitlisted at TCOM and then accepted. i think they notify you about the waitlist after the match so i'm still pulling for you
Aww I'm sorry Flushot 🙁 I hope you make it on & then off the waitlist. I wish you the best of luck. Stay strong!
Hey congrats too all the TCOM matches! See everyone in July!!
Sorry to hear about the nonmatch flushot. Here's hoping something in the waitlist will occur.
Matched TCOM (prematched) after ranking A&M first in the match but happy regardless. Both schools are great and it was kinda tough to choose one over the other. Again congrats to all!
Sorry to hear about the nonmatch flushot. Here's hoping something in the waitlist will occur.
Matched TCOM (prematched) after ranking A&M first in the match but happy regardless. Both schools are great and it was kinda tough to choose one over the other. Again congrats to all!
It aint over yet pal. call the school monday and ask specifically about their post bacc program and how you can get into that. itll add a year onto med school for you, but if you do reasonably well, it basically guarantees you a spot (they wont come right out and tell you that part though) in the class of 2014.
i dont know how their wait list works though, maybe youre up there high and tmdsas doesnt have access to wait lists?
I don't know how the waitlist works for TMDSAS. I'll call Monday and see.
I also applied for TCOM's post bac back in May 08 and was rejected. I'm currently in AZCOM's SMP. I don't think I could afford to do another, so this will be it.
I also suspect that TCOM might've waitlisted me because I told them I was doing this program and they might want to see how I do or if I send transcripts. It's a quarter system so I'll have to wait until March to send anything, but I hope this isn't the end.
thanks Flushot. i guess it's El Paso for now unless i get waitlisted at TCOM and then accepted. i think they notify you about the waitlist after the match so i'm still pulling for you
Thanks; I know you wanted TCOM too, so we might have to call Monday or check our status to see if it's not over yet. We might have to send those fateful LoIs and see if they're generous.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats to everyone that matched tonight 👍 as for you guys that didn't.....maybe we can all be waitlist buddies 😀
flushot you got into AZCOM right? Is that where you will go if the waitlist doesnt work out?
flushot you got into AZCOM right? Is that where you will go if the waitlist doesnt work out?
No match for me, unfortunately.
Congratulations to those of yall who matched!
Congratulations to those of yall who matched!
Thanks; I know you wanted TCOM too, so we might have to call Monday or check our status to see if it's not over yet. We might have to send those fateful LoIs and see if they're generous.
yeah don't forget we owe each other guitar lessons! let's annoy the hell out of TCOM starting Monday.
No match for me, unfortunately.
Congratulations to those of yall who matched!
i'm sorry to hear that dcowboys22. you should join Flushot and me in bugging TCOM come Monday morning. we're pulling for the waitlist now.
yeah don't forget we owe each other guitar lessons! let's annoy the hell out of TCOM starting Monday.
nothing says annoying like threatening them with rectal exams from untrained hands.
please do try to remember, they do move through a lot of their waitlist, ive shown you the stats before on success if you interview. and from personal experience can tell you my best bud at tcom got accepted 1 week before orientation as he was preparing to take the mcats again. ive also heard other stories about people coming in during orientation, as a matter of fact a few students from the group photo we took the second or third day of orientation didnt even begin classes because they left for another school, deferred due to personal reasons, etc. keep a positive attitude man.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 457
- Views
- 157K
- Replies
- 264
- Views
- 93K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 488
- Views
- 128K
